Map-Adventure "The Hero's Quest" - A Terrarian Adventure

What did you think of my map, and how much do you think I can improve it?

• This map is amazing!! I absolutely love it. (9/10 - 10/10)

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • The map is really great, but it's not the best. (7/10 - 8/10)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I liked it, but it's not that good. (5/10 - 6/10)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • It's not good, but it has some potential. (3/10 - 4/10)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It sucks, I don't want to play it ever again. (1/10 - 2/10)

• The map is incredibly well done, there's very little to change.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • There are many things you could improve, but it's already pretty good.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • It needs a lot of work, you can improve so much.

• Total voters

StipulateVenus

Steampunker
Greetings, Terrarians!
For quite a few months I've been building an adventure map for the community. Today, I present you "The Hero's Quest", a single-player survival adventure.

The Angler's Treehouse.png

Inspired by Zuazzer's map "Crim Fate" (check it out, it's honestly amazing), this map follows the feats of an adventurer who leaves his hometown to aid the Terrarian Kingdom in their fight against the Crimson, an evil entity that spreads through the lands, consuming everything on its path and leaving a trail of blood, chaos and death. Travel all the way from Oak Hills to Watercastle, fighting mobs and protecting the few friends you meet on your journey; learn about the crimson menace in the hope that, one day, you might defeat it.
This map should be friendly to players not so familiar with the Terrarian experience. If you are new to the game, try playing the map, you might pick up on quite a few tricks you can use on your playthroughs. Of course, feel free to tell me your thoughts on the map and what you think I could improve. Experienced players will go by with a certain ease (specially if they are good at finding secret Chests, that will supply them with better gear and potions ;)), but the map does have challenge.
I've played it a million times and I still die at some points :D
*Note that this map is also available in the Steam Workshop!!

Here are a few snapshots to spice your curiosity:
Mayor Judith's House.png

The Graveyard.png

B.L.I.S.S..png

The Eye Sees the End.png

The Jungle's Sanctuary.png

Scorpion Team Camp.png

Blaze and Blood in the Volcano.png

Watercastle's Main Gate.png

How to Download:
Download the attached "The_Hero's_Quest.wld" file;
Place said file in your Terraria worlds folder (Documents > My Games > Terraria > Worlds);
Find the world and enter it.

Rules:
Use a new, softcore character;
Do NOT break blocks or furniture, except sand from Antlions;
Do NOT build or craft (unless told otherwise);
Do NOT buy items from NPCs (unless told otherwise);
Do NOT loot mannequins, plates or item frames;
Do NOT mess with the delicate wiring;
ALWAYS follow the map's rules and instructions;
Note that this is a single-player map.
Have fun!!

Features:
A great, compelling story;
Amazing visuals and buildings;
An immense map to explore;
Very strong and creative use of wiring and circuitry;
An incredible soundtrack;
A steady and satisfying gear and boss progression;
Tips and tricks for new Terrarians;
Plenty of secrets to find;
Scoring system for secrets;
A little final prize for those who manage to find ALL secrets.
*Doesn't require any 3rd party programs or mods.

There aren't any Credits for this map - I worked pretty much alone - but there are people I want to thank:
I'd like to thank Zuazzer (who now goes by "RealSaucer") for allowing me to take inspiration in his map; the story would be a lot worse if it weren't for you and your map;
I'd like to thank ChippyGaming, HappyDays, Pedguin and FuryForged for introducing me to the Terrarian Adventure Maps and this amazing community of map makers;
At last but not least, I'd like to thank Khaios and BlueJayTGaming for helping me perfect my building to the excellence you'll experience in this map.

The map file should be attached to this comment.

I really hope you guys enjoy my map, I had a lot of fun building it. Please tell me your opinion and suggestions on the comments, as well as your score (the number of diamonds you've found). If you did like the map, please consider sharing it to your closest Terrarians, it would help so much.
If you spot any mistakes, bugs or glitches, or anything, please tell me, I'll correct it and send the updated version.
If there's enough demand, I will translate the map to Brazilian Portuguese (which is the only other language I know, unfortunately). If you'd like to translate this map to other languages, feel free to do it, but credit my work if you do so.
Thanks for the attention, I wish you all a nice day!
StipulateVenus.

MAP CHANGELOG:

v. 1.0.2.: Made the B.L.I.S.S. section a lot easier. Added a couple light pets.

v. 1.0.3.: There we go.
Fixed the message for the Amber Mosquito secret;
Fixed "Slime Slaughter"'s summoner reward not working;
Added a few references to Chippy's video, "The Hero's Quest Part 1";
Changed the Mayor's House secret description and added a... note inside;
Added better lighting to the Geology Labs' area;
Made B.L.I.S.S. a bit easier;
Put a few warnings about certain map details;
Fixed the second question in the Trial of Wisdom (the first verse - which is very important - wouldn't show up);
Fixed not being able to escape the water in the final fight arena;
Added a few helpful notes;
Improved the King Slime's arena (more rope);
Added a few tips regarding rope throwing and the cell phone;
*Changed the Clothier's name to James;
*Added some James the Clothier backstory;

Removed the sign about the pit in the Bunker - you shouldn't find flippers so easily.

v. 1.0.4.: Fixed the Dryad's name not matching her name in the dialogue;
Changed the Trial of Wisdom, question number 3; should be easier now.

v. 1.4.2.: 1.4 Overhaul! There's a lot of stuff added, and I think I'll leave it to you all to find out.

Attachments

• The_Hero's_Quest v1.0.1.wld
    11.3 MB · Views: 2,408
  • The_Hero's_Quest v1.0.2.wld
    11.3 MB · Views: 803
  • The_Hero's_Quest v1.0.3.wld
    11.3 MB · Views: 603
  • The_Hero's_Quest v1.0.4.wld
    11.3 MB · Views: 4,428
  • B.L.I.S.S..png
    B.L.I.S.S..png
    298.8 KB · Views: 272
  • The Angler's Treehouse.png
    The Angler's Treehouse.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to get past the fist section of B.L.I.S.S.
Jumping to the switch in the top left seems impossible, as does jumping to either the chest or the ledge on the right side.
index.php

Am I missing something really obvious or does this need to be fixed?
P.S. Just found out that ChippyGaming recently made a video about this map and he couldn't figure out how to get past here either

Attachments

• bliss.PNG
    bliss.PNG
    333.3 KB · Views: 9,138
I can't seem to be able to get past the fist section of B.L.I.S.S.
Jumping to the switch in the top left seems impossible, as does jumping to either the chest or the ledge on the right side.
index.php

Am I missing something really obvious or does this need to be fixed?
P.S. Just found out that ChippyGaming recently made a video about this map and he couldn't figure out how to get past here either
The chest and the teleporter on the left are secrets, but the you can use the ropes to climb up the higher ledge.
Honestly, if you want one of the secrets, go for the left one. It's much better and it's easier to get to.
Please inform Chippy, my Internet connection sucks rn. I hope you two enjoy the map.
Thanks for telling me,
StipulateVenus.

29 💎 :)

I've recently seen Chippy's video on this map, and if there's anything that can get me back into Terraria, its an adventure map. I've finished it now, and I did enjoy it thoroughly, thanks for the effort in creating the map! I would say its a fairly simple plot of "the good guy goes and fight the bad evil monsters to save the world" kind of thing, but I think overall it is carried out well and there's a strong sense of direction given in context and dialogue so the player would always know what to do. Most of my negative criticism though would stem from the last parts of the map (SPOILERS BELOW)

It's mostly the three tests that I find to have some issues... The first one for strength, sometimes if you move into the area of the sensor switch and then move again, the mobs will spawn right back again. This is particularly problematic at the area with spiders and harpies. For those, the sensor would activate right as I'm at the spawn area resulting in me always taking damage. For the second test, I'm not sure whether this is how it's supposed to be done, but after trying to unsuccessfully jump onto the third block with the boulder (It's blocked by the blocks above), I realised that I could just get up to the area with the large sapphire by jumping into the pool of water with the flippers from the second block. And while I do like the idea of the third test, I kind of find the questions a little too "difficult" in that sense? I only knew the third one as I love Monty Python stuff but I think it would be "better" to maybe ask questions about the game itself or devs? Not really easy questions like when was Terraria released or smth, but just something that is more "relatable" I guess for us Terrarians. Of course, all final changes are to be decided by you, the map creator. I'm just offering my humble suggestions. And the last fight with the BoC, I'm sure its not supposed to be intended this way, but I ended up somehow summoning not one but around three to four BoC after removing the ruby so I just tp'ed back right away :p. Also, I have to be careful with the water as I found out that if I fall into the water, I won't be able to get back up onto the platform. I never trash my pickaxe during adventure maps, due to paranoia of something like this happening, and I could only get out my mining the red gemspark blocks. So... yea. Also one has to be very accurate with the rope coil throws otherwise...
Nevertheless, I do still think that this is a great map, and being the lazy :red: I am, I duplicated the diamonds to see the special ending. And I feel it would be a very nice bonus for those who get all the diamonds, and I love how the music track changes with each scene as well.
Well done, thanks for the adventure <3

Attachments

• Capture 2019-12-14 01_00_13.png
    Capture 2019-12-14 01_00_13.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 415
29 💎 :)

I've recently seen Chippy's video on this map, and if there's anything that can get me back into Terraria, its an adventure map. I've finished it now, and I did enjoy it thoroughly, thanks for the effort in creating the map! I would say its a fairly simple plot of "the good guy goes and fight the bad evil monsters to save the world" kind of thing, but I think overall it is carried out well and there's a strong sense of direction given in context and dialogue so the player would always know what to do. Most of my negative criticism though would stem from the last parts of the map (SPOILERS BELOW)

It's mostly the three tests that I find to have some issues... The first one for strength, sometimes if you move into the area of the sensor switch and then move again, the mobs will spawn right back again. This is particularly problematic at the area with spiders and harpies. For those, the sensor would activate right as I'm at the spawn area resulting in me always taking damage. For the second test, I'm not sure whether this is how it's supposed to be done, but after trying to unsuccessfully jump onto the third block with the boulder (It's blocked by the blocks above), I realised that I could just get up to the area with the large sapphire by jumping into the pool of water with the flippers from the second block. And while I do like the idea of the third test, I kind of find the questions a little too "difficult" in that sense? I only knew the third one as I love Monty Python stuff but I think it would be "better" to maybe ask questions about the game itself or devs? Not really easy questions like when was Terraria released or smth, but just something that is more "relatable" I guess for us Terrarians. Of course, all final changes are to be decided by you, the map creator. I'm just offering my humble suggestions. And the last fight with the BoC, I'm sure its not supposed to be intended this way, but I ended up somehow summoning not one but around three to four BoC after removing the ruby so I just tp'ed back right away :p. Also, I have to be careful with the water as I found out that if I fall into the water, I won't be able to get back up onto the platform. I never trash my pickaxe during adventure maps, due to paranoia of something like this happening, and I could only get out my mining the red gemspark blocks. So... yea. Also one has to be very accurate with the rope coil throws otherwise...
Nevertheless, I do still think that this is a great map, and being the lazy :red: I am, I duplicated the diamonds to see the special ending. And I feel it would be a very nice bonus for those who get all the diamonds, and I love how the music track changes with each scene as well.
Well done, thanks for the adventure <3
Wow, thanks for such a detailed review!!
I really appreciate it, even the criticism.
I did go myself through the Trials quite a few times, and the Strength one does seem hard, but I thought I'd leave it that way. Except for the Pigron, I really had to make it activate only once.
In the Resilience Trial, you're supposed to climb up to the left side, grab the flipper potions and then jump from bubble to bubble all the way to the sapphire lock.
The Wisdom Trial isn't difficult actually. Even if you don't know the answers, you can always come back and, as the answer options are only three, that gives you a great chance to go by. I might change it, though.
You're supposed to summon 4 BoCs in the final fight. I figured it'd be too easy to fight only one, especially with the Arkhalis.
Thank you for the suggestions and compliments, it's this kind of community feedback that keeps these maps going.

P.S.: look for diamonds in dressers and in "not so explored" parts of the map ;D

Last edited:
Fantastic mod! Very detailed. Great story. Fun action.

I keep getting stuck here though. Am I supposed to be getting a switch to put on that white gemspark wall a little east of the mushroom biome? How do we climb up to the surface from here? I don't even see any signs after leaving the minecart tracks. The narrative just kind of stops once you reach the bed.

EDIT: Also, is there a double jump ability in the map? There seem to be plenty of places that could really use it but there are still single-jump possible puzzles in those same areas. It's odd.

Otherwise, I have 41 Diamonds right now.

Attachments

• TerrariaHerosQuestStuck1.png
    TerrariaHerosQuestStuck1.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Note that these map files are outdated.
The 1.4.2 version is only available on the Steam Workshop as of right now. I might send it here though.

Fantastic mod! Very detailed. Great story. Fun action.

I keep getting stuck here though. Am I supposed to be getting a switch to put on that white gemspark wall a little east of the mushroom biome? How do we climb up to the surface from here? I don't even see any signs after leaving the minecart tracks. The narrative just kind of stops once you reach the bed.

EDIT: Also, is there a double jump ability in the map? There seem to be plenty of places that could really use it but there are still single-jump possible puzzles in those same areas. It's odd.

Otherwise, I have 41 Diamonds right now.
Thank you!!
There's a rope behind the waterfall. Just stand next to it and press up, you should grab it.

In the 1.4.2 version there is, in the very end. In the 1.3.5 version, you have an improved jump that's just as powerful.
Good job, you're doinf quite well in terms of Diamonds! I hope you manage to find them all :)

How the :red: am I supposed to beat the whole map as a mage? I explored every corner of the map with an endgame character and found literally no mage weapons other than the wand of sparking. Wasted 3 hours on this suffering marathon. Horrible first impression of a Terraria map.

How the :red: am I supposed to beat the whole map as a mage? I explored every corner of the map with an endgame character and found literally no mage weapons other than the wand of sparking. Wasted 3 hours on this suffering marathon. Horrible first impression of a Terraria map.
For one, playing class specific is really not advised. It will be a rough ride, you're just setting yourself up for trouble.
Secondly, you can find Amethyst and Emerald Staves in the B.L.I.S.S. section, as well as an Emerald Robe nearby (all of which are in secret chests). The one complaint so far hadn't found any of these, and they said later that it was actually fine.

Exploring the map with an endgame character won't help for the most part. Just go with the map's flow, search all dressers, scour every reachable corner (some are reachable even if they don't seem so) and think outside the box - you'll find a lot of secrets.
I'll play the map as mage only today, and I'll see what I can improve. I'll post a changelog here and on the forums if it requires updating.

Greetings, Terrarians!
For the past three months, I've been building an adventure map for the community. Today, I present you "The Hero's Quest", a single-player survival adventure.

Inspired by Zuazzer's map "Crim Fate" (check it out, it's honestly amazing), this map follows the feats of an adventurer who leaves his hometown to aid the Terrarian Kingdom in their fight against the Crimson, an evil entity that spreads through the lands, consuming everything on its path and leaving a trail of blood, chaos and death. Travel all the way from Oak Hills to Watercastle, fighting mobs and protecting the few friends you meet on your journey; learn about the crimson menace in the hope that, one day, you might defeat it.
This map should be friendly to players not so familiar with the Terrarian experience. If you are new to the game, try playing the map, you might pick up on quite a few tricks you can use on your playthroughs. Of course, feel free to tell me your thoughts on the map and what you think I could improve. Experienced players will go by with a certain ease (specially if they are good at finding secret Chests, that will supply them with better gear and potions ;)), but the map does have challenge.
I've played it a million times and I still die at some points :D
I suppose it can be played on new-gen consoles, but I haven't checked out. I built it on PC's 1.3.5.3 version, but I used materials available in the console's 1.3.4 version. Please inform me whether it can run on console or not.
Here are a few snapshots to spice your curiosity:

How to Download:
Download the attached "The_Hero's_Quest.wld" file;
Place said file in your Terraria worlds folder (Documents > My Games > Terraria > Worlds);
Find the world and enter it.

Rules:
Use a new, softcore character;
Do NOT break blocks or furniture, except sand from Antlions;
Do NOT build or craft (unless told otherwise);
Do NOT buy items from NPCs (unless told otherwise);
Do NOT loot mannequins or item frames;
Do NOT mess with the delicate wiring;
ALWAYS follow the map's rules and instructions;
Note that this is a single-player map.
Have fun!!

Features:
A great, compelling story;
Amazing visuals and buildings;
An immense map to explore;
Very strong and creative use of wiring and circuitry;
An incredible soundtrack;
A steady and satisfying gear and boss progression;
Tips and tricks for new Terrarians;
Plenty of secrets to find;
Scoring system for secrets;
A little final prize for those who manage to find ALL secrets.
*Doesn't require any 3rd party programs or mods.

There aren't any Credits for this map - I worked pretty much alone - but there are people I want to thank:
I'd like to thank Zuazzer (who now goes by "RealSaucer") for allowing me to take inspiration in his map; the story would be a lot worse if it weren't for you and your map;
I'd like to thank ChippyGaming, HappyDays, Pedguin and FuryForged for introducing me to the Terrarian Adventure Maps and this amazing community of map makers;
At last but not least, I'd like to thank Khaios and BlueJayTGaming for helping me perfect my building to the excellence you'll experience in this map.

The map file should be attached to this comment.

I really hope you guys enjoy my map, I had a lot of fun building it. Please tell me your opinion and suggestions on the comments, as well as your score (the number of diamonds you've found). If you did like the map, please consider sharing it to your closest Terrarians, it would help so much.
If you spot any mistakes, bugs or glitches, or anything, please tell me, I'll correct it and send the updated version.
If there's enough demand, I will translate the map to Brazilian Portuguese (which is the only other language I know, unfortunately). If you'd like to translate this map to other idioms, feel free to do it, but credit my work if you do so.
Thanks for the attention, I wish you all a nice day!
StipulateVenus.

PS.: It would be nice if PewDiePie played this, sooooo... ;)
By the way, I'm the one who sent the 1.4 post that appeared on LWIAY, informing Felix about it for the first time.
Now he just commented on a 1.4 spoiler.
"They grow up so fast..."

MAP CHANGELOG:

v. 1.0.2.: Made the B.L.I.S.S. section a lot easier. Added a couple light pets.

v. 1.0.3.: There we go.
Fixed the message for the Amber Mosquito secret;
Fixed "Slime Slaughter"'s summoner reward not working;
Added a few references to Chippy's video, "The Hero's Quest Part 1";
Changed the Mayor's House secret description and added a... note inside;
Added better lighting to the Geology Labs' area;
Made B.L.I.S.S. a bit easier;
Put a few warnings about certain map details;
Fixed the second question in the Trial of Wisdom (the first verse - which is very important - wouldn't show up);
Fixed not being able to escape the water in the final fight arena;
Added a few helpful notes;
Improved the King Slime's arena (more rope);
Added a few tips regarding rope throwing and the cell phone;
*Changed the Clothier's name to James;
*Added some James the Clothier backstory;

Removed the sign about the pit in the Bunker - you shouldn't find flippers so easily.

v. 1.0.4.: Fixed the Dryad's name not matching her name in the dialogue;
Changed the Trial of Wisdom, question number 3; should be easier now.
Can this be compatible with mobile players?

Back
Top Bottom