What is the most useless item in Terraria to you?

clinger staff and crystal staff, the magic weapons from the biome mimics, WHY DO THEY GIVE MAGES THIS :red:
They were both buffed so they’re good as utility items now. Clinger staff has infinite piercing now and crystal vile shard pierces both walls and defense which means it’s good for exploration (just not bosses)

ah, so they're not as :red:ing usless anymore
Yeah. Clinger Staff is nuts for the Old One’s Army and the Destroyer since it doesn’t disappear after 20 hits anymore, and situationally useful for cave exploring and Pirates. Definitely not a bossing weapon though. Crystal Vile Shard is decent underground for hitting past walls or stunlocking in invasions, but I’d argue Life Drain does both of those better.

Yeah. Clinger Staff is nuts for the Old One’s Army and the Destroyer since it doesn’t disappear after 20 hits anymore, and situationally useful for cave exploring and Pirates. Definitely not a bossing weapon though. Crystal Vile Shard is decent underground for hitting past walls or stunlocking in invasions, but I’d argue Life Drain does both of those better.
Life Drain needs line of sight to work.

Elf Melter, this thing is objectively worse than the stake launcher in every situation.
Comes from a harder event.
Has substantially less dps.
Has substantially less range.
Pierces fewer times.
Has a harsher damage drop off per enemy hit 15% vs. stake's 10%
Has less knockback.
Ammo can't be bought.
Can't benefit from any of the shroomite helmets, quivers or use the rifle scope effect.

Confetti Cannon is pretty useless. It costs 25 gold, and what it does can be done much quicker and cheaper with a Confetti Gun, which cost 1 silver each instead, which is also half the price of what the ammo for the Confetti Cannon costs.

Confetti Cannon is pretty useless. It costs 25 gold, and what it does can be done much quicker and cheaper with a Confetti Gun, which cost 1 silver each instead, which is also half the price of what the ammo for the Confetti Cannon costs.
Pretty much everything from the Party Girl is useless, tbh. The only good items she sells are Rockets, Pigronatas if you’re too lazy to fish for good food, the Party Station for the cake buff and Bubble Blocks. Everything else is a toy that’s overpriced and entertaining for about three seconds.

Pretty much everything from the Party Girl is useless, tbh. The only good items she sells are Rockets, Pigronatas if you’re too lazy to fish for good food, the Party Station for the cake buff and Bubble Blocks. Everything else is a toy that’s overpriced and entertaining for about three seconds.
The Pogo Stick is a pretty good mount in my opinion. But yeah most of her stuff doesn't do anything useful. Also you can't get the Slice of Cake from her during a manually summoned party, so the Party Station is only useful for making the Party Girl sell Pigronatas.

The Pogo Stick is a pretty good mount in my opinion. But yeah most of her stuff doesn't do anything useful. Also you can't get the Slice of Cake from her during a manually summoned party, so the Party Station is useless too.
Forgot about pogo stick. Also I didn’t know you need an automatic party for cake, mostly because I’ve never tried. Kind of kills the point of party stations, ngl.

Last edited:
Awww. Fun detected, fun deleted sort of thing. Oh well. I suppose I rarely used that anyhow because by the time I get to hardmode I usually have some 300+ fireflies anyhow.

EDIT: Meh, didn't notice that there were a ton more posts. This was in reference to the flower boots no longer providing bait.

Last edited:
Awww. Fun detected, fun deleted sort of thing. Oh well. I suppose I rarely used that anyhow because by the time I get to hardmode I usually have some 300+ fireflies anyhow.

EDIT: Meh, didn't notice that there were a ton more posts. This was in reference to the flower boots no longer providing bait.
Flower boots are basicly a vanity item that doesn't work in vanity slots (or at least the flower part doesn't).

Their “fix” actually didn’t even solve anything because it only prevents the flowers from dropping bait while you have them equipped, so you can equip them, run across a lot of jungle grass, then unequip them and break the grass and still get infinite bait that way.

Gravity globe...
Why is this a drop from the final boss?
Like I already have a hard time seeing use for stuff like the lava waders because thier effects can be replaced by potions but at least those have the excuse of being pre hardmode, not only is this thing replaced by a potion but it drops from the final boss, and prior to 1.4 it was actually an inferior effect to gravitaion potions because you couldn't flip gravity midair.
Oh and 1.4 also added the celestial starboard... it is obtained the exact same way as the globe but grants way better mobility.

Gravity globe...
Why is this a drop from the final boss?
Like I already have a hard time seeing use for stuff like the lava waders because thier effects can be replaced by potions but at least those have the excuse of being pre hardmode, not only is this thing replaced by a potion but it drops from the final boss, and prior to 1.4 it was actually an inferior effect to gravitaion potions because you couldn't flip gravity midair.
Oh and 1.4 also added the celestial starboard... it is obtained the exact same way as the globe but grants way better mobility.
I believe Gravity Globe is just there as a legacy item. It was in the game but unobtainable until 1.3, and making you finally able to have it after the final boss was probably just to honor that. Not to say it isn’t entirely useless, but I’m pretty sure that is why it exists.

Acho que a espada curta de cobre! Pequeno pedaço de merda! Mas primeiro, uma história ...

Você entra em um novo mundo. Quebre uma árvore e faça uma bancada. Cinco segundos depois, você tem uma espada de madeira. Acho que essa espada curta vai para o lixo!

Quero dizer, honestamente, se você vai fazer uma espada um minuto depois de criar um mundo, então de que adianta ter uma espada curta de cobre? o_O
enfim a zenit

Back
Top Bottom