tModLoader Readable Books - The next best thing since rideable rotating cylinders

hamstar

Terrarian
Note: Until further notice, this mod is now being worked on exclusively as part of my Adventure Mode set.

Readable Books
v1.3.0.1

Note: Requires Mod Libs

yyjME8i.png

Implements a Readable Book item. For v1.0, readable book items can only be created by way of API.

Future plans:
  • Suitable background for displayed pages.
  • A pen item for players to write new books freely.
  • A piece of paper (single page "book") item.
  • Placeable books and book shelves.
  • Magical books! A world of possibilities!

Source code available.

Installation

Requires tModLoader. Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.

Last edited:

Attachments

• ReadableBooks v1.0.0.1.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 185
  • ReadableBooks v1.3.0.1.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Very cool. Maybe add paper that can be crafted into books? That way you can have single text pages as well.

This has a ton of possibilities. It would be really cool to find a random book in the dungeon that had a story of someone that got caught down there and wrote a book about it lol.

Are there any plans for something like this?

This has a ton of possibilities. It would be really cool to find a random book in the dungeon that had a story of someone that got caught down there and wrote a book about it lol.

Are there any plans for something like this?
Yes. I plan to use read-only in my Adenture Mode mod.

Before knowing this mod, I used to put reminders/notes to sign-boards and place them inside my house or near the spawnpoint when I leave the game for months, that changed when I found this mod, I can now use this as my portable notepad, very convenient

Note: Until further notice, this mod is now being worked on exclusively as part of my Adventure Mode set. I will not be doing any additional features, changes, or fixes beyond the context of its use within Adventure Mode. General PRs are welcome, though.

Back
Top Bottom