Equipment Loadouts

This looks like a super helpful mod, especially in cases of using more than one class per playthrough or just alternate loadouts for the same class. However, there's one thing that hasn't led me to load this for every playthrough just yet. Is there any way to make specific item slots stay the same across loadouts? For example, the grapple hook or minecart slot, perhaps even specific accessory slots? This would be great for items that generally stay the same across builds like the Ankh Shield. Or maybe that's already a thing and I missed it? It kinda looked like in the video shown, a few items stay the same across loadouts.

Would it be possible to apply this to hotbar slots too?

This looks like a super helpful mod, especially in cases of using more than one class per playthrough or just alternate loadouts for the same class. However, there's one thing that hasn't led me to load this for every playthrough just yet. Is there any way to make specific item slots stay the same across loadouts? For example, the grapple hook or minecart slot, perhaps even specific accessory slots? This would be great for items that generally stay the same across builds like the Ankh Shield. Or maybe that's already a thing and I missed it? It kinda looked like in the video shown, a few items stay the same across loadouts.

Would it be possible to apply this to hotbar slots too?
Hey, the decision to not let items persist across multiple loadouts was purely to balance the mod. So, to answer your question: it is not possible to do it. I like the idea of making the hotbar also change as you cycle between loadouts. If I get to add it to the mod, it'll most likely be togglable in the configs.

theirs seem to be a problem with this mod involving multiplayer...the server completely crashes after a few seconds when this mod is used in multiplayer

theirs seem to be a problem with this mod involving multiplayer...the server completely crashes after a few seconds when this mod is used in multiplayer
Hey, are you launching your server through the dedicated executor by any chance? I've pushed an update just now that should fix any issues you might be having in multiplayer.

Last edited:
Hey, are you launching your server through the dedicated executor by any chance? I've pushed an update just now that should fix any issues you might be having in multiplayer.
im actually running it on steam intergration but ill be doing a check now.....

and after leaving the server running for a bit the client freezes and close itself with this error.

[00:35:26] [17/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveFileFormatHeader(BinaryWriter writer)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld_Version2(BinaryWriter writer)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

[00:35:26] [17/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveFileFormatHeader(BinaryWriter writer)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.SaveWorld_Version2(BinaryWriter writer)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
-----------------------
their is also a error in the server log.

[00:35:23] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at Loadouts.ELPlayer.PostUpdate() in Loadouts\ELPlayer.cs:line 47
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PostUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
making the ui movable would be a great addition honestly, fantastic mod overall!
Hey, the UI is movable! If you "unlock" the lock on the top left corner of the UI, you can press LMB down on the menu and drag it around. Simply "lock" the lock again to save its position.

im actually running it on steam intergration but ill be doing a check now.....

and after leaving the server running for a bit the client freezes and close itself with this error.
Sorry for the very late reply, been a bit away from tModLoader. The last update I released should've fixed issues like this. Not sure if these errors persist for you but they definitely shouldn't, let me know!

This is sooo cool!!
How did u get it in 1.4?

Sorry for the very late reply, been a bit away from tModLoader. The last update I released should've fixed issues like this. Not sure if these errors persist for you but they definitely shouldn't, let me know!
yep it still happened

Hello, just wanted to say it's still not working on a server (it's crashing after a while, at least when using host and play ingame to start the server), it would be nice if you could fix it

Last edited:
Hello, just wanted to say it's still not working on a server (it's crashing after a while, at least when using host and play ingame to start the server), it would be nice if you could fix it
I've been very busy lately but I'll try to find some time to find the issue. Could you recreate the crash again and send me the logs please?

Send me both the client.log and server.log located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs

I've been very busy lately but I'll try to find some time to find the issue. Could you recreate the crash again and send me the logs please?

Send me both the client.log and server.log located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs
Don't worry, I'm really thankful to you for taking your time to take a look and answering me.
While I'm playing with the 64 bit version of the TModLoader, I did try it with the 32 bit version too. Both crashed after a while, and since I wasn't sure if there are any differnce in the logs, I'm including both the normal and 64 bit version. I even tried it with only the Loadout mod installed. And I'm sorry but even though I played on English, some German is mixed in the log files, and I did not know how to change that. If it's importent: I tried it with the steam version ingame Play and Host option. If there is anything else which needs clarification I will try my best to answer. Thank you for reading and have a Nice Day or Evening.

Attachments

• client 32bit.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 41
  • client 64bit.log
    8.1 KB · Views: 81
  • server 32bit.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 51
  • server 64bit.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 63
Don't worry, I'm really thankful to you for taking your time to take a look and answering me.
While I'm playing with the 64 bit version of the TModLoader, I did try it with the 32 bit version too. Both crashed after a while, and since I wasn't sure if there are any differnce in the logs, I'm including both the normal and 64 bit version. I even tried it with only the Loadout mod installed. And I'm sorry but even though I played on English, some German is mixed in the log files, and I did not know how to change that. If it's importent: I tried it with the steam version ingame Play and Host option. If there is anything else which needs clarification I will try my best to answer. Thank you for reading and have a Nice Day or Evening.
I've released an update on the mod browser. Hopefully it fixed all the crashing issues I've been reported. Thank you for the extensive logs, they were helpful.

I've released an update on the mod browser. Hopefully it fixed all the crashing issues I've been reported. Thank you for the extensive logs, they were helpful.
Thank you so much! I have played for about 2 hours just now with Play and Host (64 bit version). There was no crash and no Error at all the entire time.

I'm really happy there's a mod to add loadouts since calamity / tmodloader doesn't have the vanilla ones in yet, but I'm having a compatibility issue with Magic Storage, I think. When this mod is enabled, I'm unable to quick stack to the storage hub.

so not sure if this is an issue within the mod or if it was never meant to support it but when using the item from calamity that increases your accessory slots by 1 making it 7. if you put an item in that slot the item stays there no matter what loadout you choose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom