Terraria State of the Game - December 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically Alpha is just a milestone. The work doesn't start or stop because of that, it's ongoing. Holidays have probably slowed things down a little though.
If you are indirectly asking whether there will be a public beta, that's rather unlikely. They have never done anything like that in the past. On console, the only ones who do public betas are those who work on massive multiplayer games. They do that primarily to test how much capacity they will need to purchase for the servers.

I understand your excitement though. :)

Btw I'm not affiliated with the developers in any way, I'm just a long-time resident here that has seen a lot of water flow under the bridge.
Thank you for replying. Your answer was helpful. I guess we will have more info when the next State of The Game is published.

At first, I didn't know what Terraria was until, in 2019, I was on punishment and could not play on recent-gen consoles, but I still could play on old-gen. I started up the console and seen Terraria.
At first, I thought it was a horror game(the title had the eye of chutulu which creeped me out at the time), so I didn't play it. However other games were getting boring so I had no choice and click on it, I regretted not playing this game because the game was really fun and addicting. This was the longest I have ever played a game on an old-gen console. When I got out of punishment, I was still playing on this old gen on this game, Then I played on the recent-gen and was looking for this game. I found the game and played it, it was more updated than the old gen and I was happy. I then searched the wiki and started watching videos and I realized how much fun the game was. I didn't have a pc(I have Chromebook), so I had to wait for it to come out on the recent-gen console. Terraria is my favorite video game of all time. I didn't grow up watching the game grow (unlike Minecraft) but I did get to experience the old and the new of this game. I love this game and am really excited for Journey's end on consoles. I am excited about the sequel and even if the sequel gets canceled, I still have this amazing game. Thank you, Re-logic for this great game. :happy: :kingslime:<3

At first, I didn't know what Terraria was until, in 2019, I was on punishment and could not play on recent-gen consoles, but I still could play on old-gen. I started up the console and seen Terraria.
At first, I thought it was a horror game(the title had the eye of chutulu which creeped me out at the time), so I didn't play it. However other games were getting boring so I had no choice and click on it, I regretted not playing this game because the game was really fun and addicting. This was the longest I have ever played a game on an old-gen console. When I got out of punishment, I was still playing on this old gen on this game, Then I played on the recent-gen and was looking for this game. I found the game and played it, it was more updated than the old gen and I was happy. I then searched the wiki and started watching videos and I realized how much fun the game was. I didn't have a pc(I have Chromebook), so I had to wait for it to come out on the recent-gen console. Terraria is my favorite video game of all time. I didn't grow up watching the game grow (unlike Minecraft) but I did get to experience the old and the new of this game. I love this game and am really excited for Journey's end on consoles. I am excited about the sequel and even if the sequel gets canceled, I still have this amazing game. Thank you, Re-logic for this great game. :happy: :kingslime:<3
Im also extremely excited. I cant wait till the next state of the game news is published so i can see how far DR is with Journeys End for consoles. I started out playing terraria in 2017 when my brother told me about it. I immediately became addicted lol. But the main reason i played it back then was to play with my brother ( this was on mobile when ocram was still a thing). My brother eventually got bored of the game and therefore i saw no point in playing any longer. I stopped for 3 years and eventually came back in 2020. It was so much fun to find/craft and use the things that i wanted to use back then ( this was when pc had 1.3 while mobile was still 1.2). Terraria is now my favourite game of all time, ive completed the game and now, just waiting for the same thing as you.

Im also extremely excited. I cant wait till the next state of the game news is published so i can see how far DR is with Journeys End for consoles. I started out playing terraria in 2017 when my brother told me about it. I immediately became addicted lol. But the main reason i played it back then was to play with my brother ( this was on mobile when ocram was still a thing). My brother eventually got bored of the game and therefore i saw no point in playing any longer. I stopped for 3 years and eventually came back in 2020. It was so much fun to find/craft and use the things that i wanted to use back then ( this was when pc had 1.3 while mobile was still 1.2). Terraria is now my favourite game of all time, ive completed the game and now, just waiting for the same thing as you.
The platform i was on after mobile was playstation 4

I know you guys arent develepors or have anything to do with the devs of Terraria. But does anyone have some sort of estimate for when the January State of The Game will be published?

I know you guys arent develepors or have anything to do with the devs of Terraria. But does anyone have some sort of estimate for when the January State of The Game will be published?
Im guessing somewhere between now and the 20th of Jan, or between the 25th and 31st of Jan.

20210120_110024-1.jpg
20210120_110024-1.jpgMy arkhalis dev set looks a little....."off" while wearing it in-game. But on my minimap and in my vanity slots it looks just fine. Any reason to why this is will be very much appreciated

View attachment 305019View attachment 305019My arkhalis dev set looks a little....."off" while wearing it in-game. But on my minimap and in my vanity slots it looks just fine. Any reason to why this is will be very much appreciated
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i dont think i should report it since joirneys end for Consoles should be coming out soon and by then this glitch will probably be fixed.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i dont think i should report it since joirneys end for Consoles should be coming out soon and by then this glitch will probably be fixed.
While it may be of interest to know what issues the current version have (the last version that Pipeworks developed and the last console 1.3.5.x), it's probably pointless in the sense that those issues won't be fixed. DR is building the game completely anew on pc 1.4 source code, so it's likely many of those issues won't exist in the new version (unless they exist in pc 1.4 as well).

I have very mixed feelings about 1.4. On one hand I don't want it to come out on console because I probably won't be able to enjoy the game anymore due to the various nerfs that it includes. On the other hand there are a lot of nice changes that I think most people will enjoy (my issues with the nerfs are mostly personal, many probably won't consider them as troublesome).

If it was possible to run the current version alongside the new version, that would be the best of both worlds. Unfortunately I don't think that's really possible.

While it may be of interest to know what issues the current version have (the last version that Pipeworks developed and the last console 1.3.5.x), it's probably pointless in the sense that those issues won't be fixed. DR is building the game completely anew on pc 1.4 source code, so it's likely many of those issues won't exist in the new version (unless they exist in pc 1.4 as well).

I have very mixed feelings about 1.4. On one hand I don't want it to come out on console because I probably won't be able to enjoy the game anymore due to the various nerfs that it includes. On the other hand there are a lot of nice changes that I think most people will enjoy (my issues with the nerfs are mostly personal, many probably won't consider them as troublesome).

If it was possible to run the current version alongside the new version, that would be the best of both worlds. Unfortunately I don't think that's really possible.
I had a feeling it would be pointless asking :sigh:I just found out that this was only happening on my main character so now i had to swap everything out from my character to a new one.

As @r4v1n6 noted, the expectation is that any current bug on the Console versions will be invalidated once 1.4 drops. That isn't to say that 1.4 will be bug-free just that it won't have the specific issues seen on current consoles (which hopefully will mean a smoother, cleaner experience for everyone :) ).

That said, it is always good to know these things - we have found quite a few "cross platform" bugs that existed even on PC from past console/mobile reports - so never feel bad about sharing what you are seeing.

As @r4v1n6 noted, the expectation is that any current bug on the Console versions will be invalidated once 1.4 drops. That isn't to say that 1.4 will be bug-free just that it won't have the specific issues seen on current consoles (which hopefully will mean a smoother, cleaner experience for everyone :) ).

That said, it is always good to know these things - we have found quite a few "cross platform" bugs that existed even on PC from past console/mobile reports - so never feel bad about sharing what you are seeing.
Thank you so much for the reply Loki. Have a good day.

Thank you so much for the reply Loki. Have a good day.
Also if this isnt too much to ask, do you have any idea on when the next state of the game will be published? (Probably very soon from now, so this question might be pointless.)

Speaking on cross-platform, when Terraria 1.4.1(not 1.4) comes to consoles and mobile will the game be cross-platform or can I play with PC/Mobile/Xbox/PS4/NS players through a different platform or will I only be able to play with the platform I'm playing? Also, will there be online servers like Minecraft or is it just a PC thing? (none of my siblings wants to play and my friends don't have the game, so can I play with random people) Also, will Tmodloader come to console/mobile or will it be a pc exclusive?o_O

Speaking on cross-platform, when Terraria 1.4.1(not 1.4) comes to consoles and mobile will the game be cross-platform or can I play with PC/Mobile/Xbox/PS4/NS players through a different platform or will I only be able to play with the platform I'm playing? Also, will there be online servers like Minecraft or is it just a PC thing? (none of my siblings wants to play and my friends don't have the game, so can I play with random people) Also, will Tmodloader come to console/mobile or will it be a pc exclusive?o_O
There has been no announcement or news about crossplay, though there's a chance it may come at a later time.
There are no plans to port tModloader, and I don't think there ever will be due to most Console policies on mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom