Weapons & Equip Ancient Crimson Armor Counterpart

Trklntry

Terrarian
Ancient Shadow Armor has been in the game since 1.2, as of 1.4.0.5 there isn't a Crimson counterpart. To be fair though, the Crimson Biome itself had also freshly been added in this same update. It seems logical that there should also be an Ancient Crimson Armor partially replicating the older sprites of the Crimson Armor, as is with Ancient Shadow Armor. That being said, this inconsistency may be intentional game design to boost the difficulty of Crimson Worlds.

Many sprite updates for armor are extremely minor. Not enough to warrant a new set.
Ancient Shadow Armor is obtainable before killing any Boss. I'm more concerned with it just being logical, that there would be an Crimson Ancient Armor counterpart to the Corruption set. Like the Undertaker to the Musket.

They aren't perfectly balanced. The Corruption has no spear. The accessories are in totally different fields. It could be argued that one side's materials are more useful than the other. Although you are completely correct, the Crimson in many ways is more challenging than the Corruption. I don't know if this is intentional.

They aren't perfectly balanced. The Corruption has no spear. The accessories are in totally different fields. It could be argued that one side's materials are more useful than the other. Although you are completely correct, the Crimson in many ways is more challenging than the Corruption. I don't know if this is intentional.
I would say it's just a higher risk higher reward type of scenario (aside from notably the Worm Scarf). So I don't think it would make sense if the Biomes were balanced perfectly, this is precisely the reason why I don't excuse the possibility of the lack of a Ancient Crimson Set being intentional to force the player to either defeat the Brain of Cthulhu or get Gold/Platinum Armor for decent armor at this point in the game. Though I personally think it just makes progression Armor-wise more tedious rather than more difficult. Fighting the Brain might just be annoying to me since I've been playing Master and everything is just pain, even though I haven't fought it in Master yet since I play Corruption Worlds for the most part because the Worm Scarf helps sooth the wounds of Master Mode hits. Though I think adding the possibility to the Brain of Confusion to dodge hits, makes it a more balanced counterpart to the Worm Scarf.

I would say it's just a higher risk higher reward type of scenario (aside from notably the Worm Scarf).
Makes sense, come to think of it. I prefer corruption but whatever floats your boat.

Though I personally think it just makes progression Armor-wise more tedious rather than more difficult.
I think of Ancient Shadow not as something to grind for and replace Shadow with, but as a nice stopgap in case I happen to get it early-game when I need better armor.
~~
But having an ancient Crimson set would be quite helpful, now that I've turned the idea over a few times. I hate the Brain personally and I see why you'd want that.

I would say it's just a higher risk higher reward type of scenario (aside from notably the Worm Scarf). So I don't think it would make sense if the Biomes were balanced perfectly, this is precisely the reason why I don't excuse the possibility of the lack of a Ancient Crimson Set being intentional to force the player to either defeat the Brain of Cthulhu or get Gold/Platinum Armor for decent armor at this point in the game. Though I personally think it just makes progression Armor-wise more tedious rather than more difficult. Fighting the Brain might just be annoying to me since I've been playing Master and everything is just pain, even though I haven't fought it in Master yet since I play Corruption Worlds for the most part because the Worm Scarf helps sooth the wounds of Master Mode hits. Though I think adding the possibility to the Brain of Confusion to dodge hits, makes it a more balanced counterpart to the Worm Scarf.
Uh... Crimson armor is the strongest set in prehardmode because it boosts damage to every class while being tankier than Molten. An ancient set that drops from crimson enemies would be utterly insane. This would be beyond 1.3 reaver shark and meteor armor levels of powerful.

Uh... Crimson armor is the strongest set in prehardmode because it boosts damage to every class while being tankier than Molten. An ancient set that drops from crimson enemies would be utterly insane. This would be beyond 1.3 reaver shark and meteor armor levels of powerful.
I have to disagree, I don't see how a 6% damage increase is gamebreaking. The Reaver Shark completely skipped progression in pre-hardmode as far as pickaxes. The Meteor Armor Set was nerfed by becoming available later, now requiring the player to defeat EoW/BoC before Meteors spawn. Though I do think the Space Gun itself should be nerfed while the player has a full set of Meteor Armor on, like reduced rate of fire, lack of piercing, less damage, or all three since it's still gamebreaking. If Crimson Armor was that overpowered it would have been mega-nerfed in 1.4 like the Reaver Shark or the Brain of Cthulhu would've been buffed to oblivion.

It'd be easier to change how Ancient Shadow Armor is obtained by making is crafted at a Demon Altar similarly to how Ancient Hallowed Armor works. That way, the balance problem caused by Anciend Shadow Armor would be fixed.

It'd be easier to change how Ancient Shadow Armor is obtained by making is crafted at a Demon Altar similarly to how Ancient Hallowed Armor works. That way, the balance problem caused by Anciend Shadow Armor would be fixed.
That would be an easy fix I suppose. Though it should be noted that Ancient Hallowed Armor is the only "Ancient" Armor Set that isn't dropped by enemies.

It's the best defensive but the worst offensive.
+6% damage is really nothing in pre-hardmode, even Pumpkin armour beats it.
Molten armour gives +17% melee damage, Meteor armour gives +21% magic damage, and Necro has +15% ranged damage AND crit which are much more powerful offensive buffs.
But yeah Crimson armour's regen set bonus is pretty overpowered.

The armor does seem out of place. If you look at the items overall between the two, Corruption seems to favor more defensive and magic like styles. Crimson supports more offensive and melee styles. So wouldn't it make sense that the Crimson has a melee bonus armor pre Boss as opposed to the Corruption? I believe the Corruption existed first then later the Crimson was added. This might explain things.

The armor does seem out of place. If you look at the items overall between the two, Corruption seems to favor more defensive and magic like styles. Crimson supports more offensive and melee styles. So wouldn't it make sense that the Crimson has a melee bonus armor pre Boss as opposed to the Corruption? I believe the Corruption existed first then later the Crimson was added. This might explain things.
Yes you are correct, crimson came in 1.2.

Let me explain, corruption is easier than crimson, and the boss is easier too, 2 plataforms and ta da, and the ancient crimson armor wouldn't change anything in experience

Back
Top Bottom