tModLoader Metroid Mod

Shouldn't the Torizo arena be a bit less tall? It's extremely easy to cheese with the main armor you are supposed to get early in the game. I guess the cheesing is part of why Terraria is so well designed, so maybe not.

Shouldn't the Torizo arena be a bit less tall? It's extremely easy to cheese with the main armor you are supposed to get early in the game. I guess the cheesing is part of why Terraria is so well designed, so maybe not.
And you can just morph ball under Torizo's legs, so the fight won't be affected. Golden Torizo might have problems with a lowered ceiling though.

I noticed that there aren't many missile combos in pre-hard mode. This might be intentional to have only 1 but it might be useful to mention.

Also instead of having 2 varia suits you could just call the second one the barrier suit or something like how it was going to be called but was mistranslated.

I forgot to mention about bugs I encountered during my playthrough, i'm not sure if anyone else has encountered them either but nonetheless, these were the only two I could find:

1.Random Duplication Glitch involving the Guide & the Beam Inventory System

I'm not exactly sure as to how I managed to cause this glitch but I randomly duped my Plasma Beam when I left the Guide's Recipe Finder. What ended up happening was when I placed the Plasma Beam back into the Beam slot, I realized I had another, which then I placed it into my Inventory. I attempted to do it again but I could never really replicate it perfectly. I'm assuming what happened is that I walked away from the guide right as I took the Plasma Beam and ended up duping it once I placed it inside my Weapon Slot.

2. Torizo's Premature Awakening
Torizo for some bizarre reason wakes up early if you happen to be remotely nearby (it doesn't matter if youre even in the room, he gets up when you are two rooms across or high up on one of the floors. However I have a feeling you guys already know about the "glitch."

I realized that making a bunch of little comments isn't very helpful so I made a big bunch of ideas. I used red text in some places to make it easier to read.
Weapon Ideas: Skeletron could drop a missile combo that makes your missiles bounce off of walls.
Eye of Cthulhu could drop a primary B beam addon that shoots little eye beams that curve towards enemies as demon eyes do.
Nightmare could drop an accessory that makes enemies have terrible vertical mobility when you do a thing.
A missile combo from Queen Bee that shoots bees.
Serris could have a Primary missile that makes it go so fast you can even see the missile.
Torizo arm that shoots those beam projectiles that is melee.
The destroyer could drop something that is similar to the Vortex Storm.
Maybe a slime beam-type from King Slime.
Duke Fishron could drop a bubble missile charge.
The martian saucer could drop a laser similar to the supernova.
Maybe Plantera or some of the mushroom enemies could drop a spore beam addon.
Perhaps you could make the normal flamethrower charge be made earlier so you could have Spazmatism drop a curse flamethrower.
The Wall of flesh could maybe have a Primary A weapon that is like a spread shot, so it looks kind of like a wall when shot.
The Torizo could also maybe have a Mage weapon that looks like the spotlights from Zero Mission but they deal damage.
Maybe Betsy could drop a beam addon like the red plasma beam that shoots their falling fireballs.
Maybe you could craft a venom missile or something from spider fangs.
Cacatac could drop a sword that shoots its spine attacks.
Maybe the old one's army could drop a kind of wave beam cause they can phase through blocks when they are purple.
Maybe you could have the mourning wood drop a missile primary that fires stakes.
The Pumpking could drop a beam addon that shoots those pumpkins from The Horseman's Blade.
The Santa-NK1 could have a weapon that is a terminator reference.
Maybe some granite beam addon or something.
You could do the laser that the necromancer shoots as a different charge beam.
Maybe you could have a beam addon that is like the Red Devil's projectiles.
There could be a shield charge beam thing, where when you charge the beam there is a shield where ever you point that refects projectiles while the beam charges.
Maybe the Cyborg could sell some new things.
Once Ridley gets added it would be neat if they were to drop a summoner whip that looks like their tail. Obviously only once Tmodloader is in 1.4.

Enemy Ideas: You could have an enemy in the dungeon that is like a fallen bounty hunter.
The Chozo ruins felt a bit empty apart from the Torizo, maybe make some robots that try to attack you like the ones in AM2R.
Alpha Metroids could be like mini-bosses. Or maybe you could have Metroid nests throughout the world that have Zeta Metroids in them.
The Chozo NPC could sell the blocks from all of the 2d Metroids (Like the missile block and crumble block.) They could also just sell energy shards instead of a Torizo summon, and maybe they could have an accessory or two.

Last edited:
So I decided to test out Overhaul with the mod and one of the more problematic issue is placing Bombs into Morph Ball, which causes the game to crash.

This mod made me get un-lazy and update my music mod pack from 1.4.0 release to work on 1.4.1.X and tModLoader as I had a lot of Super Metroid music in it that'd fit with the mod itself. (There's a bunch of other titles in there as well, but a good bit is SM related.)

Is a complete overhaul of the base music in the plans, or no? (Or maybe even actual specific biomes that can spawn with tilesets themed from Metroid.)

Finally I can give me some time to write you guys. What a hell of a month. I played the mod and ended a while ago but didnt have time to tell you.

I did a playthrough with this mod (with Calamity because extra biomes) and was so much fun! In the entire game I found just one bug (the Serris one, but I see it was adressed already)
So, what a nicely done piece of art we have here. I am so amazed, not because Scoot and the team did a great job, that was present in my mind all the time before the launch day, but because it merges perfectly with the vanilla progresion. With all the tiers and all.
And just one bug/memory leak because how TModlader64 manages the things? Whoa, just whoa...
My fav thing were how the metroid creatures roam the world and how awesome are the huds for beam/missile/morphball. Oh and the Chozo Statues all over the place <3
And dont ask me about the bosses... I could write pages just with them.
My first encounter was a Geemer, walking in circles in a floating stone wall, just like in Super Metroid or Zero. Loved that.
And I have a nice fun story about the Ice Beam, to make it short I proceed to the Dungeon, so happy because I could do Beam with the new bones. Went to home, made it, back to the Dungeon and... surprise! A Chozo Statue with the Ice Beam in the first big room! Hilarius.
20210114164051_1.jpg
Here `-_-`:D

Almost forgot, it was a nice touch you made the secret 5 morphball bombs trick.`:cool:
Are there any of the Beams secrets made too? Can't manage to do them. Or the secret revive with the Super Bombs?`:naughty:

20210121205929_1.jpg
This was my base. An under ice Spaceship. Wanted a isolation feel, like in Metroid games. Had the red door the most time (and I prefer the red ilumination this time) but tried all the doors.

I want to thank you Scooterboot, and your team. You made me very happy, confortable and cozy, and changed things in a lonely and ugly time of my life.

Thanks you deeply, sincerely,
and my best wishes.

So I decided to test out Overhaul with the mod and one of the more problematic issue is placing Bombs into Morph Ball, which causes the game to crash.
Yeah, I ran into this issue as well. So far, that seems to be the only major issue with equipping metroid items. To work around it, you can just disable overhaul, slot the bombs, and then re-enable overhaul. You can use them just fine. Also, I found that I was able to swap to upgraded bombs just fine (I had found another morph ball bomb item, and upgraded to the fire bombs, and I could just swap it over the normal bombs and it didn't crash.)

======

Apart from that, the only other major concerns i've had running Metroid along with Overhaul (I run more than these two, but I did see Overhaul was listed as 'may cause issues' in the OP for this mod) have been the serris fight, which is a known issue, and the fact that I think Overhaul's 'dodge roll' mechanic may somehow be preventing the sommersault effect on the various metroid items from working.

**Notes to the awesome devs regarding these two issues**
- For the Serris fight, apart from the other concerns noted (issues with the sound dropping, etc), I was using a summon item from Calamity mod ("Staff of Necrosteocytes"). I figured out that if I had this particular summon active, it would guarantee a crash once I got inevitably hit after summoning Serris. Once i stopped using it, I then encountered the other known issues a time or two, and was able to beat Serris.

- For the somersault, I have the space boots equipped, and wasn't able to get it to trigger, and couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong. I was able to backflip off of a wall if I came at it and pressed away, but i wasn't sure if that was from Metroid or overhaul, tbh. I was able to get the somersault working when I had disabled overhaul briefly to equip morph ball bombs (and also trying to fight serris, lol). I hope there's some way to get both the somersault and the dodge roll working, but honestly, if I had to pick one, I want the somersault. (But I like most of the other things Overhaul adds, doh)

======
That said, this mod is amazing. The first time I used the speed booster special, I quoted Ian Malcolm's line from Jurassic Park. "You did it... you crazy sonofab***h, you did it!" So much nostalgia and awesomeness. Thank you for your time and hard work and dedication to bringing even this version to fruition. I hope you're able to continue polishing and refining the mod till it meets your vision, because I feel like that vision is pretty freaking awesome.

Last edited:
Yeah, I ran into this issue as well. So far, that seems to be the only major issue with equipping metroid items. To work around it, you can just disable overhaul, slot the bombs, and then re-enable overhaul. You can use them just fine. Also, I found that I was able to swap to upgraded bombs just fine (I had found another morph ball bomb item, and upgraded to the fire bombs, and I could just swap it over the normal bombs and it didn't crash.)

======

Apart from that, the only other major concerns i've had running Metroid along with Overhaul (I run more than these two, but I did see Overhaul was listed as 'may cause issues' in the OP for this mod) have been the serris fight, which is a known issue, and the fact that I think Overhaul's 'dodge roll' mechanic may somehow be preventing the sommersault effect on the various metroid items from working.

**Notes to the awesome devs regarding these two issues**
- For the Serris fight, apart from the other concerns noted (issues with the sound dropping, etc), I was using a summon item from Calamity mod ("Staff of Necrosteocytes"). I figured out that if I had this particular summon active, it would guarantee a crash once I got inevitably hit after summoning Serris. Once i stopped using it, I then encountered the other known issues a time or two, and was able to beat Serris.

- For the somersault, I have the space boots equipped, and wasn't able to get it to trigger, and couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong. I was able to backflip off of a wall if I came at it and pressed away, but i wasn't sure if that was from Metroid or overhaul, tbh. I was able to get the somersault working when I had disabled overhaul briefly to equip morph ball bombs (and also trying to fight serris, lol). I hope there's some way to get both the somersault and the dodge roll working, but honestly, if I had to pick one, I want the somersault. (But I like most of the other things Overhaul adds, doh)

======
That said, this mod is amazing. The first time I used the speed booster special, I quoted Ian Malcolm's line from Jurassic Park. "You did it... you crazy sonofab***h, you did it!" So much nostalgia and awesomeness. Thank you for your time and hard work and dedication to bringing even this version to fruition. I hope you're able to continue polishing and refining the mod till it meets your vision, because I feel like that vision is pretty freaking awesome.
I can seriously relate to that quote when I was playing through this mod, I really love how this mod also managed to replicate the same amount of serotonin i get when I obtain a new item during a metroid game during my playthrough.

Last edited:
Finally I can give me some time to write you guys. What a hell of a month. I played the mod and ended a while ago but didnt have time to tell you.

I did a playthrough with this mod (with Calamity because extra biomes) and was so much fun! In the entire game I found just one bug (the Serris one, but I see it was adressed already)
So, what a nicely done piece of art we have here. I am so amazed, not because Scoot and the team did a great job, that was present in my mind all the time before the launch day, but because it merges perfectly with the vanilla progresion. With all the tiers and all.
And just one bug/memory leak because how TModlader64 manages the things? Whoa, just whoa...
My fav thing were how the metroid creatures roam the world and how awesome are the huds for beam/missile/morphball. Oh and the Chozo Statues all over the place <3
And dont ask me about the bosses... I could write pages just with them.
My first encounter was a Geemer, walking in circles in a floating stone wall, just like in Super Metroid or Zero. Loved that.
And I have a nice fun story about the Ice Beam, to make it short I proceed to the Dungeon, so happy because I could do Beam with the new bones. Went to home, made it, back to the Dungeon and... surprise! A Chozo Statue with the Ice Beam in the first big room! Hilarius.
View attachment 308029
Here `-_-`:D

Almost forgot, it was a nice touch you made the secret 5 morphball bombs trick.`:cool:
Are there any of the Beams secrets made too? Can't manage to do them. Or the secret revive with the Super Bombs?`:naughty:

View attachment 308026
This was my base. An under ice Spaceship. Wanted a isolation feel, like in Metroid games. Had the red door the most time (and I prefer the red ilumination this time) but tried all the doors.

I want to thank you Scooterboot, and your team. You made me very happy, confortable and cozy, and changed things in a lonely and ugly time of my life.

Thanks you deeply, sincerely,
and my best wishes.
You're always heart warming

I found a sort of bug, where if you put wings that have a particle in the vanity slot and you do a somersault the particles are positioned where the wings would be if you weren't spinning. It doesn't really matter that much but I thought I would mention it.

I am curious if there will be an escape sequence of any kind in this mod; mostly because it's a staple in Metroid for them and it would be interesting to see how one would work in the context of Terraria

Back
Top Bottom