Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, Re-logic!
Here is my submission to the vanity contest:

It's a Rubiks Cube you wear on your head, with colourfull matching clothes! Every time you equip the hat you get a randomized cube pattern.
The hat can of course also be painted.
This leaves room for a lot of interesting dye interactions like only painting the cube partly (and also randomly), maybe animated colour switching (living dyes), or even solving the cube!

Here is my best attempt to sprite it:

terraria vanity contest.png

I went for the name "Cubix", because I wanted to combine the words "Rubiks Cube" into 1 word, because I wasnt sure if it's trademarked, and the spelling "Cubiks" was too hard to look at.
The names, as everything else, are of course still revocable. This is just a concept.
As for why I chose a Hoodie, they are my favourite type of clothing and there is currently no Hoodie in Terraria.
All the sprites have different textures on the left and right side and the cube is also generated with a different pattern on each side.

I close with an animated gif where you can see the pattern randomization.
View attachment terraria_vanity_contest_cubix.gif

Hope you like it and I wish you all the best in these rather trying times!

Hello, here's my submission!

image3finalarcmont.png

First of all, I'd like to apologize if some of the art's a bit too untidy. I don't have a drawing tablet, so I had to draw everything with only a mouse :v
As for the pixel art, this is one of the very few I've ever done, so don't expect much either!

The set's called Dreary. Names and descriptions go as follow:

Syv varj Helmet: 'Old helmet of an odd design. Doesn't seem to match the remainder of the armor pieces'
Dreary armor: 'Worn by those who wonder'
Dreary leggings: 'Worn by those who wonder'

image1finalforrealarcmont.png

I've written some vague lore on it based on the main ideas and themes that inspired most of the concept and sketching process:

=====

Oh so dreary

"Although rare, you might've gotten a glimpse of them strolling around. For some reason, they seem to be quite fond of these parts... Well, I'd say no wonder. Folk loves them. Wouldn't be surprised if it came to be that they're more welcomed here than even us!"

"I've heard of their deeds. Offering help, killing monsters, rebuilding... Putting themselves at risk while keeping others safe. All for no price. Bit of a pixie tale ain't it?"

"Hah! well, it is hard to say if many other people would be willin' to do that. Especially with that blanket of snow out there. Heard it's been one of the coldest, most all-embracing winters in recent years! Reaching from The Leads all the way to the hills surrounding the Wood Locks!"

"From the angler kid? smug smug"

"You'd be surprised by the things the boy knows even if he's a bum. Smart one, that... But no, we keep records of those things. Go on there and see it yourself."

"No need, I can feel it. Wondering how these dreary-strolling-folk-friends can even be out there in this cold. Don't believe any kind of insulation would keep anyone out there for long, eh? Good willed or not."

"Matter of fact, their armor might not be terrible at all for a little cold. But yes, with the way it's out there... I'd say magic, no doubt."
"You see, there's this thing they carry around on their backs; all encrusted with strange gems and whatnot, wrapped in fabrics, rags, and silk. Quite the odd-looking thing."
"You've seen enough magic artifacts and devices to know how this goes. If I'm irked by it, you surely see something."

"Whatever it is, good for them, and good for all else. You know we need somebody like that out there, in the more isolated places. What they do is appreciated... Even if we know not much about them."

"Aye..."

=====

Sketches:

image2finalarcmont.png

The design itself has a few too many small details, so I tried to come up with ways to hide some elements in the pixel art so that the sprite doesn't look too crowded. Seems that the belts, strings and at least some of the spikes might have to be removed to achieve better harmony. That and it probably won't be possible to include the scripture storage included in the design. Also, the head submission is the metal helmet with color-custom hair, not the hood.
Well, that's it then. I had a lot of fun designing these things, so thanks a lot for the opportunity!

terraria vanity submission.png

So obviously I am no artist but this should get the point across - I'm a huge fan of fun colorful outfits and old 90's type tacky styles so my submission is the 90's vanity set! Features a shirt with the old waxy purple and turquoise cup design, pants with the familiar black-with-colorful-shapes bowling alley carpet design (along with matching zany roller skates if they come out right on the player model) and the good old holographic hat that you'd see Marty McFly wearing in Back to the Future. The hat could maybe change colors when you move, giving it that holographic effect. Other small details could be added too like a swatch going on the player's wrist along with the shirt. Overall, just an old nostalgic tacky style outfit. Thank you for your consideration!

RedGold Bishop.png

Bishop Set

(Bishops Mitre / Bishops Robe)

Descriptions:

Bishops Mitre (Head)
The Bishops Mitre is vanity item that is equipped in the head slot. The characters hair fits under the mitre meaning larger hairstyles are concealed by it. I tried to create a shape for the mitre that represented what they look like in real life. The mitre features a band along the bottom of it and a cross design on the front. I think this vanity item has the potential to look really cool and unique with some more tweaking from someone who has some actual skill with pixel art.

Bishops Robe (Torso)
The Bishops Robe is a vanity item that is equipped in the torso slot. The robe reaches the bottom of the characters feet meaning pants are not visible. The robe features oversized sleeves that run over the hands of the character and a holy cross on the chest for repelling demons. Additional design elements that could enhance the look of the robe could include a sway in the sleaves/body of the robe when moving, and/or another robe that sits over the base robe (like the winter cape) to give the vanity item a multi-layer look.

When this vanity set is equipped and used alongside the Uzi, Shotgun or Stake Launcher it provides the user with a badass bonus and ulitmate underworld creature slaying capability.

Black Bishop.pngBlue Bishop.pngRed Bishop.pngBlueWhite Bishop.pngRedWhite Bishop.pngBlueGold Bishop.pngRedGold Bishop.png

This is my entry, hope you like it!
Supposed to be a slime man, with ooze dripping down him. Sorta to go with the King Slime Mask, as I feel it was missing something.
Also made a pinky version, but if that counts as 2 entries, just the slime man.
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry Mannequin.gif
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry with Head - Pinky.gif
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry with Head.gif
Terraria Vanity Contest Entry.gif
P.S. Sorry it looks so tiny, don't know how to fix that. :/

Безымянный.png
Безымянный2.png
Безымянный3.png

According to my idea, the mechanical bosses dropped their parts with some chance, and the player could use them to improve the Hallowed Armor.

View attachment Once In a Lifetime Contest Submission.jpeg

Hello there!! Here's my submission, the "Cloudhiker" set. It's a 3-part set that consists of Cloudhiker Goggles, Cloudhiker Suit (or Torso) and Cloudhiker Boots.
The set can be found in Sky Chests or in Sky Crates (in Crates, the chance of obtaining it is 16.67% or 1/6).
The "tooltip" or "description" for each piece is:

Cloudhiker Goggles: "Perfect for the hobby of looking at the stars."
Cloudhiker Suit: "Definitely Wyvern-proof, bears the Skyware Banner."
Cloudhiker Boots: "How else would you walk on clouds?"

If the devs are reading this, please feel free to change any detail you may want. This is just a suggestion - my suggestion. You'll know what works for our dear Terraria.
I drew the picture myself on an A4 piece of paper, then scanned the drawing. I was inspired by the typical colors of skyware furniture and blocks and, to be honest, my country's flag - the Brazilian Flag. In the middle, it has a blue circle with the southern sky, and this is surrounded by yellow.
I've been reading the book series "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", so "hiker" came from that. The previous name suggestion was "Skyseeker", but I figured "Cloudhiker" fit the vanity a lot more.

If you can somehow add my name "StipulateVenus", please do so *.*
It'd be my life-long achievement - having my name added to my all-time favorite game ^w^

Thanks for the attention,
StipulateVenus.

Last edited:
Here's my submission. Hope it's not too late!

Desc:
I wanted to design a set of vanity that would go well with Terraria's endgame without relating it too much to the Lunar Event, Moon Lord etc.

Possible Ways Of Obtaining:
- From The Clothier
- From an NPC that is yet to be added...
- Rare Drop From Expert Hardmode Treasure Bags
- Crafting???

Properties:
- As described in the image, the cape featured on the chest piece has similar properties to Jim's set and how there is extra model to the set when wearing certain pieces of it
- On the head piece, the horns do appear to be floating apart from the helmet. However, I am not expecting to see any animation on them. I feel like that would beat the point of it being a costume (and that it would be easier to create in the game).

Tooltip: "Excellent For Stargazing"

Creator's Note:
Terraria has always been a very special game to me from the moment it launched, and I see this competition as an opportunity to finally get back at the game for giving me amazing memories that I made with my friends when playing. I have been on the edge of my seat for Journey's End and the thought of having my own designs in the game just makes it even more worth waiting for. I know that the chances of me winning are very low. But that won't stop me from simply enjoying myself taking part in this competition. I have had a lot of fun making this vanity set!
If you managed to read all the way here, I just want to thank you for your time. Even if I don't win it means a lot to me that I was able to share my submission with everyone.
Feel free to change anything you like if you want to use this design in any way.

Twitter: @hyperleetisme
Discord: Hyperleet#6202

lighterrariacomp.png

Thank You!

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.07.51 AM.png
The hat is called "Fancy Top Hat" The Tuxedo is called "Fancy Tuxedo" The pants are called "Fancy Pants" and the shoes are called "Fancy Shoes" and all together they would be called "The Fanciest Tuxedo Set"

This is Max, hes the guy i use for all my accounts and i'd love to see him in game! I know i'm not the best artist, and the refrence isnt the best but i hope this brings up some ideas, i've seen some tough competition though! I'm very curious as to wich vanities will be added!
mags.png
pixil-frame-0.png
pixil-frame-0 (1).png

littlebuddyset.png

This is the Little Buddy Set. The head slot is a little version of the player's default skin getting a ride on top of the player's shoulders, the torso slot is a green jacket with a red scarf, and the leg slot is grey pants with yellowish kneepads. The little player could have animations like pointing to the direction the player is walking, or putting it's hands in the air when the player is falling.

There's already some ninja sets in game, but I still missing classic ninja suit.
So there is my entery. There's many ways to make it look better with some effects (Like shadow cloud under character or smoke trail, glowing eyes etc.).
(Yeah, I'm bad at spriting but I tried)

Attachments

• terraria_vanity_contest_ninja.png
    terraria_vanity_contest_ninja.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 77
  • terraria_vanity_contest_ninja_concept.png
    terraria_vanity_contest_ninja_concept.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 96
Suprised there's not already a mad scientist in the game. I've never done a sprite this low res tho, so some bits (like the hair) are kinda odd looking

Attachments

• Mad Scientist2.png
    Mad Scientist2.png
    997 bytes · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom