What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanium armor was brokenly overpowered and had an ability that put it better than Chlorophyte in some cases. A well deserved nerf.
The same used to be said about the Turtle Armor too. And with the update, now is the Hallowed Set that is better than Chlorophyte.

Really good looking right now :D
What are the new requirements to run Terraria smoothly with these graphics? I really wanna know because I just bought a new PC to work and play this masterpiece.

moon lord changes are devastating and all, but we should really be worrying about one more pressing matter.
That slime can now climb ropes.
The horror.

The same used to be said about the Turtle Armor too. And with the update, now is the Hallowed Set that is better than Chlorophyte.
Turtle Armor SHOULD be better than Chlorophyte. It's less versatile. I can't disagree more with this reasoning here though. It's like saying (if platinum were better than molten, it's a hypothetical) platinum should be better than molten forever because of some balancing mistake that was made 2 patches before. Titanium is also way easier to get than Chlorophyte or Hallowed Armor.

I agree with you on everything else aside from moonlord being impossible without rod of discord though. (there are plenty of non-box strats that don't rely on pro skillzz to get him)

Will the True Eyes' lasers go through blocks too or just the main deathray?
True_Eye_of_Cthulhu.png
True_Eye_of_Cthulhu.png
True_Eye_of_Cthulhu.png

These are my favourite spoilers yet. I can actually tell what's going on in the dungeon sprites, and I may actually use weapons I previously ignored.

I guess with 12 days left you gotta ramp up the hype.

i'll be the happiest lark if they remodel the golem's boss room like i dreamed of so long ago.

now all it'll need is appearing/disappearing platforms and boss room traps activating for the boss fight.

Turtle Armor SHOULD be better than Chlorophyte. It's less versatile. I can't disagree more with this reasoning here though. It's like saying (if platinum were better than molten, it's a hypothetical) platinum should be better than molten forever because of some balancing mistake that was made 2 patches before.
I have always felt that Turtle, Spectre, and Shroomite ought to be able to be crafted directly from Chlorophyte armor. Even as just an alternate recipe.

Reformulation? Skills?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-50-202.jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-50-202.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 384
  • Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-27-598.jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-27-598.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-10-609.jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-05-04-23-25-10-609.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 154
I like how characters blink now. It adds more life to them. I think the player character should also have eyebrows, and to be able to sleep and speed up time either during the day or night and heals your character to 100% health and removes any statuses. Other than that I'm loving these improvements.

I have always felt that Turtle, Spectre, and Shroomite ought to be able to be crafted directly from Chlorophyte armor. Even as just an alternate recipe.
The way I see it. They're on the same tier. Chlorophyte is a weaker jack of all trades, while Turtle, Shroomite, and Spectre are more specific and stronger, but more class focused.

I love the new sprites, they're less flat with lot of clarity to them. The new boulders look more like boulders; I honestly forget what the current boulders are most the time. Until now, I had no idea that the mushroom biome bolder had a little mushroom it. I must resist the urge to write more.

I love the new sprites, they're less flat with lot of clarity to them. The new boulders look more like boulders; I honestly forget what the current boulders are most the time. Until now, I had no idea that the mushroom biome bolder had a little mushroom it. I must resist the urge to write more.
True, many of these new sprites look amazing. I'll miss the old look of terraria though. Despite looking dated it had a certain charm to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom