Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Currently Applies only to 1.4.0.2
PC Win10
Single player
Keyboard+Mouse

Will update with more as I find them/remember what they are

1. Pumpkin Seeds can only be planted going from Right to Left. Attempting to plant them the other way, the game forces a 1-block gap between them.
  2. Pumpkins break instantly when hit with any projectile or tool like grass.
  3. Placement preview for Shells and Sea Stars is unreliable. May also affect other decorations not found by me yet.
  4. Tails and Cloaks do not appear to show anything when equipped. Issue possibly tied to Wings? Toggling visibility of wings did not appear to do anything.
  5. Zoologist inconsistently shows Thunderstorm dialogue despite thunderstorm music playing and associated visual/sound effects.
+1 other bug I forgot what was.

Not bugs, but figured would mention:

1. Underground desert music sounds like Boss Music, I immediately exited the world as it was a new character at the time.
  2. Ditto, with Underground Jungle.
  3. Torch Luck Mechanic is too opaque and hidden. Not certain if also applies to campfires.

1. We are looking into the Pumpkin Seed planting issue
2. Fully grown pumpkins break now when hit
3. "unreliable" in what regard, that the shape they take may be different from the preview? I think that is intended for some randomized tile types
4. Vanity slot items can only show if those slots are not taken, and certain slots can block others. Right now, ANY back slot blocks tails, though we are discussing some workarounds to make it a little more flexible.
5. Zoologist and other NPCs won't say special event dialogue 100% of the time, its just added to their dialogue pool

2. Fully grown pumpkins break now when hit
3. "unreliable" in what regard, that the shape they take may be different from the preview? I think that is intended for some randomized tile types
4. Vanity slot items can only show if those slots are not taken, and certain slots can block others. Right now, ANY back slot blocks tails, though we are discussing some workarounds to make it a little more flexible.

2. Oh huh. Makes it kinda hard to decorate with them if they break on hit. I was thinking something like that should have been reserved for the Staff of Regrowth or something.
3. Unreliable in the sense that what the preview for Books and Sandcastles 100% places what it shows, and if I want a different one, I just wobble the cursor around until I see the one I want. Shells and Sea stars may have gained another possible appearance and the previewer was not given the memo.
4. Good to know, I hope it works out.

------------------------------------------------------------

Remembered the ones I forgot:

1. Banners in front of back walls but without any blocks around them do not sway in the wind. This applies even if only 1/3 blocks the banner takes up has a back wall behind it.
  2. Sticky bombs/dynamite are highly inconsistent in their ability to stick to things. When thrown straight up at a ceiling for example, when grappled to the ceiling or even flying up against a ceiling, they stick maybe 1/3rd of the time.
I may encounter more over time and reply again.

Thank you for your quick reply! Liking the update so far! (Wish Luck and Torches were more transparent, though).

EDIT:
3. Baby Finch Summon can't fly down through platforms.

Last edited:
@Leinfors

Version: 1.4.0.3
PC Win10
Single player
Keyboard+Mouse

1. Slime Rain spawns Slimes and King Slime even if Mob Spawns are disabled via Journey Mode.
  2. When Lightning Strikes in the Graveyard, rain or static can be heard for slightly less than a second afterward. May not be audible without quality headphones.
  3. Placement Preview for Seashells and Sea Stars is still unreliable. Catacombs, Sand Castles, Explosives, Books, Presents, Big Presents, and gems all have an accurate preview of what will be placed when you click to place them (Barring left/right mirroring). So Shells and Stars are inconsistent.

1. Wind impacted stuff needs to be entirely uncovered by back walls to sway in the wind, its all or nothing.
2. We are fixing the Sticky Bomb thing for the next hotfix :)
3. Slime Spawns from the invasion do not actually function on the "spawn rate" system, even with our internal debug commands. This is currently working as intended, but we may look into changing it in the future.

I'll look into the Finch and Seashell thing. I'll have to be able to repro the Lighting strike thing.

1. Wind impacted stuff needs to be entirely uncovered by back walls to sway in the wind, its all or nothing.
2. We are fixing the Sticky Bomb thing for the next hotfix :)
3. Slime Spawns from the invasion do not actually function on the "spawn rate" system, even with our internal debug commands. This is currently working as intended, but we may look into changing it in the future.

I'll look into the Finch and Seashell thing. I'll have to be able to repro the Lighting strike thing.
Thank you!

@Leinfors

Version: 1.4.0.4
PC Win10
Single player
Keyboard+Mouse

A couple extremely minor bugs/inconsistencies I noticed a while back but completely forgot until recently about because they're literally that minor. Mentioning them here for completion's sake:

1. A Plant in a flower pot indoors behind a door breaks when the door is opened from the outside and the player is facing the 'wrong' direction.
  2. The Hive wand is in the "Blocks" section of the Duplication Menu, but the Hive Blocks it places are not. (This one may not actually be a bug, but I figured I would mention it. I got confused when I could not find them in the 'Blocks' tab. Perhaps double list it? Both in 'Blocks' and 'Materials' where it currently resides?)

Thanks again for everything!
Liking the sticky explosives fix, they have been performing very well!

Not sure about the plant thing, will need to look into it.

IMO, I plan to do a heavy review of the Duplication menu sorting and tabs, and we'll probably add some new tabs too.

Btw, we fixed the Finch thing for the next hotfix!

Not sure about the plant thing, will need to look into it.

IMO, I plan to do a heavy review of the Duplication menu sorting and tabs, and we'll probably add some new tabs too.

Btw, we fixed the Finch thing for the next hotfix!

Hooray! Thank you so much!

Version: 1.4.0.4
PC Win10
Single player
Keyboard+Mouse

Just visual stuff this time around:
  1. When holding the Flamelash's fireball in place (Holding mouse), and then either standing still, walking around, or moving the mouse just a tiny bit, causes the new animated flame trail to shoot from the top left corner of the screen to the mouse position where the ball is. I suspect the top-left corner of our screen is 0,0 and the fire ball starts there every frame or something and is relocated to our mouse position, and the flame trail usually doesn't have time to trace that relocation but waiting long enough keeping the fireball in one place, the flame trail eventually gets an opportunity to draw that "movement". But I don't know for certain.
  2. When just barely underground during a Thunderstorm, and the sky is completely obscured either by walls, block, or the "underground" background, there is a "Impending Doom"-like screen shale every time Lighting flashes. Going deeper underground or surfacing causes the effect to diminish.

Thanks for the two additional reports!
The Flamelash's flame trail issue is a known issue.

For the thunderstorm, I've seen a similar report where areas are inappropriately lit up. Are you using Retro or Trippy lighting? There seems to be an issue with those lighting settings plus thunderstorm and being in the underground layer.

Thanks for the two additional reports!
The Flamelash's flame trail issue is a known issue.

For the thunderstorm, I've seen a similar report where areas are inappropriately lit up. Are you using Retro or Trippy lighting? There seems to be an issue with those lighting settings plus thunderstorm and being in the underground layer.
Using White lighting.

I would generally prefer if reports were made in different threads, if that's alright. It makes it easier to review/close them individually. :)

Back
Top Bottom