Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

index.php

The town speaks? Or did I interpret that wrong? And depending on who's saying the
liking message, may sound a bit weird.

Other than that, those are cool changes.

Edit:. Wait a moment, is that the Dryad?

Good gravy. I got all worried for a moment there when I realized that my town NPCs would be divided into different biomes, but I Totally get it now. I really like this addition! It's pretty darn exciting. It'll definitely help make the world feel more alive and vibrant.

I used to exclusively build a giant walled-off town in the sky to avoid wraiths and everything, but I'm not so afraid of building smaller towns. I'll still have a central unified mass chest area for storage in the middle of the world, but at least this way it'll bring everyone closer together without seeming like they're being kept apart.

I wonder what biome the Merchant will like, given that he sells those marshmallow things in the snow biome.
Yeah, And finally we can stop the 3 block high house craze of wraith evasion if we can get towns. It's such a diverse idea for builders and players!

That is very interestring, but
Why does Stone Slab now blend with every blocks? And whats up with that Crystal Block blending?

My favourite thing about Crystal Block was that every block (sadly no dirt) merged into that block but kept it's outline shape, now it will be gone? It looks worse now.

I pretty sure why Stone Slab was good building material is not because of unique texture but that it didn't merged with any block, it's very smooth shading texture makes it bad when it will merge with every block, same goes to platings.

If you want slabs and platings to be like it, wouldn't it be better if it used "Wall outline", that thing between two different placed wall that makes it look separated? That thing wouldn't be neither bad for Glass Block.

i just learned how to build npc prisons and now there is an advantage to have not boxes also that will mess up one of my worlds my arena is part of my base but eh still giving them boxes

OhThis is so cooooooool! I‘ve always put NPCs that like each other (e.x. Nurse w/ arms dealer And dryad w/ truffle) but now [once the update comes to switch] I’ll actually get rewarded for that! :D

This is just beautiful... Even after all these years, this game keeps growing in such awe-inspiring ways. A tear almost comes to my eye when I think of all that's changed since I first started playing it. It truly is a bittersweet feeling knowing this is the final update, but it's also so very inspiring to see the developers bleed their love for their game like this to the very end. This will always be my favorite game, but I look forward to see what the developers will work on next. Grand work, Re-Logic, best of luck in your future pursuits!

Sorry, but I made an account to say just how much I hate this NPC happiness idea. I don't want to have to build the cells spread far apart to satisfy some arbitrary happiness value so they don't make everything more expensive.
You don't have to use it.

Of course you don't HAVE to partake in this new system, but we think you will find the positives in doing so to be quite tempting indeed.

I really like this Idea. I can already imagine people building up their towns with npcs with their own special house that fit their personalities. I can also imagine all of the creative pylon areas in the centre of a town and I can't wait to make all of the new houses fo my npcs 👍

Exciting! Might want to move my tax guy away from my party girl...:p

Also the crystal bunny is cute

I assumed the system meant there would be penalties to prices and the like if you don't satisfy their requirements. Still annoying that I have to cater to them just to get good prices though.

I assumed the system meant there would be penalties to prices and the like if you don't satisfy their requirements. Still annoying that I have to cater to them just to get good prices though.
Well, it's an additional layer of complexity to the game. You don't need to use it, but there are rewards for giving it a try, and what's more, you may have fun doing it!

I guess all my storage units are going to be moving to the Ice biome so I can finally justify telling my friends to put stuff in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom