You've got the Touch, You've got the Power! Controller & Customization Update hits Mobile Terraria Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game does not open after the update, before updating it went correctly. I have a Xiaomi MI A2 Lite and bought the game from the Play Store.

Using gamepad or no?
I have one, but I did not connect it, I just opened the application and it did not start, it stayed on the black screen, therefore I could not connect my gamepad (my gamepad is a TechZone model ZT18BTC01) I have Android 9 on my device

I have one, but I did not connect it, I just opened the application and it did not start, it stayed on the black screen, therefore I could not connect my gamepad (my gamepad is a TechZone model ZT18BTC01) I have Android 9 on my device

Do me a favor and toggle Bluetooth off and try again.

The new UI is really cool to use, I wanted to toy around with it by trying to modify my controls, checking all of the new options, checking the new World creation interface, and stuff. But I noticed something...

You can't choose anymore between the Corruption or the Crimson at the creation of a new world. Is that a bug or something ?

Screenshot_20200406-203736.png

In case you're wondering, I already have a Hardmode world, and even so, I was able to chose between Corruption and Crimson when I wanted to create a new world, before the update. Maybe something went wrong ?
I still tried to create a new world (named sobrely "pohooo"), and it never let me choose between the Corruption or the Crimson, it just picked Corruption.

Screenshot_20200406-203751.png

If it can help, my phone is a Motorola G4, running Android 7.0.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Loki, publicación: 1931936, miembro: 7"]
¿Apagaste completamente el bluetooth?
[/CITAR]
Yes

You can't choose anymore between the Corruption or the Crimson at the creation of a new world. Is that a bug or something ?

This is a 1.3.2 feature, it has not ever been available on Mobile.... not yet at least.

This is a 1.3.2 feature, it has not ever been available on Mobile.... not yet at least.

Really ? That's strange, I remember being able to choose before the update...

Eh, I'm probably mistaking with the PC version, haha :p

I have a Flydigy Wee 2T, using it on a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s. Same problem: freezing screen when I connect my controller. It works fine on other games. Please don't just blacklist controllers or only support a few brands or models, it would be like going back to the old Terraria mobile that only supported Moga controllers. Using the touch screen is such a mess.

Phase One of the unsupported gamepad fix for Android will hit soon.

This will remove the crash, but you will *NOT* be able to use unsupported gamepads at this time.

Phase two will be a bit longer, because it requires UI work for a frontend setup process. End April at the latest on that is the plan... but sooner the better.

Again, this does not impact iOS.

my DS4 Wireless Controller isn't working well with my phone. my phone lacks a key layout file for the USB VID/PID so it uses Generic.kl as fallback

the analog triggers are seen as right stick and right stick is not detected. buttons are all different.

Code:
# elron Gamepad tester
# Device name: Wireless Controller
# Device id  : Vendor_054c_Product_09cc

# key <scancode> <action_button>  #observation
key 304 BUTTON_A                   #Square
key 305 BUTTON_B                   #Cross
key 306 BUTTON_C                   #Circle
key 307 BUTTON_X                   #Triangle
key 308 BUTTON_Y                   #L1
key 309 BUTTON_Z                   #R1
key 310 BUTTON_L1                  #L2
key 311 BUTTON_R1                  #R2
key 312 BUTTON_L2                  #Share
key 313 BUTTON_R2                  #Options
key 314 BUTTON_SELECT              #L3
key 315 BUTTON_START               #R3
key 316 BUTTON_MODE                #PS
key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL              #Touch Button/click

# axis <scancode> <axis_name>   #observation
axis 0x00 X                        # Left Stick   (-1 left,     +1 right)
axis 0x01 Y                        # Left Stick   (-1 up,       +1 down)
axis 0x0b Z                        # Right Stick  (-1 left,     +1 right)
axis 0x0c RX                       # L2           (-1 released, +1 pressed)
axis 0x0d RY                       # R2           (-1 released, +1 pressed)
axis 0x0e RZ                       # Right Stick  (-1 up,       +1 down)
axis 0x0f HAT_X                    # DPad         (-1 left,     +1 right)
axis 0x10 HAT_Y                    # DPad         (-1 up,       +1 down)

# keyboard
# key <scancode> <action_button>
Code:
#  Unity Android Controller Logger

joystick 1 button 0  #Square
joystick 1 button 1  #Cross
joystick 1 button 2  #Triangle
joystick 1 button 3  #L1
joystick 1 button 4  #L2
joystick 1 button 5  #R2
joystick 1 button 6  #Share
joystick 1 button 7  #Options
joystick 1 button 8  #Touch Button/click
joystick 1 button 9 
joystick 1 button 10 #R3
joystick 1 button 11 #L3
joystick 1 button 12 #PS
joystick 1 button 13 #Circle
joystick 1 button 14 #R1

Axis 1 # Left Stick   (-1 left,     +1 right)
Axis 2 # Left Stick   (-1 up,       +1 down)
Axis 3 # L2           (-1 released, +1 pressed)
Axis 4 # R2           (-1 released, +1 pressed)
Axis 5 # DPad         (-1 left,     +1 right)
Axis 6 # DPad         (-1 up,       +1 down)

Axis ??? # Right Stick  (-1 left,     +1 right)
Axis ??? # Right Stick  (-1 up,       +1 down)
with a couple of gamepad test apps, I pressed every button and axis then wrote down the buttons that correspond to button codes

I wish I could create the correct key layout file and put it on my phone but it seems I can't do that without root.

Somebody says that they can't get to launch the game. The same goes for me. I own a legal version of the game from Play Store and I had no issues prior to the update, however, I can't seem to launch the game now.

I get the Terraria logo, DR Studios logo etc. as ususal, and I get a black screen right after that.

I own an Android 9 phone with 3gb ram and Snapdragon 435. I do have enough storage as well. (Edit: Shortly, I use a General Mobile GM8, it's a local brand of mine, don't know if you know about it)

Hope you can fix this issue as soon as possible - I'm really excited about the update :)

Edit 2: In case you are wondering, I didn't use a gamepad, neither did I have Bluetooth on.

Last edited:
Is it a Redmi? Known issue, DR exploring

Are you using a gamepad if not? If you are, see the OP note and await fix one for now....

Curious - is the update actually out yet? The Play Store keeps telling me it's 1.3.0.7.7 (no controller support), and won't update. Note that I bought the full game back when it was an IAP and not a seperate app, so it appears as "Terraria Trial" on the Play Store despite being the full version.

I assume you just forgot to update the legacy version or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom