Should it be done or not?

• No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Guest735

Terrarian
I miss a powerful ranged weapon that goes through the blocks, Daedalus Stormbow is not that strong and the other three classes have powerful endgame weapons that go through blocks (solar eruption, lunar flare and stardust dragon).
The closest it gets is S.D.M.G. with chlorophyte bullets with the character hidden between blocks shooting through a block-sized hole.
Perhaps a powerful endgame ranged weapon that passes through blocks was not made because ranged weapons are weapons that hit a long distance, but still...

EDITED:
Even a simple ammunition weak in damage to compensate for the effect of going through blocks could serve.
In that case it would come with the versatility that you could use with various weapons.

Last edited:
maybe an upgraded sniper rifle? attacking through cover is exceptionally powerful and its DPS wouldn't be as high as if it were a machine gun for example

Celebration actually fit this niche. The area of effect on it easily could hit most enemies behind medium sized walls, but people were too busy about it being the "worst moon lord drop" to notice. (it also wasn't the worst moon lord drop. Imagine a weapon which has trouble hitting literally anything that moves... and is completely outclassed by an early hardmode weapon that isn't even considered particularly good... Yep, Rainbow Crystal Staff was and still is far worse.)

maybe an upgraded sniper rifle? attacking through cover is exceptionally powerful and its DPS wouldn't be as high as if it were a machine gun for example

A railgun, perhaps?

I'd like to see an upgraded sniper rifle: High instantaneous DPS (if computed over the time spent peeking from cover, or in this case when shooting from behind it), but mediocre average DPS.

Celebration actually fit this niche. The area of effect on it easily could hit most enemies behind medium sized walls, but people were too busy about it being the "worst moon lord drop" to notice. (it also wasn't the worst moon lord drop. Imagine a weapon which has trouble hitting literally anything that moves... and is completely outclassed by an early hardmode weapon that isn't even considered particularly good... Yep, Rainbow Crystal Staff was and still is far worse.)
I liked the celebration in 1.3, although the effect of going through blocks was not so true compared to the other three weapons of the other classes that I mentioned in the first post. Now celebration has much less damage, just not satisfactory in relation to the intention of this topic in my opinion.
I liked to use celebration in 1.3 against the monsters of the solar pillar, Selenian reflects non-rocket projectiles.
I haven't played this 1.4 yet as ranged-only-game just to experience the new celebration that comes from the moon lord.

A railgun, perhaps?

I'd like to see an upgraded sniper rifle: High instantaneous DPS (if computed over the time spent peeking from cover, or in this case when shooting from behind it), but mediocre average DPS.
Now I am quite convinced that a simple ammunition would be more viable, it would come with the versatility that you could use with various weapons.
The ammunition in question could be low in damage to compensate for the effect of going through blocks.
I'll even edit the topic.

I mean you could use mini nukes II, that way there will be no walls to hide behind :dryadnaughty:
I think you're kidding, of course destroying the scenario is a high price to pay for ignoring blocks in a fight.

I liked the celebration in 1.3, although the effect of going through blocks was not so true compared to the other three weapons of the other classes that I mentioned in the first post. Now celebration has much less damage, just not satisfactory in relation to the intention of this topic in my opinion.
I liked to use celebration in 1.3 against the monsters of the solar pillar, Selenian reflects non-rocket projectiles.
I haven't played this 1.4 yet as ranged-only-game just to experience the new celebration that comes from the moon lord.
Now I am quite convinced that a simple ammunition would be more viable, it would come with the versatility that you could use with various weapons.
The ammunition in question could be low in damage to compensate for the effect of going through blocks.
I'll even edit the topic.
I think you're kidding, of course destroying the scenario is a high price to pay for ignoring blocks in a fight.
Hi @Guest735, just a tip for going forward, it is much preferred if you use the Edit button to add more to your message, instead of making a new post. I’ve merged them into one for you.

I realize two of these were made around the same time, and one much later, but even still, please try to keep in mind using the Edit button in the future if you’re the last person that has posted.

Hi @Guest735, just a tip for going forward, it is much preferred if you use the Edit button to add more to your message, instead of making a new post. I’ve merged them into one for you.

I realize two of these were made around the same time, and one much later, but even still, please try to keep in mind using the Edit button in the future if you’re the last person that has posted.
Apparently when I edit a message here on this forum the button to put the "quote" automatically does not appear, in which case I must copy, delete and redo the post with the new "quote", but that's okay, if I remember I will try to put everything in one post.
EDITED:
Now I saw that I can put the new automatic "quote" in the draft of a new post, copy and put it in the edited post, it got better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom