Worst Game You've Played

Hmm, most probably Plants vs Zombies 2, it's extremely P2W, has horrible balance, and to top it all off, the developers started removing the actually good parts of the game, such as the special stage music. Anything EA touches is truly doomed.

But to give a more cliche answer, but an answer that I feel would be more worthy than a dumb mobile game by EA - literally any competitive game. Ever. DOTA, Among Us, CS - you name it. My main issue with such games is the fact games are made to have fun. I saw a lot of hate comments towards dragon age: origins, but it's a game I personally love, and think it's miles better than any other competitive game out there, simply for one reason: competitive games always. Always make someone suffer. One side wins, other side loses. And it doesn't sound that bad, but competitiveness brings out the worst in people, as the winners will usually trash talk the losers to rub it in even more, and will even trash their own team for not being good enough; losers will get stressed, wanting to get better so they can win, but not being able to do so; friendships will break, and fun will be replaced with a burning desire to just win the damn game. I could play dragon age origins for well over three hours non-stop and not get tired, but having a single game over 30 minutes in DOTA would absolutely kill my desire to play the game further, and that is assuming I didn't have toxic people in the game.

Sure, some games like minecraft might have a competitive side, but it's optional. No one forces you to PvP other players - you have to specifically go look for a server dedicated to PvP, and that is if you want to, because you can just chill in single player, or have fun in survival with a few friends instead. Same thing with dragon age origins - the game won't trash talk you if you can't beat a certain part on your first try. The games might still have pressure, but it ultimately won't be nearly as bad as what you would've gotten in a competitive game.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Hate competitive stuff myself as well, especially since I'm not exactly the best at things when under that kind of pressure, which, I'm sure you can guess what that leads to.

Hmm, most probably Plants vs Zombies 2, it's extremely P2W, has horrible balance, and to top it all off, the developers started removing the actually good parts of the game, such as the special stage music. Anything EA touches is truly doomed.

But to give a more cliche answer, but an answer that I feel would be more worthy than a dumb mobile game by EA - literally any competitive game. Ever. DOTA, Among Us, CS - you name it. My main issue with such games is the fact games are made to have fun. I saw a lot of hate comments towards dragon age: origins, but it's a game I personally love, and think it's miles better than any other competitive game out there, simply for one reason: competitive games always. Always make someone suffer. One side wins, other side loses. And it doesn't sound that bad, but competitiveness brings out the worst in people, as the winners will usually trash talk the losers to rub it in even more, and will even trash their own team for not being good enough; losers will get stressed, wanting to get better so they can win, but not being able to do so; friendships will break, and fun will be replaced with a burning desire to just win the damn game. I could play dragon age origins for well over three hours non-stop and not get tired, but having a single game over 30 minutes in DOTA would absolutely kill my desire to play the game further, and that is assuming I didn't have toxic people in the game.

Sure, some games like minecraft might have a competitive side, but it's optional. No one forces you to PvP other players - you have to specifically go look for a server dedicated to PvP, and that is if you want to, because you can just chill in single player, or have fun in survival with a few friends instead. Same thing with dragon age origins - the game won't trash talk you if you can't beat a certain part on your first try. The games might still have pressure, but it ultimately won't be nearly as bad as what you would've gotten in a competitive game.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
agreed lol, especially the fact that it became a super grindy pay to win game

I h a t e pay-to-win. Pixel Gun is an example of that, but it’s still fun.
Really rare to see people quote Pixel Gun considering how dead it is but... true. I remember a few years ago when everyone on the mobile FPS platform was playing this. Really sad how it turned out.

For me tbh it's Minceraft Bedrock (Not Java, I love Java). Don't hate on me for this, but locking many fun and creative maps/skins behind paywalls like they're DLC really rubs on me a lot. At the same time Bedrock also doesn't have some of the simple features of Java, like glowstone arrows and banner shields, which doesn't really make sense to me imo.

Ofc there's also random p2w mobile games I've played for a while (read: an hour) and gave up on, but there's too much of those to list out.

TBH, another one that deserves a special mention would be Supercell games. They always pop up, become extremely popular for a year or so, get lots of money, and die. Now all the three formerly popular ones (where I live), Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, and Brawl Stars have all become extremely p2w and surprise mechanics based things, which is really sad considering the potential of those games.

Last edited:
I used to love Pixel Gun, until it went pay to win and started to suck.
You literally couldn't go onto a Sniper Forts match without facing an enemy team entirely comprised of Anti-hero and anti-champion rifles that somehow know exactly where you are in the fort.

anything pay to win.they always have paywalls,and that makes those games no fun. Incidentally,everyone seems to fall for those tricks and buys those games.
also anything nintendo,buy 4 good games and youve bought the price of the switch lite.bruh those games are 60$! how do people fall for that??? .also,nintendo never has sales on the switches.

Fortnite. Obviously it’s a vomit-inducing game that’s nothing but a cash grab of microtransactions and cringe-inducing dance moves (some are good and decent, I’ll give credit for that) and horrible-looking skins that look ugly or a rip-off of costumes from other games, like for example: The Spectre Armor skin rip-off that’s ripping off Terraria’s Post-Plantera Spectre Armor that mages get before Nebula Armor. The infamous Battle Pass SUCKS because you have pay $9.99 to get access to it! The pickaxe skins look stupid, once again... they’re ripoffs of pickaxe skins from other video games like for example: The Cactus Pickaxe from Terraria. This game wants to be a CASH GRAB. DON’T even get me started on the graphics... the graphics? are... UNGODLY. It’s looks like crap taking a crap on a toilet made out of crap. Although it’s running on Unreal Engine 4, it still looks horrible than ever. The Gears of War games and Spec Ops: The Line (2012) came out way before this game and those games looked way better than this and the graphics in those games look way realistic and sharp enough since they’re 3rd person military-based shooters too. The weapons in Fortnite all suck. They deal pathetic amounts of damage, the DPS never adds up (ONLY WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT), it’s hard to aim with the snipers (Gears of War and Spec Ops: The Line had better sniper aiming than this), the infamous shotguns are WAAAY too op, and the controls always mess up even though there’s nothing wrong with my controller. This game also got released into the iOS App Store and I was mad about it. Ever since the Fortnite Apple Epic Games controversy, I was finally glad that it got removed, FOREVER... it deserved to be removed from the mobile application stores. I gave Fortnite a 1 out of 5 star rating for poor gunplay, horrible eye-burning graphics, worst looking cosmetics of rip offs and dance moves (except for some), and the infamous Battle Pass that got carried in newer games that ruined them. Rest in Crap Fortnite. Fortnite? More like Shartnite.

Back
Top Bottom