Working as Designed Impossible Bestiary Situation

• Corrupt/Crimson/Hallow pigron.
  • Sand Sharks: Sand Shark, Bone Biter, Flesh Reaver and Crystal Thresher (a bit frustrating to get given the rarity of sandstorms, mine only lasted 3 minutes).
Agreed, these can be quite tough to find. If you're playing on a small world, it can be difficult to find a big enough area to isolate and infect to get the enemies too.

Can't spawn fairies in 1.3 world.
Fairies will spawn underground, but they're still very rare.

Unless you are using seed 05162020/5162020 then the key of night will only spawn the mimic of the natural world evil, I believe. You'll need to spread some cavern layer Corruption into your Crimson world.
Correct - you can't use Keys of Night to spawn the opposite biome mimic. (Haven't tried the seed.) But they can spawn in the Underground/Cavern infected biomes as natural enemies.

Not if there are no Fallen Logs in the world - Fallen Logs don't exist in 1.3 worlds.
Fairies will spawn on the surface if there are logs. I don't think logs are required in the world for the underground ones.

Correct - you can't use Keys of Night to spawn the opposite biome mimic. (Haven't tried the seed.)
In 05162020, the game technically switches world evils every night. This means that the EoC will drop Demonite/Crimtane and Corrupt/Crimson seeds based on that, as well as for key of night, and for the Hardmode evil V. So it may be important to keep track of which evil it is at any given night on that world.

Thanks Gaelyte and Sigma90.

I stumbled upon a corrupt mimic in my underground farm the other day, guess I just need to be more patient :).
Found another Martian probe, just seemed like such a waste to have to kill it rather than get the loot from the event :/.

And with all that, you had no problem with the halloween skeleton variant ?
I'm playing with spawn*10 in master and it was hard to find them all in a day

Actually I just got those today. It took me 3 pumpkin moon event completions before I could get all the mobs :/
The dress up skeletons are particularly rare as they're meant to replace regular skeletons randomly. Which themselves become rare in HardMode. I don't see why the armored skeletons can't just wear a costume over that armor XD.

BTW anyone know how to get Antlion Larvae in a 1.3 world?

Last edited:
HM needs extreme RNG to spawn Angry Dandelion on surface on Windy Day. Like, it's unreal how many Windy Days I've gone without one.

Also, Halloween is locked to HM exclusive, but to get costume Skeletons, you need regular ones in Caverns. But they're replaced with Armored and Archer versions...

And I've never seen a Shroom Zombie in Underground Mushroom biome. Can't even remember when I saw a Shroom Skeleton too.

Certainly my fault, but so far as I know, I can't finish the bestiary in hardcore. Unless there's a way to get gravestones without dying. Maybe if NPC deaths made gravestones?

Certainly my fault, but so far as I know, I can't finish the bestiary in hardcore. Unless there's a way to get gravestones without dying. Maybe if NPC deaths made gravestones?

I just checked the wiki, it says as of 1.4.0.1 npcs drop tombstones when they die in a hardcore world

Huh. Never noticed that. But I do go out of my way to place NPCs where they won't be hurt. I'll have to change that, I guess.

Weird. I'd have thought I'd have noticed it with the guide at the very least. Or maybe Wall of Flesh doesn't count?

[EDIT]
Sure enough! Don't know if I just missed seeing it/them or if maybe the guide doesn't drop one for WoF. Or possibly there weren't two adjacent tiles to place one? I'll have to see. Maybe this weekend I'll have time.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom