Blocks & Decoration Several echo items

Humerror

Steampunker
I know it sounds useless, but imagine how great this would be for building.
Echo platforms, crafted from echo blocks (in a graveyard) would act as a normal platform, but invisible. Do it for the floating torches!
New Piskel-1.png.png
item
Echo walls, again crafted in a graveyard would allow for the appearance of a 'hole' in the background of a house. Its self explanatory.
Wood_Platform.png
Item
Candy_Cane_Wall_(placed).png
Placed

Echo torches: Like a torch, but invisible. How awesome would invisible lighting be? Obviously crafted from gel and echo blocks.
New Piskel-1.png (1).png
Placed

It may have already been suggested, but this is just my take on it.

Attachments

• Candy_Cane_Wall_(placed).png
    Candy_Cane_Wall_(placed).png
    2.1 KB · Views: 125
  • New Piskel-1.png (1).png
    New Piskel-1.png (1).png
    360 bytes · Views: 116
  • New Piskel-1.png.png
    New Piskel-1.png.png
    423 bytes · Views: 135
Did you mean ecto? As in the ecto mist from the graveyard? Because they all say "echo". But yeah, this is a really cool idea, and if you play with calamity then you can make a broken-down, abandoned kinda looking house for the zombie NPC.

Last edited:
Echo Blocks are purchased from the Cyborg in the graveyard biome which features Ecto Mist, yes. Two similar names associated with each other at some point. I can see the torches being made from the Echo Blocks though.

Seriously though, this is a phenomenal thing, and I really do think that Terraria could benefit from it.

I also personally think that we shouldn't even be able to mine any of these or interact with them (Short of walking on them and being affected by them.) without the Spectre Goggles on. That way set-piece scenarios can remain unaffected by those lacking Spectre Goggles.

Echo Blocks are purchased from the Cyborg in the graveyard biome which features Ecto Mist, yes. Two similar names associated with each other at some point. I can see the torches being made from the Echo Blocks though.

Seriously though, this is a phenomenal thing, and I really do think that Terraria could benefit from it.

I also personally think that we shouldn't even be able to mine any of these or interact with them (Short of walking on them and being affected by them.) without the Spectre Goggles on. That way set-piece scenarios can remain unaffected by those lacking Spectre Goggles.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I haven't fully read the change log or been on the wiki since the update lol

Full support ahead!
The lack of platforms got me...
...then reading this I have realized that for some reason there are no Echo walls!
Now, now I feel we need the Torches too. That would make for a great way to put lighting where we want it without adding too much to the pictures.

I could be wrong, but I think I recall them saying that the Illuminant paint used up the last paint slot. So no more paint for us. That's okay.
Craft it from echo blocks and whatever, like white paint.
Terraria has a crafting system Relogic seem to have forgot in the past.
(One of my triggers is that every new boss drops a plethora of inventory fillers instead of a single metal/material. Why is that Relogic doesn't want us to craft things? I remember the good old times when bosses had no weapon drops and such, only the materials used to make those weapons!)

Agreed, it would really bother me if someone were to mess up my set builds accidentally. Perhaps barring them from even being broken when not wearing goggles could be an option too.

Full support, seemed like something that was overlooked and should've been added along with the blocks. Also, I think the Spectre Goggles should be an inventory accessory, allowing a toggle on the left. Perhaps it could also be used in a tinker of sorts, maybe combining with the Architect Gizmo Pack to create a post-Plantera building accessory?

Still hoping for echo paint, so you can make anything invisible
I was just about to create a post suggesting this very thing.
I could be wrong, but I think I recall them saying that the Illuminant paint used up the last paint slot. So no more paint for us. That's okay.
You could make it in a dye vat by mixing illuminant and shadow paints maybe?
Perhaps barring them from even being broken when not wearing goggles could be an option too.
That's clever, that would solve a lot of issues.

Craft it from echo blocks and whatever, like white paint.
Terraria has a crafting system Relogic seem to have forgot in the past.
Not that kind of paint slot: Terraria uses a very small amount of space to store which color a tile is painted, and adding any new paints beyond Illuminant Paint would require that space to be expanded, which is inconsequential until you remember Terraria worlds have a lot of tiles.

Agreed, it would really bother me if someone were to mess up my set builds accidentally. Perhaps barring them from even being broken when not wearing goggles could be an option too.
You could simply use a Pressurator + Actuation Rod combo, or the Grand Design. Solid invisible blocks are a game changer anyway, so if you want to make them walk-through, use actuators.

Back
Top Bottom