Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I voted then I would probably pick my three from the following, in no particular order:
Capricorn
Wyvern Rider
Witch's Void
Starlight Dream
Magic Grill Megashark
Mushroom Alchemist

I also really like the Cyber Angel but I wish it was an actual armor set and had a biome or mini biome to go with it.

Welp, so these are the finalists... I'm a bit sad for didn't make it but I thing this is how has to be, complain is not gonna change anything so is better to be happy for those who could reach the finals and for all the work we have presented here.

I specially felt in love with Timeless Traveler, Capricorn and Tv head (There were others that I loved too like the Plaguebringer, Flower Protector, etc...)

I think my presentation wasn't good enough for the lack of pixel art and maybe the design didn't communicate the idea... I don't know xD. It was a shame that I didn't have enough time to include it and think it was too difficult just for being inexperienced and then the reality was really different.

So here is the pixel art of my work:

Abyss Armour (Pixel Art).png

Let's make a great journey together Terrarians!

Hello again, people !

I have a question (that may look stupid, but I want to be sure) to ask to the development team and/or moderators of this contest.
Are we allowed to use our rejected submission as unofficial part of Terraria through mods ?

I don't want to let my -small thing- die to oblivion, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone to feel this way.

If it's allowed, should I post my request -here- ?

Thank you very much ^-^

Last edited:
Honestly? Stop the votes and do not let the community pick the content. I get that it might be someones dream to make content for a game they love, I love this game too but come on, surely it can't just be me that was unimpressed by the inevitable 100's of plague doctors, furry posts, edgy OC's, weeb trash or literally the one runner up that included huge breasts in their diagrams for coomer clicks e.g being the magic grill, literally says in the rules to keep it pg 13 but the artist thought it'd be a good idea to include a heart window showing off her cleavage and posing her in a position that seems all but suggestive? and I mean, it worked, it is one of the runner ups after all, a conscious decision from the devs for whatever reason.

I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed to see that the winners will be decided by the community because, what? Afraid of some backlash or something because some people may have thought it wouldn't have been fair for everyone if it wasn't left up to the community? There's no way people would stop playing the game because of something like this. I really want to see something similar to the quality that you guys would have put into making costumes when Terraria was still being constantly updated over (a few honorable cringe mentions) the timeless traveller, dragon empress, slime queen, cyber angel, TV head or the wandering ronin. and I mean, the dragon empress, cyber angel and slime queen are female only outfits as far as I can see, wouldn't you prefer to be able to enjoy the same outfit as both genders with little to no changes in the design like every other cosmetic in the game thus far?

Don't get me wrong, there were a few submissions that did shine for me and that is just personal preference in the end but other than that, i'm excited for all the new content that this update brings and I know this contest is here just to get some new cosmetics into the game, i.e things that you can just choose to ignore which is why, in the end it'll have little effect on me other than maybe a ''Seriously, this won?'' and this post will probably have no weight on anything but nonetheless, at this point i'm just curious if anyone else agrees with any of my points or if anyone else has some of their own that they'd like to share.

Hello again, people !

I have a question (that may look stupid, but I want to be sure) to ask to the development team and/or moderators of this contest.
Are we allowed to use our rejected submission as unofficial part of Terraria through mods ?

I don't want to let my -small thing- die to oblivion, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone to feel this way.

If it's allowed, should I post my request -here- ?

Thank you very much ^-^
That's fine, yes.

i kinda agree with a few people, it was a bad idea to let the community decide since they will go with the furries, plague doctors and more, there were many good ones that i assume been good in terraria but now we have to mod them in because everyone chose the cliché ones like cyber angel...……… but anyway

Good luck...……. I guess...…….
Worried Matt emotion.png
(insert worried emoticon from the hate that will occur upon people finding out their vote didn't win, please don't warn me.... its just a custom I can only use...)

Deciding my top 3 was so hard because most of these where actual trash. Most of these are literally just rip-offs of existing vanity setsor armor sets and they aren't even better. Some had alot of effort put into them but that doesn't remove the fact that they changed a few details. I won't name who did this as that would unnecessary but I see this as a big problem. Also people mostly voted for artists that are well known instead of one's that look good, and people also chose the one's with the best art and those one's didn't even have pixel art which is how TERRARIA is made. They should have showed pixel art if not it is useless. But I am not saying that people did not try and I appreciate the effort that people are putting into this game that I have been playing for a long period of time.
If you would like to know the ones I chose they were:

1. Timeless traveler
2. Bubblehead
3. Swamp Horror

I found these interesting and also they where the ones that seemed to have some form of effort put into them and didn't copy already existing vanity sets.

Last edited:
Honestly? Stop the votes and do not let the community pick the content. I get that it might be someones dream to make content for a game they love, I love this game too but come on, surely it can't just be me that was unimpressed by the inevitable 100's of plague doctors, furry posts, edgy OC's, weeb trash or literally the one runner up that included huge breasts in their diagrams for coomer clicks e.g being the magic grill, literally says in the rules to keep it pg 13 but the artist thought it'd be a good idea to include a heart window showing off her cleavage and posing her in a position that seems all but suggestive? and I mean, it worked, it is one of the runner ups after all, a conscious decision from the devs for whatever reason.

I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed to see that the winners will be decided by the community because, what? Afraid of some backlash or something because some people may have thought it wouldn't have been fair for everyone if it wasn't left up to the community? There's no way people would stop playing the game because of something like this. I really want to see something similar to the quality that you guys would have put into making costumes when Terraria was still being constantly updated over (a few honorable cringe mentions) the timeless traveller, dragon empress, slime queen, cyber angel, TV head or the wandering ronin. and I mean, the dragon empress, cyber angel and slime queen are female only outfits as far as I can see, wouldn't you prefer to be able to enjoy the same outfit as both genders with little to no changes in the design like every other cosmetic in the game thus far?

Don't get me wrong, there were a few submissions that did shine for me and that is just personal preference in the end but other than that, i'm excited for all the new content that this update brings and I know this contest is here just to get some new cosmetics into the game, i.e things that you can just choose to ignore which is why, in the end it'll have little effect on me other than maybe a ''Seriously, this won?'' and this post will probably have no weight on anything but nonetheless, at this point i'm just curious if anyone else agrees with any of my points or if anyone else has some of their own that they'd like to share.
I'm really sorry in advance! Usually I would just let everyone have their own point of view and not say anything

But today I feel like responding

I just wanted to mention that your opinion is super unbiased, points are solid and you formulated it very politely!
I'll go delete my submission now out of pure shame of making such a cringe job that nobody liked
I also encourage all the finalists to do the same
And maybe we can also delete Re-Logic while we at it, just to be sure

Hope this wasn't too toxic
Anyway, have a nice day, I know you didn't mean it, so I'm sorry again ;)

Deciding my top 3 was so hard because most of these where actual bad. Most of these are literally just rip-offs of existing vanity setsor armor sets and they aren't even better. Some had alot of effort put into them but that doesn't remove the fact that they changed a few details. I won't name who did this as that would unnecessary but I see this as a big problem. Also people mostly voted for artists that are well known instead of one's that look good, and people also chose the one's with the best art and those one's didn't even have pixel art which is how TERRARIA is made. They should have showed pixel art if not it is useless. But I am not saying that people did not try and I appreciate the effort that people are putting into this game that I have been playing for a long period of time.
If you would like to know the ones I chose they were:

1. Timeless traveler
2. Bubblehead
3. Swamp Horror

I found these interesting and also they where the ones that seemed to have some form of effort put into them and didn't copy already existing vanity sets.
Thank you so much!
I mean, my Timeless Traveler kinda resembles the Cultist's attire and the Bubble Head resembles a fish bowl in the head slot... At least that's what some people say : )

i really love the floral protector one and the mushroom alchemist is amazing! a serious well done to everyone who entered even if you didn't get in the finals you're all amazing! any of these deserve to win and even if your content doesnt still remember theres a good chance 100s if not 1000s of people have seen your work and enjoyed its concept or admired the design

i kinda agree with a few people, it was a bad idea to let the community decide since they will go with the furries, plague doctors and more, there were many good ones that i assume been good in terraria but now we have to mod them in because everyone chose the cliché ones like cyber angel...……… but anyway

Good luck...……. I guess...……. View attachment 267568(insert worried emoticon from the hate that will occur upon people finding out their vote didn't win, please don't warn me.... its just a custom I can only use...)
I think we're treating this contest a bit too serious. More than we care to admit to ourselves. I'd say the point of all this is just to have fun! It's not like 3 vanity sets will affect the game all that much. Even though all of the finalists are very fun and I'm sure Re-Logic will do a splendid work of implementing the concept, no matter who winns

Mannn what have you even got to be anxious about? literally 4/5 people I've seen have put yours as their number one, and that remaining fifth puts yours as 2 or 3. Pop a bottle of champagne and chug the thing. You're golden, my dude. We're all here to fight over second place.
Nah, dude
I appreciate kind words but it's to early to say who'll win
Personally I'm sure that the Plaguebringer will take the first place and the 2nd and 3rd places are going to be a close race
People actually were talking to me about your set a lot, so I think you have great chances
Who knows, it can be that yours will be like 2nd and mine like 10th : P
I just wish we would find out sooner, the tension is real even though I'll be happy with literally any of those 25 winning

I wouldn't recommend spoiling your vote guys since I want a winning surprise and from the looks of it... timeless traverler and cyber angel are probably going to win with the spoilers. (even though there are loads of votes from people who didn't reply on the page or even have a account)
And I'm seeing a different picture so far based on people's comments
Whoever wins I just hope Re-Logic does good job preventing bot attacks, that's all

I think we're treating this contest a bit too serious. More than we care to admit to ourselves. I'd say the point of all this is just to have fun! It's not like 3 vanity sets will affect the game all that much. Even though all of the finalists are very fun and I'm sure Re-Logic will do a splendid work of implementing the concept, no matter who winns
Nah, dude
I appreciate kind words but it's to early to say who'll win
Personally I'm sure that the Plaguebringer will take the first place and the 2nd and 3rd places are going to be a close race
People actually were talking to me about your set a lot, so I think you have great chances
Who knows, it can be that yours will be like 2nd and mine like 10th : P
I just wish we would find out sooner, the tension is real even though I'll be happy with literally any of those 25 winning
And I'm seeing a different picture so far based on people's comments
Whoever wins I just hope Re-Logic does good job preventing bot attacks, that's all
Hey DisRicardo, Please don't post multiple posts in a row like that. If you have something to add, you can use the edit button beneath your first post.
I've merged them for you this time, but please don't do it again.

I feel biased because i decided to not vote the ones without visible sprites since idk how they will look in game
But the shine bug... that'll be a yes for me dog

Here are my personaly favourites, which I voted for.
This one belong to Floren Protector by Yikescloud
When I saw this one first time it striked me for it's very unique idea and lovely sprite, that is having a flower for the head, I took it's flower as brain even I didn't read the info about the vanity that the creator made.

I pesonaly I don't like an idea of fish and other animals having control of the player/character, flower and nature are more suitable to the theme of Trerraria.

If it is going to win we could + have poticentaly a Hazmat type of suit which some people had an idea to submit.
Belong to Starlight Dream by Golditale.
For creating nice set that have vibrant and very colourfull pallette, matching floating islands withc their persective furniture.

It would be great since in vanila terraria we don't have even single armor or vanity set for sky biome that would make it possible more usefull (even vanities are only for cosmetic apperance).
TV Head by Dr.Zootsuit
Forest Druid by Kohi_aue
Cyber Angel by Rariaz
The bugman by MetalSquirrel
and for last Mushroom Alchemist by Pineappleknight

Some aren't my favourite but I pesonaly see why those finalist were choosen, but
I know that peson worked very hard on it and put a lot of time in it, but entry of The Timeless Traveler by DisRicardo is basicaly totally overbaked idea, that it is (in my opinion) bad and doesn't fit the game because of the animations, ... is good but even potencialy bad.

To me choosing this one was huge mistake, to it seems like weird combination of Cultist Mask and Reaper Costume into one (not so unique) and should't stick to its animation.

I like idea of time themed vanity item, but this one doesn't speak to me even with given addiational images, like the badge one which was unnecessary in the end.

Time/Chronomancer themes or time manipulation are favourite in (some) RPG games.
I am sorry but that is what I see. There are more submission that are more worthy than this.

I personaly would like to make a mod for some finalists and some some non_finalist vanity sets. There were a lot of them, it would be sad for so much sprites to be wasted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom