PC Grinding bosses & minibosses in mastermode is not fun

ValetVald

Terrarian
I know most people play in multiplayer and have no issue getting items they want, but please hear me out.
Grinding bosses stopped being fun. I killed my 25th golem to get my first eye of the golem. Yet I still haven't found a sun stone. The issue isn't the boss fight being challenging (it's not), the issue is that it's not fun to do it 25 times and still not being able to move on.
Please, make golem drop 2 items, one from the weapons pool and one from the accessories & tools pool. I mean, add sunstone, eye of the golem and picksaw to the 2nd pool and make its drop chance 100%.
I am convinced that there's something wrong with the loot tables in journey's end, because it didn't happen in previous updates, but it might not be true. Anyway, I still would like this to be addressed. I had the same issue farming daedalus stormbow and xenopopper (yeah I still can't get a xenopopper after ~25 saucer kills), hence why I suspect loot tables were revised in 1.4. But there's no way for me to confirm it anyway.

It is possible to roll 1,000 dice and not get a 6
I don't deny it. It doesn't change the fact that golem has very large loot pool of items that aren't useful for all classes (if useful at all), while there are 2 items required to craft accessories that everyone wants. And the chance to get said items is very low. And if you search how to get more batteries for summon, the most efficient way is generating new worlds, looting them and deleting. It's getting absurd. It shouldn't be this way.

Don't treasure bags drop on master mode? They do at least in Journey Mode. There is an easy solution beat the boss a few times amassing a bunch of treasure bags then hold off on opening those treasure bags opting instead to save and exit. Then come back in and open the treasure bags restarting if you don't get the items you are looking for Alt F4. When the game gets tedious for me this is the situation I default to. Its how I finally got a hotline fishing rod in 1.3 The Bone rattle from the BoC, the Needle Burst from Plantera(Not because I ever wanted to use it but because I am a completionist and the fact that I got The fing Axe before I got that trashy weapon) and yes Golem is one of the greatest offenders second only to Moon Lord. Which naturally takes the 1st place prize due to sheer tedium and tears of actually getting those treasure bags in the first place.

Personally I agree Golem and Plantera in particular (Moon lord too but Relogic doesn't seem likely to change that and at least they added an actually good expert mode item now) have crowded loot pools I think this could be somewhat rectified if they decoupled the tools and accessories from the weapons just like they did for the WoF where emblems and weapons have separate rolls in Expert mode treasure bags.

You may really had bad luck. I killed 14 golems in master mode and got every item he drops (including 3 eyes of golem and 2 sunstone) except the earth staff

Don't treasure bags drop on master mode? They do at least in Journey Mode. There is an easy solution beat the boss a few times amassing a bunch of treasure bags then hold off on opening those treasure bags opting instead to save and exit. Then come back in and open the treasure bags restarting if you don't get the items you are looking for Alt F4. When the game gets tedious for me this is the situation I default to. Its how I finally got a hotline fishing rod in 1.3 The Bone rattle from the BoC, the Needle Burst from Plantera(Not because I ever wanted to use it but because I am a completionist and the fact that I got The fing Axe before I got that trashy weapon) and yes Golem is one of the greatest offenders second only to Moon Lord. Which naturally takes the 1st place prize due to sheer tedium and tears of actually getting those treasure bags in the first place.
Cheating dosn't solve the problem though. Btw I never got the hotline fishing rod in the first place, lol. But I don't think my luck is that bad, I have got 3 biome keys and rod of discord pretty easily, and I don't even count stuff I got from idle farming. The problem is only with the bosses, which can only drop 1 item from a long list of items. Though I admit there are some issues with snow queen's not even dropping a relic, maybe it only drops on final wave or something.
Personally I agree Golem and Plantera in particular (Moon lord too but Relogic doesn't seem likely to change that and at least they added an actually good expert mode item now) have crowded loot pools I think this could be somewhat rectified if they decoupled the tools and accessories from the weapons just like they did for the WoF where emblems and weapons have separate rolls in Expert mode treasure bags.
The separate pool is already implemented for picksaw (which isn't even necessary for progression). All I want is for accessories to be moved to that secondary pool.

Cheating doesn't solve the problem though. Btw I never got the hotline fishing rod in the first place, lol. But I don't think my luck is that bad, I have got 3 biome keys and rod of discord pretty easily, and I don't even count stuff I got from idle farming. The problem is only with the bosses, which can only drop 1 item from a long list of items. Though I admit there are some issues with snow queen's not even dropping a relic, maybe it only drops on final wave or something.

The separate pool is already implemented for picksaw (which isn't even necessary for progression). All I want is for accessories to be moved to that secondary pool.
Technically I don't think it qualifies as cheating as cheating is breaking the rules of the game this is an exploit not a cheat.

It’s not at all broken it is RNG a random number generator. It randomly chooses what time you get and such, it doesn’t matter if you get really lucky with other things that doesn’t effect it at all, it’s just RNG and you are just not able to get it like that.
There is absolutely no way to fix this, because no matter what (besides 100%) it depends on that RNG roll to see what you get.

Grinding in general isn’t fun. It’s a chore.

I doubt Terraria uses RN, so blaming the odds for loot tables just doesn’t make any sense. You said around 25 martian saucers have been defeated and no xenopopper dropped. That’s still probable. People blame things on RNG all the time and there is no definitive way to prove anything.

You shouldn't get too caught up on obtaining a specific item, no weapon/accesory is necessary to beat the game, just play around with what the rng throws at you.

Back
Top Bottom