THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You modify the Terraria.exe to your patch are always applied when you launch the game even from Steam and you no longer need to use Terraria Tweaker.
You'll need to delete the Terraria.exe if you no longer want to use the patches though

You modify the Terraria.exe to your patch are always applied when you launch the game even from Steam and you no longer need to use Terraria Tweaker.
You'll need to delete the Terraria.exe if you no longer want to use the patches though
Can't you just verify game file integrity?

Thanks for the answer. Might be needing this because the game seems to get a bit laggy while the tweaker is open since i have several things running. Would it be possible to allow the helmets that give of light in the social slots without giving stats? Though i could just light buffs

Thanks for the answer. Might be needing this because the game seems to get a bit laggy while the tweaker is open since i have several things running.
I don't think TT2 is much to blame for the lag, the patcher only gets to work by changing stuff in the Terraria assembly (the internal code itself) at launch. When Terraria is launched, the patcher just sits there, doing nothing. I think Terraria is to blame here (or try looking it up in task manager, there may be underlying processes that eat up your memory). It's just open to check if the game is closed (It only does something when it is, which is to replace Terraria back to its original slate)

Also, @Gaelyte, would you continue the recipe helper development? (Not that I was actively waiting for it, just curious)

It's when the recipe is added, there's a graphical bug if I had a custom recipe because of this part of code
ItemSlot.Draw(spriteBatch, ref recipe[availableRecipe[focusRecipe]].requiredItem[num66], 22, new Vector2(num67, num68));
The recipe is set in a single-entry table while this call could be done and not make anything bug
ItemSlot.Draw(spriteBatch, recipe[availableRecipe[focusRecipe]].requiredItem, 22, num66, new Vector2(num67, num68));
But I don't find a way to do it in a clean way

Hi, Is there a way for me to modify the attribute (damage) of a specific attack move from a boss npc (e.g moon lord laser, fishron tornado)? Or is it yet to be implemented? Also wondering if we could modify how a specific enemy npc's damage and life is affected by the difficulty of a world (e.g lowering clown's damage in Master mode)?

Hi, Is there a way for me to modify the attribute (damage) of a specific attack move from a boss npc (e.g moon lord laser, fishron tornado)?
There is no pre-made tweak that can do that for you, but you can write a plugin that changes attributes of certain projectiles (i.e. Damage). Just find the internal name of the projectile attack (Either look it up online or use a decompiler), then set a new value to the desired variable, in this case, Damage. For the damages dealt by hotboxes (running into the boss), you can just set their damage by using the Omnipatcher.
Also wondering if we could modify how a specific enemy npc's damage and life is affected by the difficulty of a world (e.g lowering clown's damage in Master mode)?
There is a multiplier that is calculated after getting the base stat of an AI. You can look it up, but for reference, Journey mode is 0.5x, Normal mode is 1x, Expert mode is 2x, and Master modr is 3x. If you are tweaking hp and damage stats, it's important to keep in mind of the multiplier, as it may drastically change gameplay on different difficulties.

If you want a specific enemy's hp or damage stat to increase or decrease in a specific difficulty, you can use a plug-in to check the world difficulty, and changing the stats of the desired entity if the specific difficulty is present.

Ok so I finished the 1.2 of RecipeHelper and here it is with some new usages :
  1. NewRecipe.New
  2. newRecipe.SetIngridients
  3. newRecipe.SetCraftingStation
  4. Many newRecipe.Need/DownedSometing, I’ll let you read them, I don’t want to write them a second time
  5. NewRecipe.MaxRequirements
  6. If you add a bool requirement that already exists in an Existing Recipe, the requirement is removed instead
  7. existingRecipe.AddCraftingStationCondition
  8. existingRecipe.EditCraftingStation
  9. existingRecipe.RemoveCraftingStation
  10. Deleting in existingRecipes should now work
  11. newRecipe.Hidden

But I'm done for today with this plugin so I'll not provide the doc for now, I think the names are obvious enough anyway

Attachments

• RecipeHelper.cs
    26.5 KB · Views: 213
Would it be possible to add an option that changes the timer between the waves of the old ones army? For those that need healing it might help to heal up but aside from that it kinda steals time

Okay thanks man. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not learning the plugin system (i.e., being lazy). But i've been using the fact that you're making a tutorial for converting TranscendPlugins as an excuse to continue being lazy. Feel kinda bad considering everything you've put together to teach how to make plugins.
On another note, I promoted Terraria Tweaker 2 on the TModLoader thread recently in response to some people complaining that TModLoader hasn't been updated. I'm under the impression that the majority of ppl just don't know of TT2. I just don't see why anyone interested in modding Terraria wouldn't be using it.

Okay thanks man. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not learning the plugin system (i.e., being lazy). But i've been using the fact that you're making a tutorial for converting TranscendPlugins as an excuse to continue being lazy. Feel kinda bad considering everything you've put together to teach how to make plugins.
On another note, I promoted Terraria Tweaker 2 on the TModLoader thread recently in response to some people complaining that TModLoader hasn't been updated. I'm under the impression that the majority of ppl just don't know of TT2. I just don't see why anyone interested in modding Terraria wouldn't be using it.
Yeah I try to talk about TT2 each time I read or hear "modded Terraria is 1.3.5.3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom