Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
001.jpg

The Harbinger outfit
The Harbinger, The collector

Final image.png

Hello! This is my submission for the Terraria 1.4 Vanity Contest. This is an armour set that is based off of the Terrablade, the greatest blade in the land, except for the Meowmere, Star Wrath, Influx Waver... Whatever. It's the COOLEST weapon in all the land. The armour set is primarily made of gradients of bottle green, with hints of yellow and gold in the tips of the armour. The greaves are different however, as they are representative of the hilt of the Terrablade, made of goldfish-browns. This vanity set could be obtained whenever you kill an enemy with the Terrablade, there is a very rare chance for a piece to drop. This could be tedious for players looking for the set however, and your the experts, so don't look at me! The tooltips reference a great hero, and the Terrablade itself. Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider my vanity set as an addition to the 1.4 Journey's End update.
P.S. Super excited for the update!

Ballisticsteamgreytrim2.png

The Steampunk Bulletmancer!

depending on the type of ammo being used for any gun the viles would change color and glow to match the type of bullet being used as a way to know which are being used without opening the inventory, if you have more than one. i also chose viles because my thought is that the character uses some form of magic to turn the liquid bullets into solid bullets. But if the player only has one bullet type then you could just use dye to change them as well as the rest of the brown bits. As bullets run out the viles slowly lose their color. for the headgear, I was thinking it would just spin while you walked and the eye would move side to side like a scanner, but also have the glow of the bullet type, same for the pauldren glow (I hope I spelt that right). (But of course that's all up to the big dogs)

I see some great stuff out there and I wish everyone the best of luck!

(Sorry for it being such a long read!)
Ballisticsteamidle.gif

Animated eye with glowmask and possibly luminite bullets

Ballisticsteamidlegreen.gif

Same thing but with possibly Chlorophyte bullets

Last edited:
After seeing many of the submissions, finally gathered enough courage to post my own. This is the waterfall vanity set:

Female-Terraria-Vanity.png
Male-Terraria-Vanity.png

Note: If armor that changes between male/female is not allowed, please go with the female version.
Also, here's a drawing I did of the female version (not great at drawing dudes, sorry.)

The idea about the vanity would be that when dyed, only the blue/aqua parts would change. This would make the set very versatile in terms of matching with other items/accessories. All three parts are separate, and the top part (including the extended torso) layers on top of any legs slot item (much like the Gladiator Breastplate).

Female-Terraria-Vanity-Drawing.png

Last edited:
Before I start I'm a first time poster here so sorry if I make any mistakes.

Royal Terra Armor

DESCRIPTION

HEAD

TerraCrown

A green crown with purple gems with the center one being a diamond shape.

CHEST PLATE/SHIRT

TerraChestPlate

A green chest plate with chain-mail underneath for the male and for the female has the chain-mail just around the neck.

LEGGINGS

TerraLeggings

Green Samurai-like leggings with purple gems on the knees and on the top of the shoes.

sgbpng.png

INSPIRATION

The primary inspiration was the TerraBlade from the base game. It's my favorite item in the whole game and I wish there were more like it.
I've already seen other people with similar ideas of making a TerraBlade themed armor set, so I wanted to do something a bit more unique.
There is no King/Queen set of armor/vanity set in the base game besides the Gold/Platinum crown. So, I wanted a whole set themed around it.

Final Notes

I spent a lot of time working on this. If I don't become a finalist, it's fine I was just happy to participate. I'm glad we got the whole community together for such a nice event. Especially, with what's been going on recently. And, to the Devs who will eventually read this, hope you're all doing well. Don't over work yourself and make Journey's End as great as it can be. So, feel free to take a break for a little bit. Sorry, if there are any formatting errors/inconveniences. Have a good day. :D

Title: Magma Spirit
Vanity Set Magma Spirit.jpg

Concept Idea:
Water Spirits are always cold just like their cold-blooded counterpart. To warm themselves up they clothe themselves in a warmer liquid. Magma. This nymph even went so far as to inject some of the boiling lava into her veins. However, the blistering lava scalded her and slowly she is morphing into something unheard of, a Magma Spirit.

Will she survive the transformation? Only time will tell

Features:
The skin, face and hair colour are included in the outfit. The skin colour is only shown when all three items are equipped.

The fringe off of the torso piece is included in the torso piece. Doesn't have to be fringe just thought it should be some sort of extension of the torso piece over top of the leg piece.

All yellow and orange pixels should be glowmasks so they appear in the dark. This should also occur with the red veins on the set's skin.

When there the full set isn't equipped the head piece will be a wig and the facial features will change to be the style of the Magma Spirit. With the torso and leg pieces they will be just the clothes without the blue skin colour. All three pieces will add the red glowing veins to the character which is using the pieces.

This is just a concept though so I'm very open to suggestions :)

Inspiration:
1586398381123.png
PHOTOGRAPH BY BUDKOV DENIS
Image found on the
National Geographic Society website. (Link included)

The colours of the torso piece, facial features and hair were all designed to look like the previous picture. However, I am not a great artist so I thought I would bring the image in for help to see the concept idea.

The leg piece of the Magma Spirit vanity set was designed to look like obsidian or another type of volcanic rock/glass, however once again I am not a great artist so please use your imaginations when viewing the concept drawing.

This took me about 5 to 8 hours to make. I know im not the best pixel artist (or artist in general) but I really hope I see something space themed (besides meteor armor and vortex armor)

Attachments

• Celestianaut.png
    Celestianaut.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 97
This is my design i made called "The icon" it is a way to pay homage and tribute to the icon of terraria that has been here from the start to the end, the terraria tree is seen from the desktop icon to one of the first things you see in the game it has been the icon and face of terraria for a long time and this design pays tribute to that. I only really like the concept so if you dont like my design or see flaws in it (i personally think i didnt do a very good job but you be the judge) feel free to alter it or re-design it, truly i just want to see the concept in the game :) ( im not sure if you guys have already decided on methods to get these vanity items or not but if you havent i think it would be cool for this vanity set to be crafted from living wood and leaf blocks.
terraria vanity 1.PNG
Terraria vanity 2.PNG
Terraria vanity 3.PNG
Terraria Tree sprite (4).png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3 KB · Views: 95
This set is called "Etherian Uniform"
I've been writing a book about a race of Humanoid aliens who go around saving the universe from evil.
The Chest piece is mixed with a leather duster and trench coat. On the arms are bands that represent the rank of the wearer. The chest piece is supposed to flow over the leg pieces and move when jumping or falling. Much like the lab coat style when making a character.
The headpiece is a hood that displays part of the character's hair.

If allowed the eye is supposed to act much like Yoraiz0rs Spell. The eye color represents the color of the "flame" it does not give off light but just a little effect.
I really wish I could give a better picture of this( the white space is not supposed to be there, it was me messing up in the pixel art maker, sorry)
Would mean the world to me if this won, as Terraria practically took up my childhood. I've spent over 1450+ hours and enjoyed every one of them.
Etherian Cloak.png

Thank you for the opportunity to do this.

The Souper Chicken Vanity Set! (Souper Chicken Head, Souper Chicken Torso, Souper Chicken Legs)

This is my first time properly making a sprite. I've loved Terraria for about 8 years now and I thought I'd at least give it a try and enter. Thank you Re-Logic for making the best game ever.

Also if this somehow does get in the game I don't mind if it's slightly tweaked or changed to look a bit better.
Souper Chicken Vanity 200x300.png

Terraria Submition.png

This is my entree. I call it the Droogen Set. Flavor text: "I am dragon"
The wings would work like the spider legs on the back of the spider armor. The "wings" from the chest piece appear over the wings worn in the accessory slot until the character has taken flight, then the wings from the set would disappear, and the accessory wings would fly like normal.
Capture 2020-04-09 01_37_23.png
Capture 2020-04-09 01_37_30.png
If having the wings is not possible, I do not mind them being removed.
Had fun making this with a friend. I wish everyone entering good luck.
Thanks for making such a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom