The lore of The WoF

Jariko88

Eye of Cthulhu
As everyone wonders about Terraria's lore and how it came to be, I found it fascinating to talk about The WoF (The Wall of Flesh) as he is the last boss in pre-hard mode, so currently being the ruler of the world.

How did he come to live in an awful place underground and why doesn't he just emerge from the ground and take on a full form or something?
Instead of being just this big beam that swims in lava.

On this topic I would like to create some backstory that would give some insight on how and why he exists.

My personal headcannon is this:

The war happens, the hero and his allies manage to repel Cthulhu and his forces, but not without some great costs, all the races are extremely weakened and 2 new threats are luming over the horizon, the Corruption and the Crimson. In desperation, a plan is formed, to seal the spirits of darkness within the hero, to buy time for the civilizations to recover.

During the sealing ritual, another measure was taken, a connection with the hero's soul amd the hallow would created, so that evil spirits wouldn't overwhelm him. But something went wrong, instead of just stabilizing him, the spirits of light started trying to destroy the hero body and soul, while the spirits of night tried heal him, not wanting to be destroyed alongside their new vessel. This stuggle within the hero twisted him, destroying his mind and turned him into an abomination.

Using the remaining powers of light, they banished the monster to a place it would never escape, the Underworld. But instead of becoming it's prisoner, the abomination became the underworld's warden, devouring anything that stood in it's path.

And this unholy connection with both the darkness and light still lingers within the hero's descendants, the Guide being the one that we meet.

Last edited:
I don't particularly see how that's going to help it protect the world, but ok. haha
Yes but he kills off the human race almost wiping them from existence. There's only like 12 left.
Protecting the world from human stupidity (aka their nuclear bombs and pollution). He is underground and collapses the surface causing everything to fall into the lava and after a long time the planet reforms itself.

Last edited:
Yes but he kills off the human race almost wiping them from existence. There's only like 12 left.
Protecting the world from human stupidity (aka their nuclear bombs and pollution). He is underground and collapsed the ground and after a long time the planet reforms itself.

Really now, your pulling the "humans bad" card, on a game where a space squid literally tried to take over the world, and that it's also the reason behind the 2 world curses. Look bro, I agree that we do stupid stuff, but please stop with the "all humans bad" things, our planet took much more damage before we even existed, and it will probably have to tank way worse stuff in the future too. All the harmful things we do means literally nothing to the planet, we are screwing ourselves, that's for sure, by making the planet less suitable for us, emphasis on "us". As for the planet itself, will still be here after we're all gone.

It's a theory and no hate towards the game or humans, I get your frustration. Of course the planet will still be here and that's what I was getting to. Where they are almost extinct and have to fight back for their world.

Back
Top Bottom