tModLoader Metroid Mod

I get this error when I get stuck in the air.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MetroidMod.MPlayer.PreUpdate() in MetroidMod\MPlayer.cs:line 187
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Maybe for compatibility with the Joost mod, you should be able to craft the Fusion suit when fighting the SA-X? And the Fusion Suit should be able to absorb the X-Parasites unharmed?
If I remember correctly Joost did help make the mod to some degree

Not sure if there's a way to temporarily disable recall potions, but some event that's activated in hell that requires you to quickly get back to the surface without teleporting would be interesting. Maybe metroid fusion style where you have to go up then defeat a boss that spawns before time runs out.
With IL editing, it's possible, although such code is very advanced and can easily break things. I think IL editing is already used in the mod, so the devs are familiar with doing that.
Did anyone defeated moon lord? How did you guys did it?We are talking using strictly metroid gear of course
Sadly, I don't recall how I did it, but I know I did managed to pull it off. I most likely used beams from the celestial fragments and maybe an end game missile combo. At this point, you're highly mobile, likely to the point you can dodge the big laser without needing a flight mount.
Now all we need is a metroidlike custom map and we will have true metroidvania on our hands
I think one or two people in this thread mentioned working on their own, so we probably have it coming.

I've been loving the mod so far and can't wait to see more implementations like extra bosses and stuff and suits.

I encountered a weird bug but can't really explain how it happened or what triggered it. I noticed it during a solar eclipse

weapons are not working properly and are no longer piercing. Power bombs stop as soon as they hit anything solid and can be interrupted by anything getting too close. Difussion missiles stop spreading as soon as they hit something. I tried closing the game and leaving the world and they are still broken. I'm using the 64bit loader but it worked fine until today [Feb 20]

I removed all accesories and everything else i equipped from the mod (speed booster, charge beam, regular bombs, reserve tanks) still works properly

Edit: So it seems there's a new element in the newest thorium update that may have some conflict with the mod.

Last edited:
I've been loving the mod so far and can't wait to see more implementations like extra bosses and stuff and suits.

I encountered a weird bug but can't really explain how it happened or what triggered it. I noticed it during a solar eclipse

weapons are not working properly and are no longer piercing. Power bombs stop as soon as they hit anything solid and can be interrupted by anything getting too close. Difussion missiles stop spreading as soon as they hit something. I tried closing the game and leaving the world and they are still broken. I'm using the 64bit loader but it worked fine until today [Feb 20]

I removed all accesories and everything else i equipped from the mod (speed booster, charge beam, regular bombs, reserve tanks) still works properly
If I am not mistaken, 64Bit has issues with this mod. I think.
EDIT: Yep, it says it on the first page of this forum.

I wonder if you can make the dungeon and the temple into metroid areas, with both having greater chances of certain metroid items that are in progression, like post skeletron and pre golem items respectively

Started another playthrough with this mod with a focus on using the Hunter class. Was going to wait longer, but, I feel like doing it now. I have multiple major content mods loaded like Thorium, Mod of Redemption, and Elements Awoken. Yes, I know you normally shouldn't mix content mods due to numerous issues like unexpected bugs and balance between them being off, even if they aim for vanilla balance. I acknowledge and take reasonability for this. Besides, I'll be using the Hunter class weapons, armor, and many accessory slots, so those particular balance issues from multiple content mods will hardly be a factor. This mainly comes down to more content to try the class on. Like I'm curious to how far past ML I can go before the class is too weak.

Could the blue hatch doors allow opening from melee attacks, as in the ones that are not projectiles like how spears are? I know you can right click the hatches to open them and I know their text says opens from any projectile. To me it seems odd melee attacks can't open them. Maybe it caused issues and thus wasn't given support?

Also, from my other playthroughs with this mod, although not playing as Hunter class, I feel the Metroid spawn rate in the dungeon is too high, to the point if you massively increase spawn rate, they'll spawn so often as to take the spots of other dungeon enemies.

Edit: Wow, the Spazer beam is so powerful. With just that, you can absolutely destroy earlier bosses like KS and EoC. I did originally find it in the underground jungle, which may be considered sequence breaking, but I also found it in an underground crimson, which too may be considered a sequence break if you do it prior to EoC. At least I didn't get the Reaver Shark to mine hellstone per boss, I'll only go so far in sequence breaking. Well, high reward for a high risk in early underground jungle exploring, right? You also need to look around to get certain items like the Spider Ball since otherwise, you can't craft them till early hardmode.

Last edited:
I had a two fold suggestion. One: Allow bosses to have a chance to drop missle expansions, for people playing the mod in multiplayer and two: add more items to the chozo statues, there’s not enough variety. I would especially love it if you could get the armor sets from the chozo statues similar to the games

Last edited:
Did anyone defeated moon lord? How did you guys did it?We are talking using strictly metroid gear of course
Now getting back to you since I just did the ML fight again in full Hunter gear, I find that you'll want a form of space jump to maintain height and the speed booster for a quick getaway like from lasers. Actually, I think you can dodge through lasers with careful timing. What I had was the beam weapon with the four celestial beams and charge beam v2. Charge your beam while waiting for the ML to expose parts of himself. You'll have homing, so you don't have to aim exactly to hit him. Took me a couple of tries, first time I wasn't entirely prepared, but he wasn't a very long fight for me. I didn't find missiles so useful.

Speaking of missiles, they seem pretty weak with the end game ones, at least the non-charged shots. The end game beams massively out pace missiles in DPS. Considering missiles are consumables and don't fire as fast for non-charged shots, I think they should be a lot stronger.

I second the suggestion for bosses to drop missile expansions. Could be just the first time you kill them. Actually, I swear the suggestion came up multiple times, again. Wow, I don't memory so good on this. I think the very first Metroid game did this. Not that it needs to be in Metroid to be in this mod, but it is a case to argue from. Although this again comes down to Metroid and Terraria being quite different genres and everything couldn't smoothly transfer over in an 1:1 fashion.

I totally forgot about this mod... but I am super happy to see it released in some capacity! Going to be trying it soon. Excellent work and congratulations on the release!

brother I have some ideas that I would love to see and not only me, but the whole metroidterraria community would like it, first the jungle could be brinstar, there would be monsters to brinstar and have references from the biome, and in it have an area similar to the golem where he will find the boss plant, in hell he will have to do it similar to norfair and kraid needs to do it like the meat wall where he has to make a specific item, kraid is gigantic! it needs to be a little bit the size of the meat wall! the phantom could appear on the surface but in an area similar to the golem where you need a key to enter the destroyed ship on the surface, I wish your mod a lot of prosperity, we are loving it very much and I hope my ideas help you with something :)

brother I have some ideas that I would love to see and not only me, but the whole metroidterraria community would like it, first the jungle could be brinstar, there would be monsters to brinstar and have references from the biome, and in it have an area similar to the golem where he will find the boss plant, in hell he will have to do it similar to norfair and kraid needs to do it like the meat wall where he has to make a specific item, kraid is gigantic! it needs to be a little bit the size of the meat wall! the phantom could appear on the surface but in an area similar to the golem where you need a key to enter the destroyed ship on the surface, I wish your mod a lot of prosperity, we are loving it very much and I hope my ideas help you with something :)
What you're asking for is a custom map. I think some people in this topic expressed making them.

Okay, I know I posted just a little while ago, but I'm having a recurring issue:
I've been attempting to have a Metroid Mod + Joostmod playthrough with the Jojostands mod thrown in there for fun (plus some other smaller quality of life mods), and I've gotten to the same point in my two playthroughs of this nature when the same issue occurs: Crafting the Nova Beam and Nova Laser breaks the game. The Instant I do that, charge-slot functionality becomes utterly unusable. I can still fire single shots, but charge-based functions simple do not work. I gave a more in-depth description of what that looked like a while ago if it helps. I have no idea why this keeps happening! Please help!

I'm really bummed, because I did a Metroid Mod-only playthrough (with some quality of life mods still added), and I got all the way to the Moon Lord and everything was working fine. It was only once I added other stuff that things started messing up!

Seriously, I'm in love with the mod, and would LOVE to be able to have a full on Terraria-hosted Samus vs SA-X fight! The music is decent, the sound efffects are on point, and the morph ball is some of the most practical fun I've had with a mount! That's not even mentioning the metaphorical blast I've had playing with the upgradable/module-style weapons! If not for the glitch I'm encountering, my only other desires would be to have some Metroid (creature)-style summoning weapons, a Ridley fight (probably in the underworld), and perhaps a new generated structure that goes underground to fight Mother Brain in as near-Moon Lord-Level bosses? I only propose a generated structure for Mother Brain because she normally walks in the original game, and the grounded bosses in the mod more-than-occasionally have trouble with platforms/falling through uneven ground. Also it would just be cool to have an area reminiscent of the actual game area to fight Mother Brain in!

As someone who's never gotten to play a real Metroid game himself, this mod has been a magnificent stand-in, and I'd really like to be able to play all the way through! Any assistance in conquering this glitch would have me over the moon(lord) with joy! To anyone in this forum, please respond at your quickest leisure!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom