Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floret Protector is my best friend's work! It really fits in game! :D:D:D
The Timeless Traveler is fancy as well! I can see the attention paied behind the work. The Capricorn,
Bedtime, Plaguebringer, Swamp Horror & TV Head are also my taste!
Unfortunately, I missed the time to participate, so there's definitely none of my work...
Anyway, good luck to you all! <3

these are absolutely gorgeous, really hope someone ends up modding the rest into the game!! they're so lovely!! id do it myself if i knew how to code >_>

I have a question (that may look stupid, but I want to be sure) to ask to the development team and/or moderators of this contest.
Are we allowed to use our rejected submission as unofficial part of Terraria through mods ?

We would love to see someone make a mod or mods that does this. Have at it.

---

Regarding the gnashing of teeth over the community vote:

We wanted the community to have a voice in the final selections. That was our decision to make and we made it. I can 100% promise you that even had we made "all selections internally" there would be a "WTF why did you pick <THIS>?!" post on here and elsewhere. Because in a group as large and diverse as this, we are bound to have a wide array of opinions and preferences.

Thus, some solid quantitative data is fantastic to give a more broad view of those opinions and preferences.

We thought this would be a fun way for the community to put a little bit of themselves into the game - certainly nothing to fight about. Relax, all will be well. :)

Why do I have to sign in with Google to vote for a Terraria.org project?

Because we had to host the voting somewhere with at least some protection against ballot stuffing... but we wanted to try to encompass everyone across the spectrum of the community. Forcing everyone to one corner seemed sort of narrow so we used google forms... which also outputs directly to Excel, saving yours truly a lot of time on the backend. ;)

I like how the ballot gives us first, second, and third place choices rather than the standard exactly one choice. It allows for a degree of nuance that should be present in all votes where there are more than two choices available.

Precisely the intent... also means the results may or may not be as cut and dried as people assume. I would make sure everyone votes for the one they want to see and not assume things are as they think. Or maybe they are... either way, be sure your vote is counted and spread the word!

---

Over 102k votes so far everyone - keep em coming!

I voted for Capricorn, Void Mage and Floret Protector. I was in love with the Void Mage when I first saw it because of the giant hat, Capricorn is just to shiny and pretty to ignore and Floret Protector is just so inherently 'Terraria'!

Congrats to everyone! I like them all! These submissions tell me everyone did their best!

Except me. I honestly think mine was terrible...

You have a point. How many vanity sets in the game have constant animations besides some cloak wiggling while walking? Dont remember any.
And I kinda afraid many people gonna get dissapointed if they end up with vanity set that didnt match their expectaions in terms of animations and particle effects.
But if devs will make up timetraveler's set with intended animations everything said is pointless and set is a must be.
That makes absolutely no sense. Its the only sprite that *shows* animations, thus making a much bigger impression than other sprites which ultimately is the key factor here. It's not about what will become or won't become, it's about what sprite makes the biggest impression in presentation so that said sprite gets implemented.

That makes absolutely no sense. Its the only sprite that *shows* animations, thus making a much bigger impression than other sprites which ultimately is the key factor here. It's not about what will become or won't become, it's about what sprite makes the biggest impression in presentation so that said sprite gets implemented.
Nonetheless, I chose the costume as my number 1 because of its sprite, I didn't even see its animation before having chosen it. Though its particles seem a bit much but then again, look at slime dress, that one just has extra stuff all over the place, character becomes like twice as wide when it's worn lol

Last edited:
There are so many amazing sets here! I wish all of them could be added into the game it would be great, but I'm rooting for plaguebringer and #1

Floret Protector is my best friend's work! It really fits in game! :D:D:D
The Timeless Traveler is fancy as well! I can see the attention paied behind the work. The Capricorn,
Bedtime, Plaguebringer, Swamp Horror & TV Head are also my taste!
Unfortunately, I missed the time to participate, so there's definitely none of my work...
Anyway, good luck to you all! <3
I love forest protector so much, but i voted for ones i would be more likely to use like the fish one.

I can already see one big issue with making a mod for the finalists who dont win: every person pitching said idea has said something to the effect of "A mod for the finalists and also some other cool ones (specifically mine)". basically, whoever makes the mod is, knowing video game modding communities, undoubtedly going to crowbar in their own vanity set or their friends or one they liked that didnt make it to the finals, or whatever, thus utterly ruining the point of modding in finalists at all and making the entire thing obnoxious and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom