Absurdly Simple Combination Lock (Custom Password, Over 8 million possibilities)

Should it go to a larger amount?

• No, more than 8 million is just petty

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, bring it to its maximum potential!

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
I think most of us have seen the ridiculous combo locks with logic gates and binary inputs (whatever that means) that no mere mortal can comprehend. To make things simpler, I've brought forth an 8-million different combo lock, with the classic money vault. So yee your haws and how your dys, because here it is!

No wire
kX03ZPJ.png

Wire
jsTCevG.png

Explanation: Each switch actuates/solidifies a block that blocks the dart from firing. If all the blocks are actuated, the dart can reach the teal pressure plate and send a signal, doing whatever it wishes (in this case, unlocking my fancy platinum vault). To customize this, actuate/solidify any of the blocks without using those switches (some green wire and a lever should do the trick).

So uhh...
In your build, if open the door once, then close it again, you can open it a second time without entering a password `:indifferent:
So I thought I'd make my own version where the password resets after you close the door so that you have to enter the password each time before opening the door but not before closing it

I wanted to continue with the (Not so) Simplistic theme so I decided not to use any logic gates or "Complex wiring thingies" (I avoided using Junction boxes) and I tried keeping wiring colors usage to a minimum

It turned out more complex than I wanted it to be but I couldn't make it simpler than that *Shrug*

So here it is

Capture 2019-06-12 21_59_48.png

Capture 2019-06-12 21_59_54.png

Also, I had no Platinum coins on me so I used silver ones `:p

Amazing! So useful! I painted the blocks on top with shadow paint because othrrwise it is like having a padlock made out of clear plastic xD

@Moh.M@gdy do you have an explanation on how this works? Seems amazing!

I also added a SR Flip Flop with another switch so you can close the vault xD

Back
Top Bottom