NPCs & Enemies Changes to Fairy Behaviour

Fairies are very useful for finding treasure, because they lead you to them, unlike other ways of finding them, such as Spelunker Potions and the Metal Detector. I think that Fairies should change what loot they lead players to as you reach certain points in the game, because once you reach 400 max life they become mostly useless because Life Crystals are pretty common compared to other loot. I was also thinking that Fairies should lead you to certain rare creatures as well. Here are my suggestions for how they should change:

Stage of the game:Treasure lead to:
Pre-bossAll treasure
400 life achievedAll treasure except for Life Crystals
Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu defeatedDemonite, Crimtane, and Chests
Wall of Flesh defeatedCobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium, Strange Plants, Mimics and Truffle Worms
1 Mech boss defeatedLife Fruit, Mimics and Truffle Worms
All Mech bosses defeatedLife Fruit, Chlorophyte, Strange Plants, Mimics and Truffle Worms
500 life achievedChlorophyte, Strange Plants, Mimics and Truffle Worms
Plantera defeatedChlorophyte, Strange Plants, Truffle Worms, Prismatic Lacewings, and Biome Chests

Also, Fairies should prioritize chests that are specific to whatever biome the player is in, such as Ivy Chests for Jungle, Frozen Chests for Snow, Sandstone Chests for Desert, etc., because the reason you'd go to those biomes would be at least partially for those specific chests.

Last edited:
This is a great idea. But a few things I personally disagree with:
-Fairies should stop leading players to demonite/crimtane once an evil boss is killed, rather than vice-verca. A single evil boss kill usually gives enough of these ores to craft everything you need, and if for some reason you ever wanted more, farming EoC with post-evil boss gear is easy. Ultimately, this would just waste fairies.
-Same thing with hellstone and chlorophyte - hellstone is the only ore in the underworld, and there's a ton of it, so this would just be a waste of fairies. Whilst chlorophyte is a bit harder to find, you can easily set up some farms, which would again just lead to fairies wasting themselves leading you to your own farm.

Back
Top Bottom