tModLoader Stable, Complete, Content Mod Recommendations?

CharlieMHz

Terrarian
Hey guys, not exactly sure how I should've titled this thread, but the main gist is:
I'm looking for some content mod recommendations that have gone through updates to be "stable", i.e. no sudden breaking changes upcoming. It's also a plus if it's somewhat "completed", meaning there's no major update coming any time soon. I am aware that mods will always have updates, but I just want something that isn't gonna change while I'm halfway into that mod's playthrough.

A lot of mod don't have a dedicated place for changelogs, so it's hard for me to judge and know the progress. Therefore, I would like to seek the help and experience of you guys. Hope I was able to get my point across.

Side note: I plan to play Calamity and Thorium when tModLoader 1.4 gets released, but I don't know if I should wait until then? Or should I just play it now?

The mods I would recommend

Ultraconyx Mod (works fine on all versions despite tmod's occasional claims of it being for an older version)
Elemental unleash
JoostMod
Shadows of Abbadon
The split mod

Quality of life mods
Starter classes
Magic Storage
Recipe Browser
Boss Checklist
Vein Miner
Full Health respawn
Instant respawn
Yet another boss health bar
Health and mana from bosses (makes bosses drop heart crystals and mana stars so you can skip grinding for them)
Luiafk

other mods
Everything deserves a theme (makes all the bosses have their own music)
ChloroCrystal Bullets

In my opinion, the only completely stable, balanced and fun content mod is Thorium, the mod has great balancing and even works in Multiplayer, another content mod that is also worth looking at is Mod of Redemption, the bosses are fun and the balancing is pretty good, the mod also works in Multiplayer but has some minor issues

Edit: I dont recommend waiting for tModLoader 1.4, it will most likely still be 1 or more Months

stable and complete content mod? Thorium mod
In my opinion, the only completely stable, balanced and fun content mod is Thorium, the mod has great balancing and even works in Multiplayer, another content mod that is also worth looking at is Mod of Redemption, the bosses are fun and the balancing is pretty good, the mod also works in Multiplayer but has some minor issues

Edit: I dont recommend waiting for tModLoader 1.4, it will most likely still be 1 or more Months

Looks like Thorium it is, haha. I'm looking to try out the Bard class. I'll be playing solo though, so is there anything I need to know? Also, anything I should look out for, e.g. things during world generation, things to do/not to do?

The mods I would recommend

Ultraconyx Mod (works fine on all versions despite tmod's occasional claims of it being for an older version)
Elemental unleash
JoostMod
Shadows of Abbadon
The split mod

Quality of life mods
Starter classes
Magic Storage
Recipe Browser
Boss Checklist
Vein Miner
Full Health respawn
Instant respawn
Yet another boss health bar
Health and mana from bosses (makes bosses drop heart crystals and mana stars so you can skip grinding for them)
Luiafk

other mods
Everything deserves a theme (makes all the bosses have their own music)
ChloroCrystal Bullets

Will definitely check out these content mods, thanks for the suggestion!

Have the gamepedia page opened on the side whenever you’re confused, and be sure to check the class guide on thorium every once in a while to get the jist of what to do!

I would suggest my mod Single Fire Fix.
It makes it so single fire weapons don't ignore your inputs as much and allows maximum attack speed without insanely precise mouse click timing.

Back
Top Bottom