THIS THREAD IS RETIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to "Projectile Piercing Fix", which you can find on the tModLoader mod listing. It should be the oldest one (and which works the best out of the box)

EDIT: This is the mod, which even works on Minions
I have made a few plugins to fix those issues, but they cause some balance issues and contain bugs. You could use them as a starting point, but they have too many problems to use without first fixing their bugs. I haven't decided if I want to try to make a mod that completely fixes everything yet.

This plugin enables local immunity on all weapons. Definitely breaks balance for bees. This plugin is particularly broken because it does not account for the hardcoded global immunity settings.

This plugin changes melee to use the first static immunity slot instead of global immunity so melee weapons don't block minions, etc from dealing damage.

I've investigated fixing the issue, and it will not be easy to apply these changes without side effects due to many special cases in the game's code. The game has hardcoded global immunty settings in Projectile.Damage() that need patching to work around. When I made the localNPCImmunity plugin I did not know about the hardcoded values and did not account for them. Some weapons even have some dodgy code that uses global immunity and local immunity simultaneously.

I suggest you read my post discussing immunity frames if you want to understand some of the complications of properly solving the issue.

I have made a few plugins to fix those issues, but they cause some balance issues and contain bugs. You could use them as a starting point, but they have too many problems to use without first fixing their bugs. I haven't decided if I want to try to make a mod that completely fixes everything yet.

This plugin enables local immunity on all weapons. Definitely breaks balance for bees. This plugin is particularly broken because it does not account for the hardcoded global immunity settings.

This plugin changes melee to use the first static immunity slot instead of global immunity so melee weapons don't block minions, etc from dealing damage.

I've investigated fixing the issue, and it will not be easy to apply these changes without side effects due to many special cases in the game's code. The game has hardcoded global immunty settings in Projectile.Damage() that need patching to work around. When I made the localNPCImmunity plugin I did not know about the hardcoded values and did not account for them. Some weapons even have some dodgy code that uses global immunity and local immunity simultaneously.

I suggest you read my post discussing immunity frames if you want to understand some of the complications of properly solving the issue.
While this may make bees and wasps incredibly overpowered, it also makes a lot of weapons MUCH more enjoyable to use, like Space Gun hitting 3 times per beam

While this may make bees and wasps incredibly overpowered, it also makes a lot of weapons MUCH more enjoyable to use, like Space Gun hitting 3 times per beam
The point is the projectiles need to be reviewed and fixed one by one or there will be bugs. The mod you referenced did this. I started making one, but it is very tedious.

Edit: I updated the mod to version 0.3.0.0 This is a massive plugin. Bugs likely. use the "/togglefix" command to turn the changes on and off for testing. Added mod details.
Code:
For starters, The unused first static immunity slot is now used for melee weapon immune times.

==These were global immunity weapons with custom immune times. A special fix that gives them static immunity instead.
MagicMissile      --HARDCODED 8
ExplosiveBullet   --HARDCODED 5
Tempest           --HARDCODED 20
Typhoon           --HARDCODED 6
Electrosphere     --HARDCODED 8
SpiritFlame       --HARDCODED 5
LastPrismLaser    --HARDCODED 5
Arkhalis          --HARDCODED 5
Terragrim         --HARDCODED 5
PiercingStarlight --HARDCODED 4
CandyCorn         --HARDCODED 7
NailFriendly      --HARDCODED 1
MechanicWrench    --HARDCODED 7
CombatWrench      --HARDCODED 7
NebulaBlaze1      --HARDCODED 5
NebulaBlaze2      --HARDCODED 5 making these independent allows the Nebula Blaze Ex shot to always deal damage!

--Meteor Staff makes 3 projectile types that need to share iFrames
Meteor1 --HARDCODED 5
Meteor2 --HARDCODED 5
Meteor3 --HARDCODED 5

--Stynger and fragments need to share iFrames, the fragments could be made independent to increase dps
Stynger         --HARDCODED 7
StyngerShrapnel --HARDCODED 7

== These projectiles go from static to local immunity with the default immune time (10).
Shuriken
UnholyArrow
JestersArrow
EnchantedBoomerang
Starfury
FallingStar
Flamarang
GreenLaser
Harpoon
Bomb
Dynamite
Grenade
ThornChakram
StickyBomb
HellfireArrow
DarkLance
Trident
ThrowingKnife
Spear
WoodenBoomerang
PoisonedKnife
CobaltChainsaw
MythrilChainsaw
CobaltDrill
MythrilDrill
AdamantiteChainsaw
AdamantiteDrill
MythrilHalberd
EbonsandBallGun
AdamantiteGlaive
PearlSandBallGun
PurpleLaser
MagicDagger
CursedFlameFriendly
CobaltNaginata
Gungnir
LightDisc
Hamdrax
IceBoomerang
UnholyTridentFriendly
FrostBoltSword
EmeraldBolt
RubyBolt
DiamondBolt
MushroomSpear
RocketI
ProximityMineI
RocketII
ProximityMineII
RocketIII
ProximityMineIII
RocketIV
ProximityMineIV
TheRottedFork
CannonballFriendly
Flare
PossessedHatchet
PalladiumPike
PalladiumDrill
PalladiumChainsaw
OrichalcumHalberd
OrichalcumDrill
OrichalcumChainsaw
TitaniumTrident
TitaniumDrill
TitaniumChainsaw
FlowerPetal
ChlorophytePartisan
ChlorophyteDrill
ChlorophyteChainsaw
SporeCloud
ChlorophyteOrb
ChlorophyteJackhammer
BoulderStaffOfEarth
GolemFist
IceSickle
BoxingGlove
Bananarang
ChainKnife
DeathSickle
LostSoulFriendly
PaladinsHammerFriendly
FrostBlastFriendly
BlueFlare
BloodyMachete
Stake
StarAnise
FruitcakeChakram
RocketSnowmanI
RocketSnowmanII
RocketSnowmanIII
RocketSnowmanIV
NorthPoleWeapon
NorthPoleSpear
CrimsandBallGun
PulseBolt
FrostBoltStaff
ObsidianSwordfish
Swordfish
SawtoothShark
SpiderEgg
Anchor
StickyGrenade
Flairon
VortexChainsaw
VortexDrill
NebulaChainsaw
NebulaDrill
SolarFlareChainsaw
SolarFlareDrill
ScutlixLaserFriendly
LaserDrill
InfluxWaver
ChargedBlasterCannon
ChargedBlasterLaser
StickyDynamite
BoneArrowFromMerchant
CrystalDart
ChainGuillotine
Hellwing
FlyingKnife
ShadowFlameArrow
ShadowFlameKnife
Meowmere
StarWrath
JavelinFriendly
ButchersChainsaw
BouncyBomb
BouncyGrenade
BombFish
FrostDaggerfish
IchorSplash --Bladetongue
NurseSyringeHeal
ClothiersCurse
PartyGirlGrenade
MinecartMechLaser
AmberBolt
BoneJavelin
BoneDagger
SolarFlareRay -- unused?
SolarCounter -- Dash from Solar Flare armor?
StardustDrill
StardustChainsaw
StardustCellMinionShot --don't think this is needed
StardustGuardianExplosion --pretty sure this was removed from the game!
Daybreak
BouncyDynamite
DD2SquireSonicBoom
DD2ExplosiveTrapT1
DD2ExplosiveTrapT2
DD2ExplosiveTrapT3
FallingStarSpawner
ThunderSpear
ScarabBomb
ClusterRocketI
ClusterMineI
ClusterRocketII
ClusterMineII
WetRocket
WetMine
LavaRocket
LavaMine
HoneyRocket
HoneyGrenade
HoneyMine
MiniNukeRocketI
MiniNukeMineI
MiniNukeRocketII
MiniNukeMineII
DryRocket
DryMine
GladiusStab
ClusterSnowmanRocketI
ClusterSnowmanRocketII
WetSnowmanRocket
LavaSnowmanRocket
HoneySnowmanRocket
MiniNukeSnowmanRocketI
MiniNukeSnowmanRocketII
DrySnowmanRocket
BookOfSkullsSkull
RulerStab
Shroomerang
ZapinatorLaser
JoustingLance
ShadowJoustingLance
HallowJoustingLance
ZoologistStrikeGreen
WetBomb
LavaBomb
HoneyBomb
DryBomb
OrnamentStar
DirtBomb
DirtStickyBomb
DripplerFlailExtraBall
ZoologistStrikeRed
SantankMountRocket
PrincessWeapon

==these projectiles get local immunity but are allowed to hit each target only once
SuperStarSlash
CopperShortswordStab
TinShortswordStab
IronShortswordStab
LeadShortswordStab
SilverShortswordStab
TungstenShortswordStab
GoldShortswordStab
PlatinumShortswordStab

==problematic weapons that would gain DPS from overlapping projectiles get static immunity
Bee
GiantBee
Wasp
SpikyBall
WaterBolt
RainFriendly
BloodRain
InfernoFriendlyBlast
WaterStream
Flames -- flamethrower
GoldenShowerFriendly
ShadowBeamFriendly
ClingerStaff
SoulDrain
CursedDartFlame
ShadowFlame --shadowflame hex doll
Spark --wand of sparking and chainsaw
ClusterFragmentsI
ClusterFragmentsII
ClusterSnowmanFragmentsI
ClusterSnowmanFragmentsII
MedusaHeadRay
DemonScythe

==Grouped immunity frames. groups of projectile types share iFrames. This feature was not supported in the base game!

--yoyos to share iFrames with counterweights
Code1
WoodYoyo
CorruptYoyo
CrimsonYoyo
JungleYoyo
Cascade
Chik
Code2
Rally
Yelets
RedsYoyo
ValkyrieYoyo
Amarok
HelFire
Kraken
TheEyeOfCthulhu
BlackCounterweight
BlueCounterweight
GreenCounterweight
PurpleCounterweight
RedCounterweight
YellowCounterweight
FormatC
Gradient
Valor
Terrarian
TerrarianBeam

--Vilethorn
VilethornBase
VilethornTip

--Rainbow Gun
RainbowFront
RainbowBack

--Magical Harp
QuarterNote
EighthNote
TiedEighthNote

--Nettle Burst
NettleBurstRight
NettleBurstLeft
NettleBurstEnd

--Molotov Cocktail
MolotovFire
MolotovFire2
MolotovFire3

--Crystal Vile Shard
CrystalVileShardHead
CrystalVileShardShaft

--Toxic Flask
ToxicCloud
ToxicCloud2
ToxicCloud3

--Spore Sac
SporeGas
SporeGas2
SporeGas3

==switch from static to local immunity
BabySlime
ImpFireball
Retanimini
Spazmamini
VenomSpider
JumperSpider
DangerousSpider
DeadlySphere
VampireFrog
VolatileGelatinBall
FlinxMinion
MiniRetinaLaser

Attachments

• PiercingFix.cs
    19.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Love this. Thanks for making it and keeping it up to date.

There's probably more important things to handle at the moment, but any chance we could get a tweak to revert the behavior of Gravity Globe to pre-1.4?

Could you please make Gravity Globe double tap it so it functions similar to the Master Ninja Gear dash ability because the Gravity Globe is basically impossible the use with the booster on the Jetpack and similar things and it's annoying to accidentally invert the World and uninvert the world.

Last edited:
hey i like tweaker but tweaker is broken because 1.4.1.2 when comes new version?
Only some tweaks are broken and even then i'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about, you can keep playing without the few ones that stopped working until the new version is out and THEN update

In a sense, I suppose. I find reversing gravity midair to be really obnoxious tbh, especially with just the up key. Makes it impossible to use it for other things.

Could you please make Gravity Globe double tap it so it functions similar to the Master Ninja Gear dash ability because the Gravity Globe is basically impossible the use with the booster on the Jetpack and similar things and it's annoying to accidentally invert the World and uninvert the world.
This would work well for my intention though, and without nerfing the globe too. I just want to be able to use the up key without reversing gravity or having to unequip the globe, while still having the ability to reverse gravity. Changing the command from up to a double tap or even another key would work just as well, if not better.

Using boosters while upside-down is really fun!
I noticed while making this mod that the step stool can't be used with gravitation potions, but can be used with the gravity globe.

Attachments

• GravityDoubleTap.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 15,710
is there a way to make like in cheat sheet a button that you can magnet all items dropped on the floor on your map to you?

The Traveling Merchant Spawn Chance tweak might be calculating the daily spawn chance incorrectly.

At the default per-tick spawn chance of 1/108000, TT2 puts his daily spawn chance at 25%. The wiki, however, estimates it at 22.12%, using this formula: 1-(107999/108000)^27000 = 0.2212001339.
I'm aiming for a 1/3 daily chance; TT2 claims this happens at 1/81081, the wiki formula says 1/66591.

I don't know whether TT2 or the wiki is wrong here, nor do I know how TT2 is getting its numbers, because closed-source.

Came back after a long break to play Terraria again with this tool, kinda sad it doesn't work at all anymore. Can't even apply twenty different patches, game won't even start. I remember in the beginning of 1.4 how I could literally run hundred different ones. Ah, well. Was good till it lasted I guess

Okay, I admit my comment was a bit harsh, it works if you don't go overboard like me. All I wanna say is, I prefer the normal version these days, I'm a Journey Mode Player anyway so... Yeah. I wanna apologize.
- V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom