tModLoader Skybound - The Exploration Story

Renk

Golem
HehLogot.png

A Terraria 1.4 Mod.

Discord | Twitter (coming soon)

summary.png

Skybound is a large, ambitious content mod focusing around expanding what the player can experience.
From exploring a hand crafted Solar System, to a new dungeon with dark secrets and unique mechanics, to so much more!

(Content and Showcase Cards)
this content shown is what i'm comfortable showing. this mod is jam packed with ideas and future content that will be showcased as well.. when it comes to it.
Barra, the first planet the player can explore, At first glance is nothing but a barren wasteland of orangish sand with dark, harsh looking mountains in the distance. But as you reside here longer, you notice that you are not alone. Strange speeders zoom across the landscape. Barges move about, unloading and collecting huge piles of scrap metal. And deep in the mountains, a burning factory churns out strange, robotic creatures.
BarraGenInGamePreview.png

harsh.png

(Loading Screen)
Barra.png
The Knowledge Vault, also know as the Tempus Bastion, was the home to an ancient race of Terrarian's gifted with magic, granting them advanced knowledge.
Inside, you will discover the dark secrets of the race's experiments. From epic boss fights, to puzzles, to books FILLED with lore, this Dungeon brings forth
a unique take on Dungeon's as a whole.
BastionShowcase.png

Developers:
Renk (Grae): Lead Programmer & Owner
Leaper: Lead Spriter & Co-Owner
サムティンウォン: Programmer
Grass: Lead Spriter
Zetrit: Musician

Contributors & Special Thanks:
MechanicPluto24: Helping with development as a whole.
サムティンウォン: Providing code
HugeKraken: Providing Sprites
Stryke: Providing Sprites
Ripple: Providing Sprites
Seasalt: Providing Sprites
Pois1x: Providing Sprites
Daim: Providing Sprites
Cloud: Providing Sprites
DylanDoe21: Providing Code
RighteousRyan: Assisting with Code
IDGCaptainRussia: Providing Code

Misc Info:
This mod will always be open-sourced! At this current time, Skybound has not been publicly posted due to it's rapid change, and constant increase of content.
Upon 0.1v release, it will also be made public for everyone to view. I want this project to allow others to explore the potential of Subworld Library, as other mods are doing.
I also want this project to enable new modding developers to have a reference for just about everything in tModLoader 1.4.

Last edited:
View attachment 302741

About:
Skybound is a personal project for self learning, through Programming and Spriting. Being filled with ideas that i've always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity in my past mods.
This won't be as actively or swiftly developed as my other mods, such as Depth of Time or Perplexity.
As specified in the logo, Herbology will be a big thing within this mod, along side Crafting, Exploration, and expansion of Science Fiction.

Content:
Expanded Martian Content! Introducing not only new Martian enemies, but new items, armor, accessories, a new structure, and a new Subworld!

View attachment 303768
View attachment 303769
View attachment 303770
Tenith - New Planet
Home world of the Martians. A desolate, valuable, and dangerous planet waiting to be explored.
Introducing new ore, blocks, consumables, and much more!
View attachment 303771

If you are interested in submitting ideas, sprites, or any of such, please join the Discord down below. It will be the best way to inform me of bugs, issues, or balance problems.
Discord Server
Sounds good! your modes are always good:)

Sounds good! your modes are always good:)
Thank you so much! Although I've been dedicating more time to this mod, Depth of Time is not far behind!

Expect more unique and interesting stuff from here. This is meant PURELY for my learning and fun. I hope you guys enjoy what i come up with

Wait, wouldn't Martians come from Mars?

These natives of Tenith would probably be called Tenethians, or Tenets, or Tenethlings, or-

Uh, forum update. More informative of whats going on behind the scenes, and a rather large update to the development.

View attachment 318539

About:
Skybound was initially a mod for my own self learning, through programming, spriting, and composing. But i'm confident enough in my ideas, and work ethic, to make this
a full scale mod. Currently. Tenith, the first planet and subworld you can visit, generates perfectly + the addition of 2 new ores, a few new enemies, and new unique tiles. This is the start for a proof of concept.
Currently, i'm also searching for new developers of all types. From programmers, to sprites, to conceptists. Everything inbetween would be amazing!
If you are interested in supporting the mod's development (after you look at the current content), please join the Discord at the bottom of the forum.
If you are interested in development, join the Discord and DM myself (Renk#6420). I am always active.

Content:
Skybound aims to expand the overall experience of Terraria, by adding new planets to explore. Variations of wildlife across all worlds, including
the most recognizable, terraria.
Skybound also aims to allow the player to immerse themselves in the world, through quests given by various NPCs (not all).
This will end up to allow a unique, and fun way to access the new subworld, rather than crafting or finding a teleporter.
(This also allows the player to gain reputation for NPCs. Similar to how many games have it, if you do so many quests & gain enough
REP, you will be able to unlock and purchase reputation & class specific armor, weapons, and accessories.

There is a ton more I have personally planned for this mod, from cool boss fights and music, to immersive quests and worlds.

Tenith - New Planet
Home world of the Martians. A desolate, valuable, and dangerous planet waiting to be explored.
Introducing new ore, blocks, consumables, and much more!
View attachment 304209
View attachment 304210
View attachment 330557

Introducing a new mechanic called Blessing Stones!
These mysterious stone pillars engraved with a symbol were created by an ancient civilization, that had the power to explore Terraria's solar system, and outer
planets. These stone's give the player one blessing, in which, benefits the player indefinitely (Until the player dies, but this may change). Although these blessings can be powerful
to the player, you can only hold one!
In the future, there will be many different blessing stones to find through out Terraria & Skybounds expanded planets, but as of now. There are only 2 that exist, that being
The Blessing Stone of Health and The Blessing Stone of Magnetism.
View attachment 330561

Discord:
Discord Server
This will be huge whole new planets especially if it has questing via npc-quest-masters and hopefully sequel storyline inlockable once the first is complete honestly cannot wait to see how it comes together I wish I could be of help but alas I can’t program what I can do is feed u ideas and opinions on current concepts u are considering u got me pumped:)

This will be huge whole new planets especially if it has questing via npc-quest-masters and hopefully sequel storyline inlockable once the first is complete honestly cannot wait to see how it comes together I wish I could be of help but alas I can’t program what I can do is feed u ideas and opinions on current concepts u are considering u got me pumped:)
That would be great, ideas of quality will be amazing.
The quest that leads you to exploration is a requirement TO explore other planets, all thanks to the martians that decided to visit

Updated forum page to current times.

More will come as more spoilers are posted. If a spoiler is showcased in the Discord, it will be posted here in a couple hours after. I suggest joining the Discord to view ALL upcoming spoilers, announcements, etc!

Back
Top Bottom