Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truffle set.png

So basically, I want a truffle set. Sorry for hurting your eyes with this image though...

Hello, this is my submission. It is a punk tricorn, corrupted. It is near the best I could do, but I didn't want to add too much details.
Since I know you can do this, I told myself it would be cool if, once you've crafted the full set and worn it, it would make a trail of green flames like corrupted flaming arrows/torches.
That's it for me ! Thank you for reading.

Note : Yeah the background isn't great I didn't had any idea on how would I do it.
TerrariaSuit.jpg

Des bisous from France

Last edited:
The Ore Empowered Miner Suit
Tak berjudul85_20200407212508.png
im sorry if this is as wacky as it is, it's just the only thing ive thought wouldve sounded cool and looked cool. besides that, good luck for everyone's who's participating!

I've always been a fan in Terraria of color-changing dyes and hair colors, and I wanted to make a vanity suit that has a similar property.

So, introducing...
chameleons.png

The Chameleon Set!

The Chameleon Set changes its color scheme based on what biome the player is currently in - similar to the biome hair dye, but a bit more colorful. Unlike real chameleons, the set doesn't do anything like make you disappear - although it would be fun to pair this vanity set with Shroomite Armor! I tried to design the suit with the game in mind, with a design simple enough to translate well into spriting.

Here are some sprite examples of male and female models (I'm not the best at sprite art, but I tried 😅):
chameleon gear (female).gif
chameleon gear (1).gif

The colors are Overworld (green), Desert (yellow), Snow (white and blue), Corruption (purple), Crimson (red), Hallow (pink), Jungle (green and blue), Ocean (blue), Underground (brown), Underworld (red and orange), and Space (black and white). Different dyes could lock the suit in one palette.

A potential method of acquiring it could be at a sewing machine with some cloth and a different item or block from every biome, or as a drop from a rainbow slime (to stick with the color-changing theme).

Hope you enjoy, all! Best of luck to all of the really talented people I've seen in this thread!

Last edited:
Here is my submission to the Vanity Contest. I call it the User M0R64N set. The torso is made up of a gray T-shirt, a black trench coat with neon blue accents, and black finger gloves also with neon blue accents. The legs item is made up of black pants, a neon blue belt, and knee-high steel gray boots with neon blue accents. The head item (optional) is a black helmet with a neon blue visor and neon blue lines running the length of the helmet. All the neon blue accents and lines should be glowing (not producing light in the game).
Terraria-Vanity-Contest-Submission.jpg

Last edited:
My entry is inspired by 90's magical girl anime, mainly Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon and Magic Knight Rayearth. The name "Pretty Warrior" comes from Bishoujo Senshi, which roughly translates to "Pretty Guardian/Warrior Girl". In Magic Knight Rayearth, the main characters are schoolgirls that have been transported into a Sword and Sorcery-esc world, and I thought that would be really fun in Terraria.
Now I wonder, in all of Terraria, why there's only 2 short skirts? That's Nurse Pants, and Yoraiz0r's Skirt. There's all manner of chest windows in armor sets, but nothing says *fierce* like the improved mobility a short skirt provides. That's part of my motivation here, the other half being I'm super into magical girls, and they're seriously coming back into style.
The headpiece can be a normal hair extension, but I wanted it to match the hair of the player character like the Familiar Wig. This vanity set makes sense to come from hollow monsters or materials.
None of the colors I chose have special meaning. Even the Sailor Seifuku (school uniform) can be seen in many anime with many different colors. I also just chose to have her holding the knight's Edge because I personally love that sword, and wanted to illustrate how cool she is. Magical girls are also best suited with wacky animal companions, just like Terraria characters!
Also, this is the first piece of digital art I've ever finished. I tried really hard on this but I'm not great.
Journey's End Bishoujo Terrarian.png

Last edited:
TEAorange.png
TeaGreen.png
TEAPink.png
TEABlue.png

Original [For Entry Selection]:
Name: Ocha
Inspiration: I just saw a fancy tea set in a book. [Har Har] That and I wanted more robot items to be in the game, so here's my attempt.
TEAorange.png

Project T.E.A. [Terrain Explorer Automata] or "Ocha"
Japanese: Ocha [お茶] means "Tea"
Description:
Aside from soaring through the cosmos and thrashing robot baddies, this robot makes SUPERB tea. I wonder where it learned to do that...

Costume Set [Ocha's Set]:
-Ocha's Helmet
TEAHelmet.png

-Ocha's Suit
TeaSuit.png

Initial Concept Art:
1586281588449.png

1586281600412.png

1586281629914.png

Full Size Pixel Art:
1586282527079.png

Project Notes:
- The Helmet was inspired by a bat (Chiroptera)
- There's nothing too unique about the suit; the design choice was meant to give them a lanky appearance.
- In my opinion, their ensemble would be spicy with the addition of solar or flame wings.

Doing this was a fun little challenge. I do find it difficult to create low-res sprites so I think I got some good XP on this exercise, albeit not perfect. I hope my entry is selected, however I would still be satisfied that I worked on this project regardless. Thank you for taking the time to view this post and have a good day!

Last edited:
Ok so my design is called the Moss wolf. It’s based on the new mosses (and the fire moss) on the journeys end trailer. Maybe it could be crafted from them? I don’t know how much I have to say on how it’s implemented into the game. But yea, it’s pretty simple, brown wolf, glowing moss, and some more foliage that has taken hold on his body (the vines and wood legs). The pixel art at the bottom was just a test, I think it might be more detailed than that, (especially with the great artists on the terraria dev team) Hope I can win!:)
6CEBC9E4-533D-4C72-BFFC-F1D002E1744A.jpeg
06D03282-2287-494D-BD70-BEC86A402F82.jpeg

At last, I am ready.
Crim's Armor-1.png.png

This is the True Crimson vanity set. It is obtained by killing an Ichor Sticker in the Underground Crimson with a Fiery Greatsword while the moon is full. Being a vanity, it has no special effects except a short golden light trail from the eye, similar to that of Yoraiz0r's Spell.

These are the True Crimson Hood, the True Crimson Cloak, and the True Crimson Robes, respectively.
Crim's Armor Inventory.png

In action:
Crim's Armor.gif

Enjoy!

Sprite by me, concept by me, method of obtaining by me and @Penumbral Gaming .

Sure, defeating the Moon Lord is cool. But do you know what's even more cool? Defeating the moon lord in a dashing out-of-this-dimension outfit, of course!
We present to you: The Voidwalker's Battlerobes. Traverse the infinite void in style!

Studies have shown that wearing The Voidwalker's Battlerobes make you look 200% more badass. Indeed; These robes are the first pick of any illusive gentleman (or lady, if you will) that strives to maintain balance in the world. Woven from the finest fabrics available in the time before time.

Now available in sizes XS - Cthulhu sized.

Note: We are not responsible for any unintended time/dimensional shifts. Wear at your own risk.

In-game concept:

1: Full set
2: Without hood
3: Boots only
4: Robes only
5: Hood only
6: Aura visual effect (set complete)

terrariavanity.png

Handdrawn concept (excuse my lacking drawing skills):

voidconcept.png

Attachments

• terrariavanity.png
    terrariavanity.png
    28 KB · Views: 175
lightwave.gif

The Last Prism has always been my favorite weapon from the game, so I thought that it would be cool to make a matching outfit for it. It only makes sense that there would be some kind of color changing/rainbow gimmick to it, given the prism theme.

I'm not sure if fundamentally altering the way that dyes work for one vanity set is against the rules or not, but if it is then there could be a different way of changing the set's colors. Using dyes was just the first method that came to mind. Good luck to everyone participating!

Above Hell Suit: 4 arms, primary color is lava type (orange/yellow/red). The little dots are fire particles. Extremely long nails on toes. The tail color is the same as the body (lava). The cracks leaks darker lava from it.

Attachments

• Achak.v2.jpg
    Achak.v2.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 143
Any helmet (or head) is visible. With various helmets has various visual effects. If without a helmet, then hair color. With wood only the color of wood. The miner's helmet is pierced by them and the hair color. With a fisherman's hat and hoods, the popsicle is friendlier and just lifts them up. With cactus armor acquires a green color and is dotted with spikes. With copper, tin, iron, lead, silver and tungsten, it acquires the color of metal and is smoothed. With a pumpkin, it looks like sprouts, like the one on top. With the gladiator's armor, the horns bend down like a ram’s. The armor of the ninja becomes shorter, smoother and straighter, the mask changes to oni mask. With obsidian, it straightens and darkens. Gold and platinum, as previously described metal, but also with ruby. With a meteorite, the flames are blue, but sharply break off in the middle and on the chip. Bees have honeycombs and small bees with one pixel size revolve around them, and honey also flows from them. With fossil directed back and straight, the color of armor. With shadow armor it grows and blackens towards the end, also the mask covers the face. With bloody he goes to the sides and curls, at the end of the color of pink flesh. With necro armor, gray and cobwebs are covered. With jungle armor green with red feathers. With molten, they consist of stones with lava flowing from the gaps. Oh, tired of describing. I will sign the most, in my opinion, unobvious. With spider angular and six of them are top up, bottom down, side back. With forbiden, Anubis's head is replaced by Seth's head. With holy armor, instead of horns, a radiance appears around the head. With the armor of a beetle, one horn appears like that of a rhinoceros beetle. At Nebula's armor, the horns blacken and take the shape of a crescent, and they also have a purple light above the tips of the horns. With stardust they are blue in color and star sparkles are floating around them. The vortex has no horns - instead of them near the helmet, vortexes appear and disappear. With vanity helmets, I leave it at your discretion. And I'm sorry, if my English is bad - I translate through Google. Sorry for the big text.

Attachments

• Безыый.png
    Безыый.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom