Weapons & Equip Reduce the bars needed for pre-hardmode ore armor!

Do you think the cost of pre-hardmode armor should be reduced?

• Total voters

SkyanUltra

Terrarian
Since the beginning of Terraria, something has always been clear: pre-hardmode ore armor is an absolute noob trap. Why would you grind for 90 platinum just to get some defense, when you could get the same + more for at least getting somewhat close to beating EoW/BoC? In general, getting ore is a CHORE. It takes a ton of grinding to even get ONE piece of armor, let alone an entire set. So here's what I propose: LOWER THE COSTS!

It's very simple, really. reduce the costs for the early game ore armor and it'd overall make the armor not only more feasible to get without needing to cheat or use mods to increase ore spawn rates, but would also improve the overall experience of getting armor in multiplayer. Seriously, it's hell trying to get pre-hardmode ore armor in multiplayer.

You may be wondering, "How much should it be reduced by?" Personally, I feel that as it stands, all the armor should have their values reduced by 30 bars. You may think that's a large amount, and you'd be right, but it'd overall make the experience of trying to get this armor much faster and more fulfilling, as instead of requiring a whopping 360 Platinum Ore for a full set, you instead only need 240 Platinum Ore, which requires much less and overall reduces the massive amount of grinding and time spent in the caves just for some defense. At the least, for a full set of Copper you'd only need 90 Copper Ore, which is much more balanced for a set that's only very slightly better than some evil wood.

As stated, here is a TL;DR list of reasons why this benefits the players:
  • Less grinding
  • More feasible and useful in game
  • Improves multiplayer experience
  • NOOB TRAP ARMOR IS OVER!
That concludes my balance changes. Please, Re-Logic! I don't wanna grind for hours just to get 5 defense anymore!

Big agree. The armor costs made more sense back in the earlier versions of the game, but nowadays, compared to newer items in the progression its barely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom