PC NPC HOUSES NOT WORKING

Communist_T

Official Terrarian
I have a problem with my NPCs housing. I have it kinda as a hanging dungeon in the bottom of my castle and I have 24 rooms which all look the same, each have the same exact material and same walls. I put the background down before anything else, even the walls, but for some reason 12 of my rooms aren’t counting as a valid home. Its not giving me a reason just saying “this is not valid housing”. Each room is exactly the same and I’m confused why 12 of my 24 rooms are not working
E9CF68EB-E360-4CBA-8FD4-02B1B2AECB83.jpeg
80BD1038-D756-4917-B1A7-A1B4D6774DC7.jpeg
EFFEFED6-14C7-44A2-A893-682D8300F89D.jpeg

Last edited:
Your NPC's are not moved in from what I can see on the right side. If they were valid before, they aren't now, and it's likely as Darthmorf said, an Evil Biome has taken over that side. Specifically, make sure there isn't any Ebonstone or Crimstone on that side.

A quick check and temporary fix would be to use the Clentaminator with Green Solution, and spray the general area down and to the right. Afterwards, use the "?" query to check if their houses will then be valid.

Your NPC's are not moved in from what I can see on the right side. If they were valid before, they aren't now, and it's likely as Darthmorf said, an Evil Biome has taken over that side. Specifically, make sure there isn't any Ebonstone or Crimstone on that side.

A quick check and temporary fix would be to use the Clentaminator with Green Solution, and spray the general area down and to the right. Afterwards, use the "?" query to check if their houses will then be valid.
Thank you, I’ll be sure to try that. But it’s not the full right side the last two rooms are valid, and I have a large hell bridge on my right side with no corruption it’s just a little middle bit. I’ll provide a picture on the original post. I assume it’s just a small bit of corruption in the middle so I will try to get rid of it. It’s worth a try

Back
Top Bottom