Console Console release

Sorry, there is no current information on a release date. I'm sure Re-Logic and DR Studios will let us know as soon as they do.

problem is they already have pc and mobile out they should have put them all out at the same time
PC is handled by a completely separate team to Console and Mobile, and at the time that mobile 1.4 was released, so did console and mobile (though console was recently moved to the mobile dev team).
Because of this, and the fact that the teams are different sizes and abilities making them all release at the same time would just mean that other players would have to wait longer for updates.

The thing is that the console port is coming much faster than anyone expected. They started work in October after mobile was finished being ported I believe, which means it’s only been four and a half months and it’s already close to done. Which is really impressive compared to the amount of time 1.3 took to port to consoles.

They’re also completely overhauling the user interface for 1.4 console, which takes work. They also need to optomize this update for consoles, making sure it works well and doesn’t have any gamebreaking bugs like the endless Stoned bug on Playstation’s 1.3 release.

It can’t just release at the same time on all consoles because re-logic isn’t in charge of console and mobile. Their expertise is PC and they develop for PC, and the other teams port jt to console - and that said other team, DR studios, is working impressively fast.

The UI didnt need any changes though, and who actually plays on mobile anyway so way port that before console which has a bigger player base

I read the linked article. :) I think you may have misunderstood. It does not give a release date for 1.4 console being in 2020 or early 2021.

And even if it did, that website is not an official source (any website can say whatever they want, doesn't mean that the developers actually said it unless they link to an official source). It's tricky out there, but don't believe anything you read unless it's coming from Re-Logic, 505 Games, or DR Studios. So far, they have not given any console release date.

The UI didnt need any changes though, and who actually plays on mobile anyway so way port that before console which has a bigger player base
A lot of people, actually. You may not play on mobile because of the stigma behind mobile gaming, but mobile terraria actually has a pretty big playerbase.

Regardless of that, DR was working on 1.4 mobile at the same time Pipeworks was working on 1.4 console, and in late 2020 Pipeworks gave console to DR as well. It’s nothing to do with which to port to first, it has to do with which one they started on first.

The UI needs an overhaul because of Journey Mode, iirc. I don’t know the details of it, but they need the new UI to work with Journey Mode.

have you seen the UI, it looks like a cluster :red: there is just to much
I respectfully disagree, I’m looking at the current UI teaser from the state of the game and it looks pretty well organized. You have main inventory, chest contents, recipes and equipment in their own spots. There’s not anything you need more than that, and it can’t really function with less either.

And I’m not saying you have to *like* the new UI, there’s a few people who don’t still, but there’s also the fact that it’s still being adjusted so that it works for everyone while having everything it needs.

have you seen the UI, it looks like a cluster :red: there is just to much
I have, and I am looking forward to it. DR Studios did a great job on the mobile version - it is far superior in every way. The console version is looking similar, so I have every confidence it will be just as good. It can only be an improvement on the current UI which minimises crafting which is such an important part if the game.

Back
Top Bottom