Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Got a problem with tedit, the sprites, in general, dont work. I can't see sprites in Tedit and I can't place them either.

I don't know if there is a specific solution for this or if someone more knowledgeable regarding TEdit troubleshooting would have a different answer but what I would do is simply disable your anti-virus while you extract the archive. I'm assuming when you said you tried to open the app, you meant open the archive (as in, the .zip file). Try to extract after anti-virus is disabled and if successful, just enable back afterwards. If it gives you issues (or even just appears anti-virus scans TEdit every time, causing delays) when trying to open the app (the TEdit.exe file), then you'll need to add an exception in anti-virus settings to stop it from scanning TEdit.
ok il try that

Help me pls.. I can't see textures, idk how some people actually does. I know that the problem has something to do about where Terraria is, but have no clue how to solve it

Attachments

• TEdit_uwdLGBPT5T.png
    TEdit_uwdLGBPT5T.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 667
  • ZyCyiSd1oG.png
    ZyCyiSd1oG.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 230
Help me pls.. I can't see textures, idk how some people actually does. I know that the problem has something to do about where Terraria is, but have no clue how to solve it
If you go to where you have TEdit installed, there will be a file called "settings.xml". Open that up and there is a section that is commented by default.
You can uncomment it (by deleting the "<!--" and "-->") then set the path to the content folder that is inside your Terraria folder.

TEdit Settings xml.JPG

I'm not sure if that'll solve it, but it is what i'd do, considering you are getting the message in the log saying it can't find Terraria.

It worked! After searching and doing that changes, the game took a minute to open, like past versions I used (probably because found the content), and now can see sprites/textures.
Really appreciate your help and the picture explaining it. Thank you Lord S. ! :dryadpassionate:

Attachments

• TEdit_deYXRYpxLN.png
    TEdit_deYXRYpxLN.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 366
If you go to where you have TEdit installed, there will be a file called "settings.xml". Open that up and there is a section that is commented by default.
You can uncomment it (by deleting the "<!--" and "-->") then set the path to the content folder that is inside your Terraria folder.

View attachment 285874

I'm not sure if that'll solve it, but it is what i'd do, considering you are getting the message in the log saying it can't find Terraria.
what do you mean by "then set the path to the content folder that is inside your terraria folder" ? i get the other stuff but the wording here is confusing me

what do you mean by "then set the path to the content folder that is inside your terraria folder" ? i get the other stuff but the wording here is confusing me
Yeah I understand the confusion, my mind was scrambled while typing that. What I mean is:
Replace the default listed path, to the path of the "Content" folder that is located inside your root Terraria installation folder. Which for most people (who bought Terraria with Steam and have Steam installed to their C: drive) would be:
C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content

In the image I posted above, you would delete all content on line# 115, and paste your location there.

Although, I imagine anyone who is even needing to mess with this are people who don't have Terraria installed to the "normal" location, as TEdit already looks there, I believe. For me, my install location is: "G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria" but have never had any issues with TEdit being able to find it. So it may be caused by something other than just an unordinary install location, I don't know.

Last edited:
i followed instructions and downloaded t-edit, and it said to open it you go to terraria, worlds, and then click the world you want, and it brought me to a thing that said what will you run t-edit on, i clicked note pad and it brought me to these lines of code, what do i do next?

I noticed there isn't a download for 1.2.4/1.2.4.1 and I need to make a truffle worm farm in that version. Any1 have the download link????
Also developing a strat for Duke Fishron and I might need that tEdit
/*Going back to 1.2 for a nostalgia trip.*/

Just curious, is there a way to use the copy tool where you only a specific thing within your selection?
By which i mean i always have it copying everything, but i want to only copy 1 layer not every layer.
I sometimes only want to copy the tile but i always end up grabbing the wall type and if i paste over something it will delete all layers inplace of whatever i have.

Basically i want to select what is copied similar to how i can disable the various options on the pencil/brush. The brush allows you to pick any of the available changes to a tile/wall at the click of a checkbox.
I'm doing a bit of a task in edit and it's painfully slow as i can't just copy the extra block edits and paste them around as needed.

So I have TEdit installed and working fine, and I just downloaded a plugin for it. Problem is idk where to extract the .zip file to. I have the TEdit folder in documents/my games. I haven't seen any info online about how to do this.
Also apologies if this is in the wrong category. First thread post and I'm sure to make the mistake in any forum I use at least once.

Back
Top Bottom