New Update breaking my computer when game crashes

DeuxGzuis

Terrarian
Whenever i mine a specific block in my hellevator my game crashes (i have no idea what block it is, it looks different from a normal dirt/stone block, might be a new one, i have no idea what block it is), not only it crashes, but it leaves no crash log of any type and it frickin breaks my computer, the ID of the error on Event Viewer is 1000 and its related to nvd3dum.dll

here's the thing, this NEVER happened with any other game i ever played before with this SAME machine, so i cant believe somehow this game is an exception and is making my graphic card kill itself for no reason at all, and it only ever happened in this update in specific.

here's what my computer looks like after the game crashes
When this happens i'm forced to restart my computer because everything will look like the image above.

Whenever i mine a specific block in my hellevator my game crashes (i have no idea what block it is, it looks different from a normal dirt/stone block, might be a new one, i have no idea what block it is), not only it crashes, but it leaves no crash log of any type and it frickin breaks my computer, the ID of the error on Event Viewer is 1000 and its related to nvd3dum.dll

here's the thing, this NEVER happened with any other game i ever played before with this SAME machine, so i cant believe somehow this game is an exception and is making my graphic card kill itself for no reason at all, and it only ever happened in this update in specific.

here's what my computer looks like after the game crashes
When this happens i'm forced to restart my computer because everything will look like the image above.
Hello @DeuxGzuis,

Could you make a screenshot of the block you're trying to mine before you do so? A copy of your world file would also help!

Hello @DeuxGzuis,

Could you make a screenshot of the block you're trying to mine before you do so? A copy of your world file would also help!

Hello. So after your request i've entered the game preparing myself to take a screenshot and possibly risk another one of those crashes, but as i slowly made my way down my elevator, mining block per block, as slowly as i could as i illuminated blocks around the hellevator to spot the blocks below me that i havent mined yet (in hopes of spotting the block that was crashing me) i reached the spot i remembered mining and then it didnt crash anymore.

Now here's why i think this might have happened and the bug didnt happen again (just an assumption since i have a small fear of this happening again while i'm playing tbh).

Everytime i entered the game, i went down the hellevator and tried to mine it down, then i reached the same spot and the game crashed, this repeated several times, i entered the game solely to try to mine the hellevator and noticed the game crashed pretty much nearly always at the same point, then only once i didnt go down the hellevator and did something else in the caverns, neither did i mine the way through the hellevator, then i left the game, what i think was making this bug repeat itself was because i was playing from the same stance that the bug was happening, as in, directly entering the save and going down there just so the game could crash again, and i was repeating this exact same process, once i broke this cycle and the game saved without i going down and causing the crash, something must have happened that changed? well i dont know, i'm talking too much and even i'am getting a bit confused by this poor attempt at an explanation of mine.

Anyway, this was the spot exactly where the mouse is over and i don't know how relevant this information is but, when i pressed F10 that middle number would go to over 200 the moment before the game crashed (and my pc died with it) also, if i'm not remembering it wrong, the ingame light/lightning would kinda ''refresh''/go weird also the moment before the game crashed (and my computer going all crazy)

Sorry that i cant reproduce the problem, i really wanted to find the cause of this so that this hopefully could be fixed to never happen again, if this happen again, i'll make sure to leave my save as is so that the problem can be reproduced and i can send the save file over.

Hello. So after your request i've entered the game preparing myself to take a screenshot and possibly risk another one of those crashes, but as i slowly made my way down my elevator, mining block per block, as slowly as i could as i illuminated blocks around the hellevator to spot the blocks below me that i havent mined yet (in hopes of spotting the block that was crashing me) i reached the spot i remembered mining and then it didnt crash anymore.

Now here's why i think this might have happened and the bug didnt happen again (just an assumption since i have a small fear of this happening again while i'm playing tbh).

Everytime i entered the game, i went down the hellevator and tried to mine it down, then i reached the same spot and the game crashed, this repeated several times, i entered the game solely to try to mine the hellevator and noticed the game crashed pretty much nearly always at the same point, then only once i didnt go down the hellevator and did something else in the caverns, neither did i mine the way through the hellevator, then i left the game, what i think was making this bug repeat itself was because i was playing from the same stance that the bug was happening, as in, directly entering the save and going down there just so the game could crash again, and i was repeating this exact same process, once i broke this cycle and the game saved without i going down and causing the crash, something must have happened that changed? well i dont know, i'm talking too much and even i'am getting a bit confused by this poor attempt at an explanation of mine.

Anyway, this was the spot exactly where the mouse is over and i don't know how relevant this information is but, when i pressed F10 that middle number would go to over 200 the moment before the game crashed (and my pc died with it) also, if i'm not remembering it wrong, the ingame light/lightning would kinda ''refresh''/go weird also the moment before the game crashed (and my computer going all crazy)

Sorry that i cant reproduce the problem, i really wanted to find the cause of this so that this hopefully could be fixed to never happen again, if this happen again, i'll make sure to leave my save as is so that the problem can be reproduced and i can send the save file over.
Well, at least you can continue playing the game. ;)

Could you do me a favour though? Could you go to Document/My Games/Terraria and check if you can find a folder called Logs? If so, can you find a log in there that was made or last edited around the time you had that crash? It might contain information useful in tracking down the issue.

Well, at least you can continue playing the game. ;)

Could you do me a favour though? Could you go to Document/My Games/Terraria and check if you can find a folder called Logs? If so, can you find a log in there that was made or last edited around the time you had that crash? It might contain information useful in tracking down the issue.
Hello, i guess i was too early to celebrate, it happened again shortly after.

There's no folder called Logs in my my game/terraria.
It happened when i mined this iron vein Here's how you get there

Attachments

• saves.zip
    4 MB · Views: 54
Hello, i guess i was too early to celebrate, it happened again shortly after.

There's no folder called Logs in my my game/terraria.
It happened when i mined this iron vein Here's how you get there
Thank you, I'll check it out!

In the meantime, could you do me another favour? If you right click Terraria in Steam and click Properties..., a window should pop up. Could you click the Set Launch Options... button and write this in it:

logerrors.png

That should enable error logging. If you get the error again, it should show up in a log in the Log folder I mentioned before. If that happens, could you paste it here? It would help a ton!

Thank you, I'll check it out!

In the meantime, could you do me another favour? If you right click Terraria in Steam and click Properties..., a window should pop up. Could you click the Set Launch Options... button and write this in it:

View attachment 271353

That should enable error logging. If you get the error again, it should show up in a log in the Log folder I mentioned before. If that happens, could you paste it here? It would help a ton!
Hello again. it seems like my game was on cloud save and so the file i sent you didnt actually have my save and world, sorry about that.
I played a bit more after moving my saves back to local and it seems the crash happens regardless of anything happening (but was strangely getting triggered everytime i mined in that first situation i described in the start of this post), so my game just randomly crashed again while i wasnt doing anything underground.

I did the log thing you said so i have this file with all the actual local saves and the logfiles.

Attachments

• saves2.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom