Weapons & Equip High Damage, low RoF guns

The True Destroyer

The Destroyer
So I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a lack of bullet-firing guns with higher damage and lower rates of fire. Aside from the Musket and Sniper Rifle, all the other guns I see are more like machine guns, shotguns, miscellaneous behavior weapons (like Xenopopper) and then there are those strange ranged weapons that fire their own ammo which I can't be bothered to carry around. I discovered this when trying to make a build that went kinda like 'assassin', with high-power shots and low detection. Aside from the Sniper Rifle & stealth in Shroomite or Vortex armor, I havn't been able to complete this - I've everything but the weapon.
My suggestion is rather simple: Add more 'rifled guns'. More for precise aiming, less for gun-blazing rampage (which is fun in its own right, but that's beside the point.) Make such guns available throughout different stages of game progression.

I mean, if you can get used to bows like the Tsunami and Eventide, they actually fulfill this niche quite well (way TOO well, in fact). The Tsunami deals 300 (60x5 arrows) damage and fires only marginally more quickly than the sniper rifle. People really need to stop underestimating how powerful bows other than the Daedalus Stormbow can be...

I do like bows. Don't get me wrong there. Eventide isn't available for me as a mobile player, but I find Stormbow, while fun, to be ineffective in invasions due to my haphazardly-arranged housing blocks absorbing the arrows. Tsunami is like the second-most fun bow ever, and really powerful to top that.

Tsunami's problem is its wide arrangement of arrows, which doesn't allow for 'precision' as I'd like.

Back
Top Bottom