Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria Submission.PNG
Terraria Submission 2.PNG

Here goes nothin'!

Edit: Should've included this in the image, but it'd be neat if the eyes and markings on the pauldrons glow in the dark. That's all. Also enjoy the supplementary extra stuff.

Last edited:
This armor has the power of the celestial fragments, being able to make you more powerful in all aspects, melee, magic, ranged, summoner. One of his bonuses would be to be ignored by all creatures of the celestial pillars, also having great part of the bonuses of the other lunar armors.
TheLastArmor.png

Last edited:
Vanity.png

This is my entry to the competition.
The idea is that the vanity colour and shape change when entering a different biome.
I have designed a few ideas for some of the biomes above. I also think some of the colours could be animated like the Hallowed skin could act as the living rainbow skin.
The reason why I design these sprites like this is that I made them look like there allocated biome or themed like the biome.
I also want to thank Chippy Gaming for showing a video about this contest because I think it allowed me to be a bit more creative and gave a good fun hobby to pass the time.
I am really excited to see who wins and I wish good luck to all the entries.

Last edited:
Here is my brother's Sensei Costume set design. Parts of this costume include:
Sensei Mask
Sensei Gi
Sensei Pants

It has a vanity sword and belt attached to the costume. It has torn robes from lots of fighting.
Hope you like the costume!

Attachments

• Sensei Costume.jpg
    Sensei Costume.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 113
You have some princess outfits, but you dont have an "oldschool" knight outfit. So I made one: He wears a dark helmet that has a feather on top. His torso consists of a chain armor (on the arms) and a fabric shirt. The shirt should cover part of the legs.

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity Knight.png
    Terraria Vanity Knight.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 131
terrariacontest01.png

My entry to the contest. So basically it's a what if the player took the Lunatic Cultist's place, but kept on protecting the Terraria world while being part of Cthulhu's cult (Managing to somehow convince the Moon Lord to stop trying to destroy/eat/assimilate/do nasty things to the world). I guess I like cultists (Look at my username...)

Some more info:

The scales shimmer in the dark, occasionally.

There could be a particle effect? I would like there to be some kind of magical symbol particle emanating from it.

My idea for crafting it: One of every Bar + Lunatic Cultist Mask for the mask/ One of every bar + 20 silk for the torso and one of every bar for the legs.

This is only the female version. Male would be moreless the same thing, full trousers instead of knee-length boots.

The forehead crystal is the same stuff the Terra Blade is made out of. (Not sure if that could show on the sprite tho.)

Sorry if the drawing of the head is messy, I only started Krita recently... 😅

Also... Everybody gangsta until the Mage starts double-wielding Nebula Arcanum and Last Prism (I added my two favorite weapons for fun, they of course have nothing to do with the vanity item itself.)
failed sprite.png
:confused: Also, jere is a mock-up of what a spriteof it could look like. This is literally THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I sprite something. Pls don't judge me...

Last edited:
So I want this Vanity in the game: a shadow lihzahrd. It's because I had a black lizard folk dnd character, and lihzahrds is already a thing in this game, so why not add little to it? so my idea is that lihzahrds have a moderate chance of dropping a black scale, and of those scales and one or two leather, you can make this set.
Here is some noob-level pixel art to to show show what I want
1586262598088.png

Anxious about submitting so late... but hey, ya gotta try, right?
Anyways, here's my entry

sheet.png

I call it Frost Shot

I just got to Hardmode recently and I was inspired by all the new materials available, especially the new ice blocks
And I've always been quite fascinated by the Inuit patterns, so I decided to make a simple design out of that

About vanity set :
  • Consist of a mask, an Eskimo outfit
  • Mask is mainly a fusion of Antlion and Basilisk
  • Gold belt with ice for buckle
  • Inuit outfit with simple patterns

Everyone else did so amazing as well~~~~
It is super cool that people are being hella creative with all the designs
Good luck to everyone!!

Terraria meant the world to us so how else could we present the Solis Set! Consisting of the Cloud Leggings, The Solar Core Chest piece and the Ascension Crown, The signature feature of the set is the planetary Necklace which comes with the full set ( Or chest piece ). (A Little Bit Of Lore :D )The Solis set rightfully belongs to the lord of the solar system who keeps the planets in balance. Being a godly status, he can manipulate gravity to allow him to float. There are many rumours that the core of the sun is actually him as his chest piece is claimed by him to be the centre of the sun itself. His Ascension Crown is also rumoured to be made of the crown nebula and grants him omnipotence.

Attachments

• LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-1.png.png
    LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-1.png.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 103
  • LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-2.png.png
    LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-2.png.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 128
  • LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-3.png.png
    LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-3.png.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 101
  • LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-4.png.png
    LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-4.png.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 108
  • LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-5.png.png
    LORD OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM clone-5.png.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 98
Przechwytywanie.PNG
This is my submission.This vanity set is called the Bingwang Necromancer because bingwang is propane gas in Chinese and the character has a blue flame.(when propane burns it gives off a blue flame) Overall this is supposed to represent some kind of wizard/which-doctor with flame powers. On the right side you can see what the individual vanity peaces would look like. The hands and maybe the head give off a flame/blue light. The green are supposed to be vines which cover his body and the brown on his face is a wooden mask. For the torso I was thinking there should also be a flame effect but it was hard to get right. This is a jungle-like style so I thought it would be cool to obtain this vanity set from an ivy chest or a mob could drop it eg. the moth. I have also realized that the jungle mimic doesnt drop anything but potions so maybe that could drop the vanity set. Please consider my design, feel free to change it up.

Last edited:
I HIGHLY doubt I'll win but just saying "yo I entered the vanity contest" sounds pretty cool on its own

All of my pals know I love bugs and all things bug-like, so I whipped up this sketch of a goliath beetle set ! Low-key based on armor one of my original characters has

Attachments

• Goliath Knight Set.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
entry.jpeg

This is 'The First Explorer'
Description on each piece: 'No one knows his origins, but he looks strangely like a certain clothes seller. Chippy would be proud'
Basically this guy is the clothier, but before he was cursed by Skeletron. He was the first to venture into the dungeon and became famous throughout the lands for his adventures, but one adventure ended with TIM (NOOOO) taking him by surprise and cursing him, turning him into the NPC he is today!
Pieces: Hood with face paint (maybe the white hair could be included?), ripped tank top (idk about the gloves) and blue trousers with shoes.
This could be obtained as a drop from Skeletron, the dungeon, bought from the clothier or something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom