Standalone [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

1. download the big fix update (the most bottom .zip from your screenshot)
2. download fresh tmodloader from steam
3. take everything from that .zip that you downloaded and put it into the folder where tmodloader got installed (when it asks you to replace files say yes to everything)
4. Rename tModLoader.exe to something else (i.e tModLoader_2.exe) then rename Terraria.exe to tModLoader.exe (letters have to be all the same way as i wrote here)
5. look where your terraria.1.4 is installed aka. Vanilla terraria and look for "Content" folder everything that is in this folder you copy into a "Content" folder that is located in tmodloader folder but when it asks you to replace files skip it
6. Always always start it from the tModLoader.exe from folder never through steam (won't work)
And that should be pretty much it

i tried

Attachments

• 1590166691154.png
    1590166691154.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 282
You've done something wrong because in screenshot it says tModLoader v0.11.7.2 which is version of the 32bit terraria while 64bit has version 0.11.6.2... make sure you use replace files correctly and rename .exe correctly and launch it from the correct .exe (what was once Terraria.exe should be tModLoader.exe which you use to launch the game)

64bit tmod feels pretty useless right now, all mods keep saying they require the updated tmodloader to function.

I'm sure they'll get to it as quickly as they can. It's not ideal that they can't really work on the mod until the update to the game is released, and of course that ensures a delay until we're able to use it.

When any bosses from afk pets or some mobs from old one's army spawn, shortly after the game crashes with this error:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.<>c__DisplayClass177_0.<SetVertexBufferData>b__0()
at DMD<Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice::ForceToMainThread>(OpenGLDevice , Action )
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.GLCallLocker.HookForceToMainThread(orig_ForceToMainThread orig, Object self, Action action)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.UpdateVertexBuffer(Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.FlushBatch()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

I tried updating graphics card's drivers to this month's, but it didn't help. Any ideas of how to fix this?

1. download the big fix update (the most bottom .zip from your screenshot)
2. download fresh tmodloader from steam
3. take everything from that .zip that you downloaded and put it into the folder where tmodloader got installed (when it asks you to replace files say yes to everything)
4. Rename tModLoader.exe to something else (i.e tModLoader_2.exe) then rename Terraria.exe to tModLoader.exe (letters have to be all the same way as i wrote here)
5. look where your terraria.1.4 is installed aka. Vanilla terraria and look for "Content" folder everything that is in this folder you copy into a "Content" folder that is located in tmodloader folder but when it asks you to replace files skip it
6. Always always start it from the tModLoader.exe from folder never through steam (won't work)
And that should be pretty much it
I was running a tmodloader from steam, but it gave me error that i did not had enough memory which i obviously had,
This helped me alot and it does not give me the error anymore but i still have only one issue.
When i moved everything from vanilla terraria content folder it looks like i am missing some textures characters don't have arms and i am not seeing hud but i could easily generate a world and play on it but without hud and stuff it is unplayable...

I was running a tmodloader from steam, but it gave me error that i did not had enough memory which i obviously had,
This helped me alot and it does not give me the error anymore but i still have only one issue.
When i moved everything from vanilla terraria content folder it looks like i am missing some textures characters don't have arms and i am not seeing hud but i could easily generate a world and play on it but without hud and stuff it is unplayable...
because vanilla terraria content folder is 1.4. You need to also move content folder from steam tmodloader and when it asks replace all say yes

I'm currently having issues installing the 64 bit version of the big fix update tmodloader both manually and via steam, as when attempting to install on steam i click the install button on the store page but all it does is refresh the page and im currently trying to install it manually but keep being met with this issue
1590329229227.png

My husband wanted me to post this. I have no idea how to help with this, so any questions, keep in mind I do NOT know any fixes. He does, but he barely plays the game. . He spent a few hours until he read NKSHV's post, and he was so appreciative he posted the following:

Thank you NKSHV from post #694 on Wednesday at 10:50 AM (This just expands his or her post... don't know you but I think you gave the best answer)

The installation is in fact even easier - just unpack tmodloader 64 to any empty folder, move to that folder:
content folder from steam tmodloader
and than content folder from steam terraria without replacing and that is it.

---

* Tested on 5/25/2020 and might break if there are any updates (worked as of 5/25/20)
* Install tModLoader from Steam if you haven't already for step 3
* Get a copy of Terraria before it was upgraded so you can copy the content directory on step 4 (I didn't take the time to upgrade it to version 1.4 to see if it breaks but the earlier version works fine / someone else can test if they've already upgraded to 1.4 to see if it works with no issues) *As long as it's LEGAL*

1) Create a new Terraria directory (example C:\Games\Terraria)

2) Extract Archive-e298.zip (That's your 64bit branch of TModLoader that's at the beginning of the thread)

3) Copy the tModLoader Content directory in your tModLoader folder (something like C:\[YOUR_STEAM_DIRECTORY]\steamapps\common\tModLoader which you can get from tModLoader Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files...) / File named tModLoaderContent.zip

4) Extract TerrariaContent.zip which is my wife's Terraria Content directory that she didn't update to 1.4)

5) Launch Terraria.exe from the new Terraria directory (example C:\Games\Terraria)

---

Bonus (how to create a Desktop Shortcut or Start Menu icon... lots of ways to do this so I'll give a working example):
Find the Terraria.exe file in your Terraria directory like C:\Games\Terraria\Terraria.exe and right click then Send to Desktop (this creates your desktop shortcut)
Go to your Desktop and locate that Shortcut then right click to rename it to Terraria if you want (this gets rid of extra wording on the shortcut but isn't required)
Use that icon to launch Terraria

* You can also right click on that desktop shortcut icon and select Pin to Start then delete the desktop shortcut icon if you prefer to launch it from your Windows 10 Start Menu (not necessary but cleaner in my opinion)

My husband wanted me to post this. I have no idea how to help with this, so any questions, keep in mind I do NOT know any fixes. He does, but he barely plays the game. . He spent a few hours until he read NKSHV's post, and he was so appreciative he posted the following:

Thank you NKSHV from post #694 on Wednesday at 10:50 AM (This just expands his or her post... don't know you but I think you gave the best answer)

The installation is in fact even easier - just unpack tmodloader 64 to any empty folder, move to that folder:
content folder from steam tmodloader
and than content folder from steam terraria without replacing and that is it.

---

* Tested on 5/25/2020 and might break if there are any updates (worked as of 5/25/20)
* Install tModLoader from Steam if you haven't already for step 3
* Get a copy of Terraria before it was upgraded so you can copy the content directory on step 4 (I didn't take the time to upgrade it to version 1.4 to see if it breaks but the earlier version works fine / someone else can test if they've already upgraded to 1.4 to see if it works with no issues) *As long as it's LEGAL*

1) Create a new Terraria directory (example C:\Games\Terraria)

2) Extract Archive-e298.zip (That's your 64bit branch of TModLoader that's at the beginning of the thread)

3) Copy the tModLoader Content directory in your tModLoader folder (something like C:\[YOUR_STEAM_DIRECTORY]\steamapps\common\tModLoader which you can get from tModLoader Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files...) / File named tModLoaderContent.zip

4) Extract TerrariaContent.zip which is my wife's Terraria Content directory that she didn't update to 1.4)

5) Launch Terraria.exe from the new Terraria directory (example C:\Games\Terraria)

---

Bonus (how to create a Desktop Shortcut or Start Menu icon... lots of ways to do this so I'll give a working example):
Find the Terraria.exe file in your Terraria directory like C:\Games\Terraria\Terraria.exe and right click then Send to Desktop (this creates your desktop shortcut)
Go to your Desktop and locate that Shortcut then right click to rename it to Terraria if you want (this gets rid of extra wording on the shortcut but isn't required)
Use that icon to launch Terraria

* You can also right click on that desktop shortcut icon and select Pin to Start then delete the desktop shortcut icon if you prefer to launch it from your Windows 10 Start Menu (not necessary but cleaner in my opinion)
1 I like ur avatar picture, 2 I’m on windows

Back
Top Bottom