Resolved [Switch] 2-player local?

I wonder if Terraria will release on the next consoles. I also wonder if they will launch with splitscreen feature.
If they do release on the new consoles they will definetly be released with split screen in mind for 2 reasons
1. The backlash from the community on the switch after they false advertised it as local multiplayer
And 2. They probely will have 1.4 rolled out or close to rolled out of consoles at that time period so they can foucus on local multiplayer then

Maybe im also a kid? You don't know. Maybe im a baby!

I am angry and pissed eventhough it isn't going to change anything, and that is just fine.

You don't need to tell me what "mad"means, I know english. Thank you, though.
wow 1 smart typing baby and I know you have a wife and married you literally type it at the first page, I am not as stupid as you see
I said 2 console generations old not 2 decades a console generation is essentially when a new major console comes out so wii xbox 360 and ps3 were all in a console generation and technically it's been 1 console generation in between 360 and 1 but the ps4 and wii u came out during that time and now where on the switch generation in which both the xbox scarlet and ps5 are about to join
i said how old is the xbox 360 how about you read correctly first?And they don't count as first gen there is older console, do you even know older gen's?

Last edited:
wow 1 smart typing baby and I know you have a wife and married you literally type it at the first page, I am not as stupid as you see

i said how old is the xbox 360 how about you read correctly first?And they don't count as first gen there is older console, do you even know older gen's?

Yeah, you got me. I'm not a baby!

Let's reread what you wrote together shall we?
But just look the comparison size of the switch and xbox 360 and the xbox 360 is not really out dated.it is not 2 decade old yete
edit:I changed my mine i did some research...and yes the nintendo switch is more powerful but the switch have more modern terraria than xbox 360 right?
No the xbox 360 is 15 years old phew you're safe on that one on the other hand xbox 360 hasent gotten major support since the xbox came out sure some just dance games came out but those come out of every console including the wii next topic

The xbox 360 and the switch have almost the exact same terraria since terraria hasent been updated majorly in years at this point technically the switch would have more modern terraria but only because of a few complications due to them adding a few extra items

I dont know where you got me saying it was the first console generation Mr. "Did you even read correctly" aside from that yeah I know my older gens just to name a few major ones

Gen 1
Color TV series

Gen 2
Atari 2600
Intelivision
Gen 3
Sega SG-1000
Nes
Sega master system
Gen 4
Sega genesis
SNES
Just to name a few

Let's reread what you wrote together shall we?

No the xbox 360 is 15 years old phew you're safe on that one on the other hand xbox 360 hasent gotten major support since the xbox came out sure some just dance games came out but those come out of every console including the wii next topic

The xbox 360 and the switch have almost the exact same terraria since terraria hasent been updated majorly in years at this point technically the switch would have more modern terraria but only because of a few complications due to them adding a few extra items

I dont know where you got me saying it was the first console generation Mr. "Did you even read correctly" aside from that yeah I know my older gens just to name a few major ones

Gen 1
Color TV series

Gen 2
Atari 2600
Intelivision
Gen 3
Sega SG-1000
Nes
Sega master system
Gen 4
Sega genesis
SNES
Just to name a few
But there is new more detail mobs and item, new mechanics, resprite, bugs fix, security and the power difference of both of them is not very far.

But there is new more detail mobs and item, new mechanics, resprite, bugs fix, security and the power difference of both of them is not very far.
I'm not even gonna

The switch is 4 and a half times more powerful than the xbox 360

Do you really think a console that can display near HD graphics on a tiny screen is almost as powerful as a console from 15 years ago

Even if there was those the switch dominated the xbox 360 in terms of power and it would not make much of a difference

I mean have you seen breath of the wild they are complaining about switch "hardware limitations" when games such a mario odyssey and breath of the wild run at 1080p and mostly smooth all of the time breath of the wild has some bumps in frame rates

I'm not even gonna

The switch is 4 and a half times more powerful than the xbox 360

Do you really think a console that can display near HD graphics on a tiny screen is almost as powerful as a console from 15 years ago

Even if there was those the switch dominated the xbox 360 in terms of power and it would not make much of a difference

I mean have you seen breath of the wild they are complaining about switch "hardware limitations" when games such a mario odyssey and breath of the wild run at 1080p and mostly smooth all of the time breath of the wild has some bumps in frame rates

Yeah I think what hardware limitations really means is poor or lack of preparation.

I know other devs have stated its a difficult console to work with but I really think that's something you figure out and address before you release a game.

Yeah I think what hardware limitations really means is poor or lack of preparation.

I know other devs have stated its a difficult console to work with but I really think that's something you figure out and address before you release a game.
I actully think it would have been fine if they had stated that the switch will not have local multiplayer for the foreseeable future and may not come out until 1.4 was completed but instead they false advertised the game as local multiplayer which I'm suprised no one has sued them yet for

Obviously they were wrong. I assume that split-screen will be out sometime in June, so that means it will probably be closer to July.
I'd assume late may because 1.4 is supposed to be out for PC at that time but it would make sense if they wanted to work on console 1.4 first

Yesterday I started a new world in 4-player split screen. On our old Xbox360. No lags, everything fine.
But on that machine my daughter will never ride a unicorn.
I still assume it's an architectural problem - or they implemented touch controls listeners for 4 players simultaneously and forgot to disable it in dock. From my experience a bottleneck can be found in a couple of days with some timing and resource analysis. But adding content and thus making it heavier to solve the (PERFORMANCE)-problems has top priority 👏.
I don't know. I'm sad.

Yesterday I started a new world in 4-player split screen. On our old Xbox360. No lags, everything fine.
But on that machine my daughter will never ride a unicorn.
I still assume it's an architectural problem - or they implemented touch controls listeners for 4 players simultaneously and forgot to disable it in dock. From my experience a bottleneck can be found in a couple of days with some timing and resource analysis. But adding content and thus making it heavier to solve the (PERFORMANCE)-problems has top priority 👏.
I don't know. I'm sad.

I'm sorry you're sad. I'm with you.

All the new content is cool but I miss being able to play a functional game.

I suppose the internet could have been completely wrong, that's how this whole thread got started anyway, with the internet lying...
what if i check it by the nintendo website and multiple other website that said the same thing

Edit:And also you should probably also research before argue with me

Last edited:
Switch is the only version I have that has recent updates (I have Xbox 360 terraria) and I really want split-screen to be added.
Ps4 and xbox 1 also have the newer updates I have switched over to xbox one as ai have recently gotten gamepass but still use switch to play with other switch freinds

Back
Top Bottom