Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I’ve read on the wiki that Fairy Boots make flowers that don’t critters upon being cut, unlike Flower Boots.

They actually do drop critters, believe it or not. Fairy Boots and Flower Boots make all grass stop dropping critters, but only while you're wearing them. You can get around this by equipping the boots, creating flowers, and unequipping them before cutting the flowers and harvesting the bait. You still can get instant bait from them, which makes the "exploit patching" they tried to do completely meaningless. My guess is that they did this to only stop people from getting bait at a surface level.

Truth. So much bother, though, compared to standing in one place holding the mouse button down. In any case: grasshoppers, ugh.

Truth. So much bother, though, compared to standing in one place holding the mouse button down. In any case: grasshoppers, ugh.
I mean, it's still easy to do though, especially if you use it on jungle grass. It at least gives a purpose to getting a jungle grass seed in early game so you can just create a flat plane of mud which is endless free bait.

I keep meaning to try that, but end up with plenty of commercial bait before too long. That and Enchanted Nightcrawlers — might as well use those worms efficiently! — pretty much take care of my hook-decoratin' needs. *grins*

That the boots only grow grass/flowers when moving is an intentional change. (Personally I liked being able to stand in one spot too...) However, I'm not sure if it was intentional that no critters spawn at all while wearing Flower/Fairy Boots. It doesn't seem right to me. I'll see if I can get confirmation.

That the boots only grow grass/flowers when moving is an intentional change. (Personally I liked being able to stand in one spot too...)
Better solution was to just nerf critters drop rate while wearing boots instead. Disbling critters at all was not the best idea, considering how spawn rates of golden creatures were lowered, so they became too rare. `:(

I've confirmed that while wearing Flower or Fairy Boots, critters no longer drop and this was intentional. It's to stop players getting easy bait. Though you can still run around with Boots to grow the grass, then take them off and harvest.

Better solution was to just nerf critters drop rate while wearing boots instead. Disbling critters at all was not the best idea, considering how spawn rates of golden creatures were lowered, so they became too rare. `:(
Personally, I don't think the Flower/Fairy Boots needed the critter nerf at all, but it's not my decision. :(
Individually, each type of gold critter has a lower spawn rate now. This was done to balance the new critters that were added. The chance of getting a golden critter of any type is slightly higher than it was before.

Back
Top Bottom