tModLoader Equivalent Exchange

Gortart

Terrarian
Equivalent Exchange is recipe + content mod that involves around adding new recipes and items that remove some of the randomness of the game.

Features
0. Configurations
Many of the recipes/items in the mod can be toggled on and off.
Equivalent Exchange also makes blood crawlsers drop worm teeth and bunny/squirrels drop small leathers(4 of them can be made into a leather) which can be toggled off.

1. Recipes, recipes!
Currnetly Equivalent Exchange adds 100s recipes for a lot of items. It starts from converting corruption items to crimson items and vice versa to making obsidian furnitures yourself.
All conversion recipes cost souls : the cost is 5% of combined value for the items.

2. Mundane Items!
Equivalent Exchange adds some mundane items which are just pure materials.
Currently there are mundane boots, charm, glove and wand.

3. Boss Tokens!
Equivalent Exchange adds boss tokens in the place of boss drops.
For example, beating moon lord will not drop any weapons and instead you will get a moon lord token which can be crafted into any of the moon lord drop.
Currnetly there are tokens for vanilla bosses, vanilla mimics, vanilla event bosses, thorium bosses, thorium mimics, calamity bosses(except for supreme calamitas) and calamity minibosses.

Initial Release

Fixed a few typos.

Added a lot of soul items.
Added boss tokens.
Removed boss conversion recipes.

Fixed the mod adding recipes without results.
Fixed soul influx not having a recipe

Fixed recipe exception if calamity and thorium are not loaded.

Changed mod description to better reflect current contents.

Fixed modded tokens not being autoloaded because I derped up

Now small leather stacks to 99.

Now all tokens stack to 99.

Now mimics actually drop expected token.
Reduced drop rate for worm tooth and small leathers.

Now players can collect souls in multiplayer.
Reduced drop rate for worm tooth again.
Now perforator and hive mind's expert boss bag drop tokens.

Soul items were removed as they are very hard to balance around and too overpowered with little farming

Last edited:
I feel like an idiot, but I'm extremely new to mods and I love the idea of this mod so I don't have to have 2 different worlds just to get ichor for the flasks.

I'm just confused as to how to even use it. I got the alchemist stone, but I don't understand how to use the stone to make stuff? There aren't any instructions other than "tons of recipes" but I can't figure out how to see them?

The only mods I have at this time is Calamity and Cheatsheet for recipes for Calamity because I'm new.

I feel like an idiot, but I'm extremely new to mods and I love the idea of this mod so I don't have to have 2 different worlds just to get ichor for the flasks.

I'm just confused as to how to even use it. I got the alchemist stone, but I don't understand how to use the stone to make stuff? There aren't any instructions other than "tons of recipes" but I can't figure out how to see them?

The only mods I have at this time is Calamity and Cheatsheet for recipes for Calamity because I'm new.
The recipes will not show up if you have insufficient souls(though recipe browser will stilll show them). You can get souls by killing monsters while having the alchemist's stone in your inventory.

The recipes will not show up if you have insufficient souls(though recipe browser will stilll show them). You can get souls by killing monsters while having the alchemist's stone in your inventory.

I have 18000 souls... how much does something cost?!

Where do I craft them? Just where I'd craft the normal item? At a demon altar?

I have 18000 souls... how much does something cost?!

Where do I craft them? Just where I'd craft the normal item? At a demon altar?
It's working for me. FYI you have to stand near an alchemy station. And I check the mod config too. You might have disabled recipes.

Oh, an alchemy table.

That might be something to add to your description on the mod browser because it really says nothing about that, and although it's an "alchemist stone", it's not my first idea to use an alchemy table. I could just be dumb though.

It would also be kind of nice for the conversion recipe to show the amount of souls that it'll use up, because all I see is "Crimtane = Demonite Bar".

Thank you for your help.

Oh, an alchemy table.

That might be something to add to your description on the mod browser because it really says nothing about that, and although it's an "alchemist stone", it's not my first idea to use an alchemy table. I could just be dumb though.

It would also be kind of nice for the conversion recipe to show the amount of souls that it'll use up, because all I see is "Crimtane = Demonite Bar".

Thank you for your help.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't think I can make the recipe show how much it costs. I'll fix the description for sure though.

Also, I read that there were tokens for calamity bosses, but I just killed the desert scourge and got no token, and when looking in cheatsheet's option for tokens, none of the calamity bosses are available, just mimics and vanilla bosses.

Just wanted to let you know, I've included a picture of all the tokens the game currently sees.

Attachments

• tokenpic.JPG
    tokenpic.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 242
Also, I read that there were tokens for calamity bosses, but I just killed the desert scourge and got no token, and when looking in cheatsheet's option for tokens, none of the calamity bosses are available, just mimics and vanilla bosses.

Just wanted to let you know, I've included a picture of all the tokens the game currently sees.
Thank for reporting it. It's now fixed.

Yes, I have the alchemist's stone in inventory and I'm hosting the server for multiplayer. Here, I include the gif for it
EE.gif

As you can see, I kill the King Slime but did not get the souls for it.

Yes, I have the alchemist's stone in inventory and I'm hosting the server for multiplayer. Here, I include the gif for it
As you can see, I kill the King Slime but did not get the souls for it.
Aye thanks for reporting it. It should work now in v. 1.0.1.8

Back
Top Bottom