Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my entry called the Forest Hatter, A sort of mix of dapper fashion and earthly colors this set I imagine would be crafted with vines gene dye and similar materials. I think it also would be nifty if it kicked up a leaf particle effect when moving.
terraria entry.png

1586410907398.png

Not exactly sure how much work it would be to implement this into the game but since this is the final update of the game i thought what would be the best vanity set to get in? All of them! My initial design is fairly simple and and grey, which is what i like about it, but lacks much uniqueness. I would expect this feature to be a late game feature possibly available through the clothier and would call it "(player name)'s Set". If this concept is not a possiblity i'll just submit it as the design i used in the idea, calling it the "Enigmatic Set"

HEY!!

This is my creation for the contest, Shadow Metalcore armour.

I did create a character named Risk Matalcore, i love creating characters for my own and here is him, it is an armor made of shadow steel and power crystals.
I did the pixelart specifically to give you an idea of how it could be, since I have never made drawings like this.

Description of the parts of the armor:
The helmet covers the entire head, it has a large polarized glass in front and a small one in the forehead, 3 horns on each side: in front (wavy back), in the middle (just behind the one in front, it ripples back ) and to the back sides (a little short). And little spikes at the behind.

The torso contains silver (light gray) under the neck and on the sides, and crystal (yellow) in the middle of the chest on the silver. He haves a red bracelet.

The legs would be from the belt that contains another yellow crystal and something similar to a "skirt" that does not completely cover the front and knee pads.

If the armor could have the effect of meteorite armor but instead of fire particles were purple as shadow, it would look better.

Risk Terraria Req.png

-AlexisG92 -TailsDoll92 on Steam.

Terraria competition.png

I don't have a name for this vanity set, I'm not expecting to win anything with this vanity set. Well, this is the first-pixel art I've ever drown, Honestly, I had lots of fun while making this I hope you enjoy this artwork as well. P.S If you are wondering why the sketch doesn't have a detailed face and hair it's because I'm too lazy

Wisp in a vessel
Whisp_In_A_Vessel_GIFFullArmor.gif
Whisp_In_A_Vessel.png
Editors note: I spent a hefty amount of time thinking for the story this vanity could have, and drawing some art for him, i hope this gets even the slightest bit of attention from the devs! Now then now that thats out of the way,, let me begin...

Once upon a time in the ancient lands of terraria, there was a wandering spirit of light. Over the years he helped numerous lost adventurers find their way, and get back on track, he was considered a symbol of hope by the people...
But word got out and a man was consumed by greed, wanting to harness the abysmal reserves of power that the spirit held and abuse it. Thus after months of dedicating his life to researching spirit arts he found a way to crack the spirits reserves and harness its energy.
Once he locked the wisp in a bottle, he performed a pact to unleash its power and infuse it into a red metal suit, what he did not now is the price he had to pay for completing the pact. And so the greedy mans life has come to an end. The suit, his legacy was left to rot in his old basement.

unnamed.png

Tooltips

Helmet- It holds unparalleled wisdom

Breastplate- It feels light but hard as luminite

legs- They make running a walk in the park

I hope this wasn't too cringy, i really tried my best

Now if i win its probably a futile attempt though :( for the design itself, the i would feel better if the devs Just take it and do whatever they want to it, i trust that they can do a much better job than me, one thing that i as though, is if possible giving the wisp a dim glow, not so it emits light! (i read the rules) so pls make it a dim glow

I used the same color scheme as the Terrarian for the base and went for a somewhat simple look since I like dyeing a lot haha. I tend to not use hats in terraria (usually the familiar wig in vanity) and I didn't quite find a hat look that I liked, but any addition is welcome :). I thought it would a cool idea if the set gave you an additional yo-yo (stacking with the yoyo bag). With that, it would be a (at minimum) post-plantera since yo-yos are op.

Thanks if anyone read this! Good luck everyone!

Edit: I thought of a mask design that I thought would be cool; Small particles similar to the orbs emitted by the Terrarian that leave a trail behind the wearer's eyes (similar to Yoraiz0r's Spell, but with the Terrarian projectiles). Sorry, since this was last minute, I didn't have enough time to animate a sample of this how I envisioned it, but, if this design wins, I'd be willing to recreate this idea. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Terrarian Armor (yo-yo master) 170x260.png
    Terrarian Armor (yo-yo master) 170x260.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Aqua_Armor.jpg

I call it "Aqua Armor" I'm bad at online design, so of course it could have cool wavy effects. (I used a template). I mostly submitted to give others ideas, because I know I won't win. Here's a list of my ideas.
-Wavy effects
-Water drips on ground if attacked and hit
-maybe water sloshing audio when moving
-Helmet has some sort of water flame (Johnney Test hair but laid back)
-Armor is made of water
Well, thanks for viewing my submission love terraria, have it on many platforms and with over 1000 hours playtime combined. Keep releasing these awesome updates and including the community in this beautiful masterpiece. @Terraria @RE-Logic

This is the "Cat Crazy" Vanity set. This set was inspired my my own cat who cant go a day without riding on my shoulders. It features the plaid over shirt (for protection against the c l a w s), torn up jeans (caused by claws), and of course, the cat who OWNS the claws! took me way too long to think of something but I finally got it!

Attachments

• quhkkp3jnqr41.jpg
    quhkkp3jnqr41.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 77
I couldn't decide what to draw for almost a month.

After a little while of debating whether or not I wanted this or that, and doing too much research to get grip of what I wanted, and also scrapping 3 .SAI documents, about April 3rd I finally had began drawing. However, it wasn't until yesterday and today I actually got an idea of what I wanted to draw.

The concept is basic-- I combined techwear with stealth and acrobatic prowess in mind. I imagine the guy right below as some sort of vigilante, hence why the horned mask (I got into Doom recently) and gloves. I decided to use navy and orange as my two primary colors mainly out of simple appreciation for the neat contrast they have.

My other idea was to create a vanity set able to be divided into three pieces and that each could be combined with others, given the fanbase likes mixmatching vanity items for more unique results. I noticed that the game has a severe lack in casual clothing and horned gear, so I put two and two together, and this is what spawned. I remember playing the game for quite awhile with a friend to get a good feeling of the Terraria vibe, what makes its armors work, you get the drill.

TCF Entry.png

I wish everyone else good luck!

Hello! This is my armor design, named (Azure) Crypt Armor. Once holy paladin armor, but now corrupted from the Dungeon. Messed around with effects, and added some optional ghost-like spooky fire. (I'm not all great at flame animations so bear with me)

It is full ironclad armor wrapped in old but still golden bandages, with large pauldrons, and a corrupted pendant cross on the chest. The top part of the helm is open revealing a skeleton face with a ghostly appearance, but this can be interperated in many ways depending on the person (such as the face being an iron mask of sorts), which is the idea honestly. A small amount of bandages drag across the floor behind the feet as well. This is a vanity set, so no actual effects/bonuses of course, but I did think the glowing eyes, and ghostly fire were a nice touch. Maybe they occur when enemies are near or something? Design was made to look different from other Terraria armor designs, big and bulky, heavy plated behemoth-like armor.

Crypt Armor.v3.jpg
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Made in Piskel, using a preset Terraria body preset that I added onto to get body shape correct, so I hope pixels by width & height is done correctly.

Thanks for reading.
Journey's End is near! Woop Woop!

Hello. I present to all terrarians my vanity set : Dragon Breaker. helmets that looked like dragons head or lions head had always been my favourite. so i tried to make it look like one for the set. i couldn't quite capture the shape. hope you all have a good day.
Dragon Breaker.jpg

Likes to ride a horse... A Cowboy. If only there was a horse mount in the game😀
Perfect duo for the sand biome. Also the guns in the game already can really work with it.

I drew this so it might be bad

Attachments

• 15864213759141485561652.jpg
    15864213759141485561652.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
IMG-2769.jpg

This Is my Submission.
It's a Warhammer 40k Tech Priest, complete with Servo-Skull, Robo-Arms, and cyborg bits!
If you don't know what it is, look it up.
Suggested obtainment method: you buy it from the steampunker post-golem. It should be relatively expensive.
Feel Free To Change His Name, or Colours, but red is the traditional colour!

From mr_tuxedo44, Staveley, NZ
[email protected]

Fallen Angel Set:

terraria character contest.png

Horned Halo : Head (horns + broken halo + pointy ears + glowing eyes)

Fallen Angel Cloak : Chest (chestplate + feather cloak + shoulder pads + gloves)

Fallen Angel Leggings : Legs (tights + feathers under chestplate + shoes)

Good luck to everyone entering the contest! I can't wait to see what amazing designs will make it into the game! :D

GIF_FINAL.gif

SOUL BEARER

GIF Light Blue.gif

FLIGHT ____________ NIGHT ___________ FRIGHT ___________ MIGHT ___________ SIGHT ____________ LIGHT

SOUL SET.png

DESCRIPTION

Aimed to resemble a champion who has conquered the souls of Terraria
Themed as an assassin
Themed as an embodiment of the six souls
Glows through cracks in armour and rips in pants

SPRITE WORK AND EFFECTS

Skin glows the style of each soul type
Miniature souls whirl along player's skin

The colours could change depending on the state of the character. This might be:
Soul of Might: While in combat
Soul of Sight: While in darkness
Soul of Flight: While airborne
Soul of Fright: While running
Soul of Light: While idle during day
Soul of Night: While idle during night

Alternatively...
They could simply just cycle through the colours, similar to the gif

Huge credit to my good friend RickyPig10 for helping with the process and for drawing a mouth wateringly SUCCULENT illustration! 🤤
Thanks for the opportunity, this project was loads of fun!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom