Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a Albinokin set, for a helmet he has a white pumpkin with orange eyes and mouth. He has a dark green stem with leaves on top of the pumpkin, and a long whit cloak with an orange zipper and collar. his shoes are just white boots with an orange stripe.

Attachments

• albinokin22.png
    albinokin22.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 114
Me looking through all of the other submissions like:

dogeSubmission.png

With this being the last update and all, I decided to take inspiration from the last decade, when Terraria came out. What meme was popular in the early 2010s?

DOGE

So yeah, here's my submission. :happy:

Edit: I was curious so I modded the costume into the game. This is my first time ever making a sprite sheet so it isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but here it is:

Last edited:
My submission is a bit odd but it makes sense.
pixil-frame-0 (1).png

Its a bit small but what it does is you click on a block or piece of furniture and you become that block. I know that it isn't supposed to be an item but I couldn't help but imagine a prop hunt in Terraria. If this doesn't work than I think that there should be some way that furniture could become wearable.

The Ghillie Suit
Hello everyone,

Here is my vanity idea for this contest, the Ghillie Suit. Simply, camouflage clothes that make the character blend into the environment surrounding them. To make things a bit more organized, I will be presenting the set in similar vain to a wiki page.

Vanity Set
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Ghillie_armor.png
- a sprite of the complete costume, the main pixal art of this entry

And here is the information about each of its parts:

Ghillie_Hood.png
- Ghillie Hood
+ Body slot: Social Head
+ Rarity: White
+ Sell: 15 Silver Coins

Ghillie_Suit.png
- Ghillie Suit
+ Body slot: Social Shirt

Glillie_Leggings.png
- Ghillie Leggings
+ Body slot: Social Pants

Crafting
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

The set would be crafted using the following materials:

Note: there are 2 suggestions of the recipes, using 2 different groups of dyes.

Ghillie Hood: 20 Hay, 3 dyes (Red, Green and Blue) or (Pink, Yellow and Cyan), in the Work Bench.

Ghillie Suit: 30 Hay, 3 dyes (Red, Green and Blue) or (Pink, Yellow and Cyan), in the Work Bench.

Ghillie Leggings: 25 Hay, 3 dyes (Red, Green and Blue) or (Pink, Yellow and Cyan), in the Work Bench.

Notes

• The costume would change color depending on the biome the player is currently located in. In the same way as the Biome Hair Dye.
    • - Green in Forest, Mushroom, Space, and Ocean;
    • - Yellow in normal Deserts;
    • - Yellow-green in the Jungle;
    • - Brown in the Dungeon;
    • - Purple in all varieties of The Corruption;
    • - Red in all varieties of The Crimson;
    • - Light blue in all varieties of The Hallow;
    • - White in normal Snow and Ice biomes;
    • - Grey in normal Underground, Cavern, and the The Underworld.
    • - And a Dark red during a Blood Moon.

• In addintion to this set, an new type of dye would also be added to the game. “Biome Dye”, functioning exactly like the other items with same effect. This dye would be selled by the Dye Trader in Hardmode.

Biome_Dye.png
    - the dye’s sprite

• The dyes used in the crafting recipe would be a reference to the color system used for customizing the player characters, in the case of Red, Green and Blue. Or in the case of Pink, Yellow and Cyan would represent the true primary colors, pink serving as substitute for mangeta.

Attachments

• Ghillie_armor.png
    Ghillie_armor.png
    846 bytes · Views: 115
What if you added vanitys to all the boss drop masks. PS:Huge fan of Terraria! Making a card game for my family to play cause we can't afford getting the steam pack of Terraria and get the cards.

This is my submission, I played around with a few black/ Grey versions that could also have a more stealthy look to them. This red version would have its individual pieces dropped by underworld enemies. I know the sprite isn't great, but it basically has a mandible mask and some better looking beetle/solar armor styled breastplate. It could be for pure cosmetic reasons, or it could also give bonuses, such as fire damage from the red set, or a speed increase from a grey set. The whole design is mostly the main color with high tech areas on it featuring animated or "glowing" cyan lights. You might be able to tell, But the Vortex armor is my favorite, so it takes heavy inspiration from the existing lunar sets of armor.
Submission.PNG
Submission Grey.PNG

I had a submission before this that I deleted because I came up with a completely different unrelated idea that I think is probably much better. Since this post got more attention than the previous one, I just got rid of my old idea and went with this one.

As you can see, this is a two piece Wyvern costume. I guess the parts can just be called "Wyvern Helm" and "Wyvern Tail" because I don't feel like coming up with something creative. Thank you for your consideration!

(edit) I actually had a design for the Wyvern set before this one that was previously in this post but then tried to improve upon it like two hours before the thread closes and came up with the current picture. I provided one with a shorter tail (right) just in case the one on the left was too long. Again, thank you for considering.

also i've edited this post like 70 times good lord
Improved Wyvern Costume

Last edited:
I can't post my image, so here is a description. A Purple/Magenta Crow mask and a black cloak with long sleeves and brown pants. Hope that you can make a piece of clothing from my description. And to the winner, Congrats! Best of Luck Everybody

I know we're not supposed to post references to other games, but I had this sitting around my computer and figured I'd give it a shot anyways, even if to just show it off. Would be really cool to see something like it in the game though. One variant is without a weapon on its back and one is with. I call it the "Space Marine Armor". :happy: Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot (351).png
    Screenshot (351).png
    1.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot (352).png
    Screenshot (352).png
    1.9 KB · Views: 92
Terraria Vanity Contestent.gif
This is my Armor Set Called the Crystal-Lord Set. Might be a Hollowed drop or craft with gold, saphire, ruby, and crystal shards or something. I think it is pretty cool and hope its at least Interesting and I really don't expect to win.

CosmicConquerorSetbyZdogplayzZJ (2).png
I call this set the " Cosmic Conqueror" because it contains resemblance to all of the celestial pillars and their colors. the finished product is the character with all of the colors. above it, there is an alternate head design if you like that better. you also may notice that the border color switches from blueish to black. that is just something i thought was cool, but it doesn't have to be implemented. there is also an alternate arm design to the left. i am thinking it would be cool if it dropped from treasure bags after moonlord and from moonlord. if it is possible, i would like the center gem to be visible in the dark. when obtained, the name for each piece could be "Zdogplayz's Set" or the "Cosmic Conqueror Set". it doesn't matter to me, it would be an honor to even be in the game! anyway, that just about wraps it up. thanks so much for hosting this super cool contest, and I hope that Covid-19 has not hindered you progress towards journeys end!

Thanks,
ZJ

terraria for life! :joy::pinky::gslime::bluslime::yslime::pslime::bslime::islime::lslime::cslime::sslime::rslime::hoppinjack::kingslime::redmunch:

Attachments

• CosmicConquerorSetbyZdogplayzZJ (2).png
    CosmicConquerorSetbyZdogplayzZJ (2).png
    11 KB · Views: 100
woodland screen_show.png

Here are some notes or "behind the scenes" surrounding my design:

While designing my vanity set, I wanted to create something that isn't strongly based off a source. Something original while making it seem like something originally from Terraria.
The theme I wanted to go for was a sort of icon/urban like vanity, which I wanted to see a set like that in-game.
While designing I didn't want to make it look like armor, or something bulky. And I don't want to make the set look bland enough that it looks like it came out of character creation.

I also designed it so a piece of the set could be implemented into someone's own vanity set. Like a morning, out of bed dress using the leggings which are shorts and slippers, or if someone wants a hoodie on their character, or a cool looking helmet with a face. (Like how people are using the slime mask)
I want the set to have many uses, and the ability to be used with any other custom vanity a player can cook up.

A nice little fact about the design. The helmet is based off the DJ helmets of Deadmau5, Marshmello, and especially Barely Alive, and I've always wanted something like a DJ helmet that in-game. It's also based off a video I saw online of a person placing TVs on people's front doors while wearing a TV on his head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom