Meh...

Infyrin

Terrarian
Okay, look, I love the content update that the developers have put in an awful lot of work into. But, I quite frankly, still feel and experience the same troublesome issues I've always had about my experiences with Terraria. Since 2013.

Why can't we put anything on platforms that are hammered down to be a lower flatter surface?

Why is there now a stupid timer countdown after you die? That honestly is just salt in the wound when having to even wait after you get killed, during tense moments and you just want to get right up and resume?

And for feedback for the dungeons - SCREW THEM!! The false flooring and walls give the dungeons more cheapness to die in than before. Not like they're packed with mobs and hazards or anything.

Still can't smelt bars back to ores.

Just more things. Ugh...

Why can't we put anything on platforms that are hammered down to be a lower flatter surface?

Well, this will be a technical thing. You would either make the grid double the size with half-sized blocks or the thing you want to put on would float in the air.

Why is there now a stupid timer countdown after you die? That honestly is just salt in the wound when having to even wait after you get killed, during tense moments and you just want to get right up and resume?

The time to respawn remained the same, didn't it? It's just an information how long it will be, but the time should be the same like it was before. And many asked for that, especially on higher difficulties (where it will take longer to respawn)

And for feedback for the dungeons - SCREW THEM!! The false flooring and walls give the dungeons more cheapness to die in than before. Not like they're packed with mobs and hazards or anything.

I really like the new feature. I fell into a trap hole once, a lesson to learn. But at the time you enter the dungeon you should be already fine with hooks and stuff.

Still can't smelt bars back to ores.

Why would you do that?

Well, this will be a technical thing. You would either make the grid double the size with half-sized blocks or the thing you want to put on would float in the air.

That's not really a good solution.

The time to respawn remained the same, didn't it? It's just an information how long it will be, but the time should be the same like it was before. And many asked for that, especially on higher difficulties (where it will take longer to respawn)

My complaint was about how there's still an annoyingly long time to respawn. Am I in an AFPS game or Terraria? Where am I? What is this game? I don't see the point in having a countdown timer.

Why would you do that?

Furniture? Re-craft? Why would those be bad things?

You see, I'm still finding things wrong that could either be improved better on a technical matter or things that just simply were still around since as far as I remember it when I first played way back in 2013. I don't honestly know who the developers are listening to in the community, but as a player who always scopes out for a game's capability to achieve things by mechanics, I'm disappointed. I'll say that things like simply replacing a block on top of another block so you don't have to use a pickaxe all the time - cool, I like that. However, why do we still have to scroll down an agonizingly long list of things to craft? Why can't items to be crafted, like bones for example, be restricted to the Bone Welder? Why should the work bench cover some of the things for bone? But I do like some of the expansions of crafting. It's always a one step forward but two steps back situational matter with me about this game.

Who are the developers listening to, I wonder? I'm baffled and disappointed.

XBOX Console Terraria used to have an instant respawn, back in the day. There was actually zero challenge as me and my brother created bedrooms in boss arenas to re-spawn in a fight, and as such, the boss had no time to leave before we where back at it, meaning we could just cheese them by constantly re-spawning. The respawn timer is there to handicap the player a little, jumping back into things instantly would negate the impact of death to begin with, if you're always just playing on classic- why even have death if you're back immediately? I can concede that maybe the timer should scale lower based on radially how far you die from your set spawn, but the timer is there for a reason.

I hate the new Dungeon fake wall. Mainly 2 things.

- Enemy can clip/phase through wall if it already have some hole.
- It's take AGE to get rid of it. Unless you drop a pile of sticky dynamite on them.

If they are not everywhere I'll be less annoy by them. But this much make me feel like half of dungeon is bury in dirt. I actually surprise when I find it the first time. It's neat and cool, but after keep getting hit by those wall .... its get stale real quick.

I don't know, I feel like most feature in Journey's End is rush over. Everything is great, but always have something that make it..... feel unsettling.

Back
Top Bottom