tModLoader Chroma's SK content mod

Chroma-Equinox

Terrarian
icon (3).png

New Piskel (1).png

This is a little content mod made by myself. It is largely based off the game Spiral Knights, an MMO I used to play years ago.
This mod adds an assortment of weapons - mostly bombs, swords and blasters.
It also adds a few new enemies to the earlygame and a couple of melee armour sets.
NEW feature - Battle sprites!
Proto Gear - Earlygame gear that, once you equip the protocrest, gains a special ability when at full hp.
protogoods.png

One of the various enemies you'll encounter, the Psycho Swordsman Zombie.
pswordzomb.gif

Blasters - Low range compared to normal guns, but they pierce once, making them more powerful in caves and up close than most other guns.
ygfiofify.png

Some of the mods equipment in action. Take the proto sword for example, a sword which grows in might as the wielders defence increases (yellow rectangle was just hitbox testing).
swordie.gif

btbb.png

Salt extracted from sea water and salty gear - useful earlygame for taking out pesky slimes and eyes:
ifiog.png

Some things SK players will recognise:
cgvnvfgn.png

hphpih.png

Annotation 2020-03-28 151426.png
Annotation 2020-03-28 152519.png
Annotation 2020-03-28 152638.png

pulsarproj9.gif

jlgbolgopg.png

And theres much more to discover in the mod, especially the many bombs!
Beta 0.3.2.2
- Maskeraith pet can be obtained in crimson worlds too (should have been all along - whoops).
- Leather recipe added for vertebrae.
- Slightly buffed protobomb. It was a little underwhelming.
- Protocrest drop chance increased as, if you were to get it too much later it would almost be pointless to have.
- Protoshiled can now be melted down into odd scrap metal just like the other proto gear.

Beta 0.3.2.1
- Fixed some typos.
- Removed corrupt/hallowed pedestal condition for Grand Faust/Divine Avenger recipes. It only led to confusion.
- Buffed Silversix and Blackhawk.
- Lowered pulsar line sounds volume, sounds now play in multiplayer.
- Other small things I forgot to write down.

Beta 0.3.2
- Added Silversix and Blackhawk, available at the start of hardmode.
silversix.png
blackhawk.png

- Resprited Argent Peacemaker and Sentenza. Made them post-mechs.
argentpeacemaker.png
sentenza.png

- Slight sprite adjustments.
- Currently doing a playthrough with the mod so lots of rebalancing. Lots of little bits and bobs. Mostly nerfs.
- To make the Maskeraith Battle Sprite more useful and to keep it relevant throughout the whole game, made it inflic venom in hardmode instead of poison, also when ability is active the player will ignore knockback and only take half damage.
- Fixed Corrupt/Crimson Salt Shard bombs' debuff. I broke it in the last update unknowingly.
- Proto weapons can be melted down for 3 Odd Scrap Metal each but they also require 6 each to craft now.
- Sniped Stranger Hat has got its Night Vision buff back.
- Probably other stuff that I forgot to write down.

Beta 0.3.1
- Added Pulsar, Gigawatt Pulsar and Polaris. Talk to the Mechanic about it!
- Made Seraphynx pet spawner rarer.
- More rebalancing.

Beta 0.3.0.1
- Added "buff" icons for each battle sprite.
- Slightly changed some sprites+dusts.

Beta 0.3.0
- New feature - Battle sprites, little buddies to help you on your quest! 3 added so far, more to come in future updates.
- Added Leviathan Blade and Lionheart Honor Blade. Functionally the same, Lionheart Honor Blade has a slighty higher crit rate and is a rare drop only.
- Added Sealed Sword, an ingredient in the crafting of the Divine Avenger and Grand Faust.
- The text to signal that The Snarbolax is on the hunt now only appears once, just like it should.
- Fixed a bug with the Nightmare Mane breaking nearly every other wall placed item in the game (whoopsie!).
- Updated some sprites.
- Both Awakened Duskblade recipes were wrong, they are now properly craftable.
- Buffs and nerfs, rebalancing.

Beta 0.2.1
- Darkened Snarbolax Armour sets' sprite borders. Looked messy and wishy-washy.
- Nerfed Protosword top-end damage. From 26 defence (when it always shoots a beam, protocrest equipped or not), it gains 1 damage per 4 defence rather than 1dmg/2def. It's meant to be used early on, not the whole game. Still very useful for taking out bosses.
- Made Barbarous Thorn Shield obtainable in hardmode. Too OP beforehand.
- Slightly buffed Super Blast Bomb.
- Made Nightmare Mane placeable!

Beta 0.2
- Increased Protosword damage slightly.
- Increased Blaster's knockback.
- Added Crimson Salt Shard Bomb.
- Added Crystal Shard Bomb.
- Cleaned up and fixed various bits of code.

Beta 0.1.35
- Tooltip changes.
- Added tooltips to various swords to indicate that they have right click functionality.
- Other tooltips changed for clarity.

Beta 0.1.34
- First release.
As this is the first public release please note it may not be well balanced.
If you experience any issues or see places for improvement in balance please let me know.
Not yet tested with other mods, so please let me know!
Please also let me know how things work (or don't) multiplayer.
Planned future content is more SK stuff and anything I feel like adding along the way.
Let me know what you think of the mod.

"How do I find content from the mod?"

You'll run into a lot of it just by playing, but here are some tips for the more obscure stuff:
- Earlygame you can bottle up salty sea water by the ocean. Evaporate it and collect the sediment at the furnace, then pass it through the Extractinator it for some goods!
- The Snarbolax can rarely be encountered at night, projectile weapons wont have much effect on it. He begins spawning once you beat a certain boss, depending on world difficulty. Don't let it become daytime before you take it out! It's more common in the outer edges of the map.
- You can find battle sprites in various locations of the map, they're far more common drops if you have the Protocrest equipped.
- The Sealed Sword can be found underground as a rare drop once you have defeated the Golem.

- Available now in the mod browser! -

Special thanks go to direwolf420 and jopojelly on the tmodloader discord server for helping me out with code:)

Last edited:
Awesome! I used to play SK a myself, so seeing a mod like this is really cool!
The sprites are really good. and all the weapons are fairly balanced from what I've tried so far.
Great job! ^-^

I should have mentioned - Most of the swords have a right click usage, usually a slower swing that shoots projectiles, give it a go! Will post an update with it in the swords tooltips soon.

-- New Update --

Beta 0.2.1
- Darkened Snarbolax Armour sets' sprite borders. Looked messy and wishy-washy.
- Nerfed Protosword top-end damage. From 26 defence (when it always shoots a beam, protocrest equipped or not), it gains 1 damage per 4 defence rather than 1dmg/2def. It's meant to be used early on, not the whole game. Still very useful for taking out bosses.
- Made Barbarous Thorn Shield obtainable in hardmode. Too OP beforehand.
- Slightly buffed Super Blast Bomb.
- Made Nightmare Mane placeable!

jlgbolgopg.png

Hi! It's really cool that you made a SK mod, I played it for years and it's nice that people remember it. I didn't yet manage to try all the weapons that you added as I'm not in hard mode (I only looked them up with recipe browser), so I can't give much feedback on that, but their sprites look really nice, and proto weapons and salt bombs are quite fun.

It would be really nice though if you added more SK themed weapons instead of other things like minecraft Diamond Sword or Duskblade (I think they hurt the "theme" of the mod, you could just reskin/rename them into something SK related). Some suggestions would be: Leviathan (very iconic), the Alchemer guns, Blitz Needle, Shivermist (and possibly other status bombs, Terraria has statuses like burning, freeze or poison after all), and possibly some Brandish/Sudaruska style swords.

Another cool feature (dunno if possible though) would be if you added a broken capsule/drop pod at the start that could maybe be mined for some of that "Odd scrap metal".

Hi! It's really cool that you made a SK mod, I played it for years and it's nice that people remember it. I didn't yet manage to try all the weapons that you added as I'm not in hard mode (I only looked them up with recipe browser), so I can't give much feedback on that, but their sprites look really nice, and proto weapons and salt bombs are quite fun.

It would be really nice though if you added more SK themed weapons instead of other things like minecraft Diamond Sword or Duskblade (I think they hurt the "theme" of the mod, you could just reskin/rename them into something SK related). Some suggestions would be: Leviathan (very iconic), the Alchemer guns, Blitz Needle, Shivermist (and possibly other status bombs, Terraria has statuses like burning, freeze or poison after all), and possibly some Brandish/Sudaruska style swords.

Another cool feature (dunno if possible though) would be if you added a broken capsule/drop pod at the start that could maybe be mined for some of that "Odd scrap metal".

Hey Prizmat, I'm really glad to hear you enjoy the mod. Thanks for the feedback. While I do love the idea of adding more stuff I'm also severely limited both in skill and time (motivation too, perhaps). SK has lots of cool weapons and armour sets but at the same time some could feel a bit boring in Terraria (Such as the Leviathan). However it would be very easy to make and put into the game so I could add that, not sure I would bother making the whole "line" though. Status bombs are also entirely possible. I found the Biohazard to be a very fun weapon and would love to add it but unfortunately I lack the skill to know how to code that.

Drop pod thing is possible yes but I am yet to learn how to make things generate on worldgen. I have however (see below):

It was updated?! :eek:

Due to above mentioned things, not actually added anything, however I have made the enemies slightly more common and lowered material requirements for the proto gear. You should be able to get all the proto stuff within the first 3-5 in-game days now, used to take 3 days to get enough materials for just one piece of equipment.

Seeing as you two are the first to post tell me - if you could have any one thing from SK, what would yo like to see added? Maybe I'll get round to adding them one day (no promises 😂).

if you could have any one thing from SK, what would yo like to see added? Maybe I'll get round to adding them one day (no promises 😂).

You've unleashed hell upon yourself, and it's great. :dryadhappy:

Jokes aside, I have a good idea to start off. What about Battle Sprites? Considering that the probe pet in Thorium can shoot, it can definitely be programmed in that way. If not, you could always make them as summons, (again, Thorium has that acorn as an example, you can only summon one of them and they don't take a slot because of the coding). I'm sure if you asked, they wouldn't mind helping you with the code for something like that!

A thing I'd like to try personally is doing some of these
Accessories as vanity. If you want to ask me to try and sprite something then I could, a better way to talk to me is probably Discord, since I'm more active on there. Lostglaceon#1802

Beta 0.3.2
- Added Silversix and Blackhawk, available at the start of hardmode.
silversix.png
blackhawk.png

- Resprited Argent Peacemaker and Sentenza. Made them post-mechs.
argentpeacemaker.png

sentenza.png

- Slight sprite adjustments.
- Currently doing a playthrough with the mod so lots of rebalancing. Lots of little bits and bobs. Mostly nerfs.
- To make the Maskeraith Battle Sprite more useful and to keep it relevant throughout the whole game, made it inflic venom in hardmode instead of poison, also when ability is active the player will ignore knockback and only take half damage.
- Fixed Corrupt/Crimson Salt Shard bombs' debuff. I broke it in the last update unknowingly.
- Proto weapons can be melted down for 3 Odd Scrap Metal each but they also require 6 each to craft now.
- Sniped Stranger Hat has got its Night Vision buff back.
- Probably other stuff that I forgot to write down.

i din't thought someone would make a SK mod for this game, you have done an amazing work so far, it's very appreciated and i love it as a old SK fan (tho i admit i din't managed to invest too much on it :c )
it would be nice seeing this mod grow, i hope you the best!

i din't thought someone would make a SK mod for this game, you have done an amazing work so far, it's very appreciated and i love it as a old SK fan (tho i admit i din't managed to invest too much on it :c )
it would be nice seeing this mod grow, i hope you the best!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the mod.

How do i find a hallowed or corrupt pedistal?
I have just updated the mod, it is no longer necessary so don't worry!

Beta 0.3.2.1
- Fixed some typos.
- Removed corrupt/hallowed pedestal condition for Grand Faust/Divine Avenger recipes. It only led to confusion.
- Buffed Silversix and Blackhawk.
- Lowered pulsar line sounds volume, sounds now play in multiplayer.
- Other small things I forgot to write down.

Beta 0.3.2.2
- Maskeraith pet can be obtained in crimson worlds too (should have been all along - whoops).
- Protocrest drop chance increased as, if you were to get it too much later it would almost be pointless to have.
- Protoshiled can now be melted down into odd scrap metal just like the other proto gear.

Beta 0.3.2.2
Well, certainly been a while since the last update, eh? Good to see another patch after so long! :dryadhappy:

cool mod! I love all the sprites and effort put into the mod. As an SK fan i really appreciate finding other fan works. Are there any plans on continuing the mod or is the mod dead for good?
I'm currently working on my own Spiral Knights Terraria mod
It doesn't have much yet but I'm planning on adding all the weapons and armor from SK eventualy
NewGunReloadPreview.gif

Back
Top Bottom