PC Where are all my unicorns spawning?

SolninjaA

Terrarian
Hey, I have been trying to get the Blessed Apple item but I need to kill lots of Unicorns, when I hurt one it says there is 20 around but there is actually none, do Unicorns spawn underground or what can I do to get them to spawn more?

Hey, I have been trying to get the Blessed Apple item but I need to kill lots of Unicorns, when I hurt one it says there is 20 around but there is actually none, do Unicorns spawn underground or what can I do to get them to spawn more?
First of all, the information you provided about hurting one showing more in the vicinity is likely incorrect. If you're referring to the Tally Counter or its upgrades, those log kills of the targeted enemy, not number of nearby enemies. You've probably killed 20 unicorns before.

As the previous user suggested, it is best to stay at the surface. Unicorns do not spawn in the Underground Hallow (Cavern layer, etc.) and increasing spawn rates helps greatly.

It depends on if you're looking at the radar or tally counter. The Radar only tells you how many enemies are nearby, but it doesn't tell you what type of enemy they are.

If it's the Tally Counter, it's as The True Destroyer says. it counts how many you've killed. Random drops don't work in giving you a drop from a certain amount of times you've killed an enemy. What the information from the Bestiary means is that if you kill a Unicorn, it has that % of a chance of dropping the item. It is possible to get 5 from killing 5 unicorns in a row, or having none after killing 1,000. The amount of times you've killed a unicorn before won't impact the chances of getting a drop from another one.

Back
Top Bottom