Terraria State of the Game - November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reply was to RetroApo in regards to the quoted query... so that's odd. :p

SOTG said ALPHA by the end of the year, not a full live release.

Mods outside of PC would be fantastic - I have yet to meet anyone whom would disagree with that. If only it were an easy path - sadly, it is a very complicated one with lots of stumbling blocks and potential blockers. Doesn't mean that we might not try someday... just that it is far from something that can be promised or even to say its very likely. All I can say is "we shall see."
the only issues i could see with mods especially on mobile is performance issues and a potential lack of mods that support mobile or console

the only issues i could see with mods especially on mobile is performance issues and a potential lack of mods that support mobile or console

all of that plus the whole needing a version of TML, etc for mobile/console.... getting that approved by MS/Sony/Google/Apple, and then getting specific mods through the same process.

first of all, your reaction is beyond childish.

second of all, and allow me to educate you... i quite literally do not care about appearing "cool", i've always chosen to be an outcast and hated by society, cause it allows for clearer thinking and not being dragged down by hive mind mentality.

ever since childhood, i've rejected being a part of it all.

the very fact that, word-for-word, and in such an offended tone, you have responded to me in the EXACT same way so many other people do, proves you are part of that hive mind, lacking individuality.

the fact you are so quick to attack without even TRYING to learn WHY i feel the way i do, proves it further, and actually makes you the "hater".

i have reasons behind mine, a lifetime's worth.

this year has opened several old wounds, and added some toxins for good measure.

but please, feel free to keep thinking i am not a person who has been through too much and is tired of life and am just giving in to the last straw, and instead think i am an attention-starved child thinking it's cool to be miserable and having less color in my face than a black-and-white TV.

i genuinely do not care what you decide to do, but i figured i'd provide some education, with the immense amount of ignorance in today's world.

anyway, i imagine mods will probably step in after this, so i'll end the discussion there.

i'll probably check back in a few months to see if any progress is actually being made... assuming things don't get worse.

My reply was to RetroApo in regards to the quoted query... so that's odd. :p

SOTG said ALPHA by the end of the year, not a full live release.

Mods outside of PC would be fantastic - I have yet to meet anyone whom would disagree with that. If only it were an easy path - sadly, it is a very complicated one with lots of stumbling blocks and potential blockers. Doesn't mean that we might not try someday... just that it is far from something that can be promised or even to say its very likely. All I can say is "we shall see."

i do wanna add, before i leave... i despise the very existence of mods in general, just to make it known that there ARE people who are against the very concept.

i've always viewed them as ruining games, destroying the original vision, and essentially being filth smeared over a work of art.

yes, i gave them a try in the past, long ago... and they honestly ruined games for me, to the point of never touching said games ever again.

Last edited:
i do wanna add, before i leave... i despise the very existence of mods in general, just to make it known that there ARE people who are against the very concept.

i've always viewed them as ruining games, destroying the original vision, and essentially being filth smeared over a work of art.

yes, i gave them a try in the past, long ago... and they honestly ruined games for me, to the point of never touching said games ever again.
I mostly agree, though modders don't intend to "destroy" anything or mess anything up, yet they do. The developers of Terraria obviously had a specific idea for what the game would be like, and every part of the game (the structures, the enemies, the bosses, the town NPCs, etc.) fits into the lore they designed, because they made it that way. But mod developers add their own biomes, structures, enemies, bosses and lore, effectively turning Terraria into a totally different game. That's why I intend to never play Terraria mods, because Terraria has enough stuff already, though I can understand why people make mods and play mods, and I don't care whether they do or don't.

Wow, so cool and edgy. Everyone thinks your SOOO amazing cause you act all dark and gloomy and ruin everybody’s fun. Can you like maybe let people enjoy what they want to enjoy? If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. And there’s a difference between constructive criticism and just plain being a hater.
first of all, your reaction is beyond childish.

second of all, and allow me to educate you... i quite literally do not care about appearing "cool", i've always chosen to be an outcast and hated by society, cause it allows for clearer thinking and not being dragged down by hive mind mentality.

ever since childhood, i've rejected being a part of it all.

the very fact that, word-for-word, and in such an offended tone, you have responded to me in the EXACT same way so many other people do, proves you are part of that hive mind, lacking individuality.

the fact you are so quick to attack without even TRYING to learn WHY i feel the way i do, proves it further, and actually makes you the "hater".

i have reasons behind mine, a lifetime's worth.

this year has opened several old wounds, and added some toxins for good measure.

but please, feel free to keep thinking i am not a person who has been through too much and is tired of life and am just giving in to the last straw, and instead think i am an attention-starved child thinking it's cool to be miserable and having less color in my face than a black-and-white TV.

i genuinely do not care what you decide to do, but i figured i'd provide some education, with the immense amount of ignorance in today's world.

anyway, i imagine mods will probably step in after this, so i'll end the discussion there.
For both of you, please don't bring these types of personal digs here. Let's just focus on the game, and not the person. Once it starts to get personal like this, it crosses the line of what's considered acceptable.

They had wrong icons before 1.4. Either this glitch is back or you are a console player. If so then it will be fixed in the 1.4
The thing I notcied while watching vieos on youtube is that when fighting twins at least 90% of the time the health bar on the bottom of the screen shows wrong health. For example it shows spazmatizm has slightly less than half health but in fact it's close to dying. I don't know why no one reported that
Example from one of chippy's videos: ( this video is from july but I dont think they fixed it )View attachment 300425
From what I know it showed for both twins health in general

all of that plus the whole needing a version of TML, etc for mobile/console.... getting that approved by MS/Sony/Google/Apple, and then getting specific mods through the same process.
I think that it’s possible that some of the larger mods could become third-party dlc later on? Sort of like how Tmodloader became official DLC on steam? I don’t really know, I just would love to see fargo’s mod on mobile, the enchantments look really cool.

Where will we be able to pre-order the disc for soundtrack ?

Laced Records will have preorders open soon - will make sure that everyone see it when they open up!

I think that it’s possible that some of the larger mods could become third-party dlc later on? Sort of like how Tmodloader became official DLC on steam? I don’t really know, I just would love to see fargo’s mod on mobile, the enchantments look really cool.

That would more or less be the pathway... but it also comes with a lot of expectations and responsibilities when you go outside of PC. Lots to work out... lots of unknowns... but we will see down the road I suppose.

Laced Records will have preorders open soon - will make sure that everyone see it when they open up!

Is the supplies gonna be limited ? Aka a first come first served ? I want to know if I need to stress over it because I ABSOLUTELY want one.

That would more or less be the pathway... but it also comes with a lot of expectations and responsibilities when you go outside of PC. Lots to work out... lots of unknowns... but we will see down the road I suppose.
I would also like to add that Fabsol, the creator of Calamity (the most popular mod) has stated that they would not support a mobile/console version of their mod if it was ever allowed to happen.

Well its time for me to pop in and see the news

A real shame 1.4 console will not reach us in 2020 as I had hopes more progress would be made but as DR studios are trying to work on all console platforms at once while personally I see this as a slog down to progress due to the switch version, no offense to those who play on switch I do respect them for trying to minimize delays between launches.Tthough I see its been stated already the look of the UI for consoles looks pretty messy and I hope there will be ways to tinker with it. And with that I'm about finished with my thoughts so I guess its back into hibernation until the next SotG.

Is the supplies gonna be limited ? Aka a first come first served ? I want to know if I need to stress over it because I ABSOLUTELY want one.

Not sure - will ask.

I would also like to add that Fabsol, the creator of Calamity (the most popular mod) has stated that they would not support a mobile/console version of their mod if it was ever allowed to happen.

Therein being just one of the litany of issues down that path, good example.

the look of the UI for consoles looks pretty messy

As before - examples of what is bothering you? Thus far, what I've seen is some pretty minor things that could either be tweaked or would not bog down the experience. Serious question.

I know you arent asking me, but i dont like the fact that console has the auto aim. It just doesnt make sense. Also one other thing is that it appears to have aim and use but that doesnt make sense for console either.

I know you arent asking me, but i dont like the fact that console has the auto aim. It just doesnt make sense. Also one other thing is that it appears to have aim and use but that doesnt make sense for console either.
Not sure why you complain, no one stops you from not using it ( unless you are just angry that console has those conforts )
( No offense of course )

I actually find it a whole lot harder to aim with console - the joystick is much harder to point in exactly the right direction than just a cursor. I feel like the auto aim is pretty important for being able to target things correctly. Just my opinion though.

The reason console has it is because it's utterly painful aiming stuff like the Sniper Rifle with a joystick compared to a mouse.

Trying to use a yoyo on console without some kind of auto aim is also pretty much impossible until getting the Terrarian.

Target Lock (which is what I assume you are referring to?) is not going anywhere. It exists for all versions of the game when using gamepads (even PC).

Trying to use a yoyo on console without some kind of auto aim is also pretty much impossible until getting the Terrarian.

Hopefully, the additional settings options that are likely to be included (sensitivity and more) will make that easier... but yoyo's are likely to always feel a bit funky on a gamepad. Even on mobile, I prefer touch yoyos (which work a lot like a mouse) vs even using the virtual sticks to deploy them.

That derpling is awful

Hey Loki any news on the revealing glitch

I really want to dye the lizard pet light brown so it can be my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom