Builds Vanilla Builds

ED209

Plantera
Hi everyone,

I've been planning to make this thread for a while, and as I've had a just request to show how I built one of my props, so I thought I'd start now.

Anyone else is welcome to post their stuff on here, as long as it's vanilla; no modded furniture (although cropped items using TEdit are welcome). All platforms are welcome, I'm going to be posting some videos of my PS4 world highlighting the exploits we should be taking advantage of before we get 1.4.

First things first, @eliasdarklight5 has asked how I did my pillars, so here it is:

Terraria_ Also try Minecraft! 20_11_2020 17_06_35.png

From the top down the items are:

Big pillar
  1. Flesh bathtub
  2. Living leaf (end pieces hammered inward)
  3. Boreal workbench
  4. Blue dynasty shingles hammered into slopes (hammer first, THEN add the workbench). Rich mahogany is nice too if you want softer lines
  5. Palm wood wall all the way down
  6. Another flesh bathtub
  7. Everything is painted white

Small pillar
  1. Marble platforms, with the ends hammered
  2. Palm wood wall all the way down
  3. Marble platforms
  4. Pearlstone brick wall x2
  5. Marble platforms hammered flat
  6. Everything is painted white
If you're going to add other walls "behind" these pillars, it's important to leave a 1-tile gap between the palm wood walls and whatever else you're using, otherwise the pillars look really thin and weird (see the right-hand pair in the image below).
Terraria_ Also try Minecraft! 20_11_2020 17_14_42.png

Hi everyone,

I've been planning to make this thread for a while, and as I've had a just request to show how I built one of my props, so I thought I'd start now.

Anyone else is welcome to post their stuff on here, as long as it's vanilla; no modded furniture (although cropped items using TEdit are welcome). All platforms are welcome, I'm going to be posting some videos of my PS4 world highlighting the exploits we should be taking advantage of before we get 1.4.

First things first, @eliasdarklight5 has asked how I did my pillars, so here it is:

View attachment 298921
From the top down the items are:

Big pillar
  1. Flesh bathtub
  2. Living leaf (end pieces hammered inward)
  3. Boreal workbench
  4. Blue dynasty shingles hammered into slopes (hammer first, THEN add the workbench). Rich mahogany is nice too if you want softer lines
  5. Palm wood wall all the way down
  6. Another flesh bathtub
  7. Everything is painted white

Small pillar
  1. Marble platforms, with the ends hammered
  2. Palm wood wall all the way down
  3. Marble platforms
  4. Pearlstone brick wall x2
  5. Marble platforms hammered flat
  6. Everything is painted white
If you're going to add other walls "behind" these pillars, it's important to leave a 1-tile gap between the palm wood walls and whatever else you're using, otherwise the pillars look really thin and weird (see the right-hand pair in the image below).
View attachment 298923
Thats Amazing. I would not have gotten the flesh bathtubs and I've been trying to figure out the dynasty shingles for most of the last month. Your pillars are ingenious!

Thats Amazing. I would not have gotten the flesh bathtubs and I've been trying to figure out the dynasty shingles for most of the last month. Your pillars are ingenious!
Thanks very much, they were inspired by rulick15 years ago, I wanted to build what he/she did but I was on PS4 only at the time, so the scale to time ratio wouldn't have been practical.

Post what you build on here, I want to see lots of pillars!!

I am currently working on a palace in my new 05162020 seed journey mode world. I'm pre-hardmode at the moment, and this is the throne room. Each throne belongs to a different Dev and once I get their sets im going to be placing them above the thrones. I have the throne room mostly built and am currently working my way across into the Great Hall.
Screenshot 2020-11-20 14.54.21.png

Edit: I am nowhere near done with this monstrosity. It will have;
Palace
Throne room
Library
Dungeon
Guard rooms
Great Hall
Castle Wall
Chapel
Crypt
Armory
Smithy
Gate X2
Towers
Royal Quarters
17x Dev
1x Princess
1x Player as Prince
Kitchens
Menagerie
Alchemy Station
Fluid Dynamics Wells
Full NPC Housing
Treasury 100 feet deep fill to 90 feet
Among other rooms...

And thats just my palace. There will be a large guard tower/ hellevator/ biome spread blocking every ~500' east and west, and crossing underground a minecart network/biome spread blocking every 1000' vertically (with allowances for like, the oceans and not breaking up the dungeon or Lihzard temple) all centered on spawn.

Biome specific themed villages for the full NPC set (along with a small Christmas village with a "workshop" doubling as an arena for the winter invasions.)
Massive network of floating Islands with skybridges connecting them
and other bits of odds and ends builds scattered across the map.

Last edited:
I am currently working on a palace in my new 05162020 seed journey mode world. I'm pre-hardmode at the moment, and this is the throne room. Each throne belongs to a different Dev and once I get their sets im going to be placing them above the thrones. I have the throne room mostly built and am currently working my way across into the Great Hall.
View attachment 298928

Palace
Throne room
Library
Dungeon
Guard rooms
Great Hall
Castle Wall
Chapel
Crypt
Armory
Smithy
Gate X2
Towers
Royal Quarters
17x Dev
1x Princess
1x Player as Prince
Kitchens
Menagerie
Alchemy Station
Fluid Dynamics Wells
Full NPC Housing
Among other rooms...

And thats just my palace. There will be a large guard tower/ hellevator/ biome spread blocking every ~500' east and west, and crossing underground a minecart network/biome spread blocking every 1000' vertically (with allowances for like, the oceans and not breaking up the dungeon or Lihzard temple) all centered on spawn.

Biome specific themed villages for the full NPC set (along with a small Christmas village with a "workshop" doubling as an arena for the winter invasions.)
You have all that, but you’re not in Hardmode? Just research the Star Cannon and Fallen stars, then you’re good.

Nah. I plan on having all that built before I go after the WoF this time. It's waaaaaaaaaaay too annoying to fight hardmode enemies off while trying to build stuff, especially in the jungle (shudders at the memory of my expert mode map that had a hallowed underground jungle).

Well, that built and all pre-hardmode everything collected for easy building and stuff.
Then WoF. Then all post hardmode stuff I can get pre-mechanical bosses. Rinse and repeat with each successive step of gear in hardmode. I've been playing Terraria for over 8 years now and I've decided its high time to start building all the stuff I've been dreaming up since early 1.2 .

After THAT I'm ripping the palace out of the ground and putting gemspark magitech engines under it and taking that to the sky.

Long term plan is a series of journey mode maps that get progressively harder with the lore behind it being my character hunting down the very heart of the crimson and corruption in an attempt to destroy them once and for all.

Nah. I plan on having all that built before I go after the WoF this time. It's waaaaaaaaaaay too annoying to fight hardmode enemies off while trying to build stuff, especially in the jungle (shudders at the memory of my expert mode map that had a hallowed underground jungle).

Well, that built and all pre-hardmode everything collected for easy building and stuff.
Then WoF. Then all post hardmode stuff I can get pre-mechanical bosses. Rinse and repeat with each successive step of gear in hardmode. I've been playing Terraria for over 8 years now and I've decided its high time to start building all the stuff I've been dreaming up since early 1.2 .
Journey mode has godmode and spawn rate control, rememberer? Just turn godmode on and set spawn rate to 0x.

But thats Laaaaaaaaaaaazy they say, whiningly.

In all honesty I am using them now, but i really want the experience of doing things the hard way, ya know, in hardmode.

View attachment 298928

Palace
Throne room
Library
Dungeon
Guard rooms
Great Hall
Castle Wall
Chapel
Crypt
Armory
Smithy
Gate X2
Towers
Royal Quarters
17x Dev
1x Princess
1x Player as Prince
Kitchens
Menagerie
Alchemy Station
Fluid Dynamics Wells
Full NPC Housing
Among other rooms...

That looks good; it reminds me of a CC entry I put in a while back (below):
1606057023484.png

Back
Top Bottom