IDG's Ultimate Modded Content Mod Tier List

#16: Crystilium
by @Graydee, @thegamemaster1234, Some Schmo, Movildima, Zygonic (forum page here)

Ah yes, Crystilium, an oldie: one of 1.3's oldest mods. This is one of those mods you really don't see anyone talking about anymore lately, and is considered dead by most people.
There isn't a whole lot to say about Crystilium as I feel it sticks to its roots of what it wants pretty well and doesn't stray off that path.

So... Crystilium is a small content mod that focuses on adding specific content in a smaller scope (think Celestial Skies, Ophioid). In this case: a new biome and expanding the content of just that biome as much as possible from the start of the game up to moonlord. There are some other content involved that isn't directly tied to the biome, but it's pretty far and few between.

All and all, it's a pretty solid mod that could fit into any mod pack. The only thing I'd have have to argue against it is: it's a dated mod with dated ideas, so by today's standards alot of Crystilium might look cliche repetitive.
Oh, and it was one of the first mods to have glowing shiny biomes, so that's cool.

Even though the mod is technically dead, I have seen it updating a few times over the year, so there's a good chance it may live on into 1.4, fingers crossed!

It gets a:
B

It's good, very good, but there just isn't really enough of it to warrant a higher grade. It kinda ends just as its getting good. Celestial Skies has just slightly more going for it to rank a tiny bit higher

@IDGCaptainRussia I'd recommend adding this disclaimer to the AA mod review:
"DISCLAIMER: Due to the recent drama on the Ancients Awakened discord, the AA devs have taken the mod down from the browser. It is currently unknown what will happen to it. Please refrain from asking questions about this as it may lead to drama."
Or something similar.
(Personally I think it was better than C+ but oh well it's gone now)

@IDGCaptainRussia I'd recommend adding this disclaimer to the AA mod review:
"DISCLAIMER: Due to the recent drama on the Ancients Awakened discord, the AA devs have taken the mod down from the browser. It is currently unknown what will happen to it. Please refrain from asking questions about this as it may lead to drama."
Or something similar.
(Personally I think it was better than C+ but oh well it's gone now)
I think a disclaimer like that is fine, Drama that happens offsite will be quickly subdued if posted here on the forums.
Tis a real shame, I really thought AA was gonna be something special from day 1.

I think a disclaimer like that is fine, Drama that happens offsite will be quickly subdued if posted here on the forums.
Tis a real shame, I really thought AA was gonna be something special from day 1.
It turns out TailsTheFox and DoctorDallin have now been erected as the permanent leaders now, so there is hope for AA!

Last edited:
TailsTheFox and DoctorDallin have now been erected as the temporary leaders, so there is hope yet.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, I've seen this kind of thing happen before (minus this level of drama that is, just the everything falling apart), so there's only a "chance" to hope it works out.

Context example: Seriously (Seriouszone AKA Serious Sam group) ended up having a massive power struggle that nearly killed it off entirely when when the head admin decided to leave in the worst way possible. More staff left and there was alot of chaos going on, and while they are still around today, they surely aren't same after all that went down.
I don't think this measures up to AA's story thou (this community that's been around for 20 years was weaker than a Terraria mod community at this point, oof), but I'm saying it wouldn't be the first time.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, I've seen this kind of thing happen before (minus this level of drama that is, just the everything falling apart), so there's only a "chance" to hope it works out.

Context example: Seriously (Seriouszone AKA Serious Sam group) ended up having a massive power struggle that nearly killed it off entirely when when the head admin decided to leave in the worst way possible. More staff left and there was alot of chaos going on, and while they are still around today, they surely aren't same after all that went down.
I don't think this measures up to AA's story thou (this community that's been around for 20 years was weaker than a Terraria mod community at this point, oof), but I'm saying it wouldn't be the first time.
We will simply have to wait and see.

#17: Data Mod
by Datapod (forum page here)

I donno why I'm even counting this one, but considering previous entries...
Data Mod is a mod that adds some enemies, and a boss based off some really niche thing called a Datapod, said boss is surprisingly challenging despite being very simply, and has its own drops and there's also a custom ore that generates afterword's too, the mod is still the work of a beginner but it was showing promise. However it doesn't seem to be indev anymore (I mean the guy's been gone for over a year now)

Not alot to it so it's hard to judge, I will give it a:
C-

Could fit into any modpack as a little addition

#18: Disarray (old)
by @Cavities (forum page here (discontinued))

Welp, here's one of TML's older mods, Disarray is a massive mod that focuses on quantity over quality and as such it's... not a very good mod.
It has alot of unbalanced items, many of the sprites are just recolors and stat boosters, and somehow it used to be even worse, it's just a really low quality mod that made even Tremor look good by comparison.
I think Disarray's largest problem is how unbalanced its bosses are, this game has bosses which just move around randomly and spawn random attacks at the player without any clear pattern making them a nightmare to avoid hits. And if you do get hit, you suffer from a debuff that's just a stronger version of a vanilla debuff (immunities? yeah not happening)

If there is one thing that this mod has that lets it stand out: it's the quest system (Disarray was doing this long before Joost and Antiaris did) and a UI feature that lets you dynamically scale enemy damage and health; which was a nice feature added into an otherwise pretty trash mod.

Thankfully it's getting a complete redo by Cavities, the beta is already out, so give that one a whirl!

I will give it a:
D-

I'd only play with this one if your looking to play with every content mod that exists, otherwise avoid this one; it's bottom of the barrel.

I've kinda let this thread die, so I'm going to continue it with a pretty easy one next:
#19: Dynascape (AKA GodEater)
by Some guy who isn't on the forums called Cyber

We're doing it lads:
So you know how I gave Old Disarray a D for being a pretty lame mod, Apotheoses and Friends an E for being a broken meme mod, and Archaea an F for being a broken mod in general? Well...
F-

I'm cutting straight to the chase for this one, this mod is just, objectively bad, in every way.
Imagine Example mod, fused with AFKPet's ripped from other games sprites, the source code is private, and the balance is all over the place. Now imagine the sprites that aren't ripped are really awful with equally awful mechanics and features.

Oh but it doesn't end there, this mod has a reputation in TML for how the author repeatedly "updated" it to bump it to the front of the browser and milk downloads, despite versions being quite indifferent.

From what I've heard the server died so the mod is likely dead along with it, but it's left a lasting impact on the scene.
Let that be a lesson to anyone else who may try to seek fame in the same light.

Last edited:
I've kinda let this thread die, so I'm going to continue it with a pretty easy one next:
#19: Dynascape (AKA GodEater)
by Some guy who isn't on the forums called Cyber

We're doing it lads:
So you know how I gave Old Disarray a D for being a pretty lame mod, Apotheoses and Friends an E for being a broken meme mod, and Archaea an F for being a broken mod in general? Well...
F-

I'm cutting straight to the chase for this one, this mod is just, objectively bad, in every way.
Imagine Example mod, fused with AFKPet's ripped from other games sprites, the source code is private, and the balance is all over the place. Now imagine the sprites that aren't ripped are really awful with equally awful mechanics and features.

Oh but it doesn't end there, this mod has a reputation in TML for how the author repeatedly "updated" it to bump it to the friend of the browser and milk downloads, despite versions being quite indifferent.

From what I've heard the server died so the mod is likely dead along with it, but it's left a lasting impact on the scene.
Let that be a lesson to anyone else who may try to seek fame in the same light.
Mood.

So... this *tier list*

Lets just say I had a falling out with Terraria, because of this I don't really even do play throughs anymore and alot of the mods I had to rank have updated to the point where I can't really rank them from my own experiences anymore (EG Fargos now has the Champions), and since I don't really wish to do playthroughs anymore, I can't really see a way to continue this tier list, should I just judge them from my experiences back then or toss it up all together?

So... this *tier list*

Lets just say I had a falling out with Terraria, because of this I don't really even do play throughs anymore and alot of the mods I had to rank have updated to the point where I can't really rank them from my own experiences anymore (EG Fargos now has the Champions), and since I don't really wish to do playthroughs anymore, I can't really see a way to continue this tier list, should I just judge them from my experiences back then or toss it up all together?
If you even want to keep this around, then only judge those that you can reliably comment on. Not very smart to judge based on experiences that you aren't sure would still hold up.

Back
Top Bottom