tAPI Necropolis Mod

Whenever I try to create a character (then click Create) It does this:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "Necro:FlyingBetta" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at Terraria.Player.HasBuff(System.String name)
at Necro.MPlayer.Save(TAPI.BinBuffer bb)
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(Terraria.Player p, System.String playerPath, System.Boolean skipMapSave = False)
at TAPI.Menu.<CreateMenus>b__f0()
at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch SP)
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
Help? %:sigh:

Alright... I'll try that then report back to the forums.
EDIT: I'm back, but only on my PC. Checking it now
EDIT 2: Isn't working after I did what Pumpking said to help, and now an inspection of the code (even though I have VERY MINIMAL experience with coding, not any with tApi)seems like an enemy or the mod is BLOCKING the pathway of creating a character... Halp again? ;/
EDIT 3 BECAUSE I'M SMART-ISH: Hey! I could create a char BEFORE I launched the mod (reloaded)! I'll try now and be back for edit 4...
EDIT 4: Ooh, new code! NOT AWESOME!
Here is the crash (sorta)info:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "Necro:FlyingBetta" found
at Terraria.Player.DeepClone()
at TAPI.Menu+<>c__DisplayClass28b+<>c__DisplayClass28d.<CreateMenus>b__a3()
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()

Last edited:
hello! I love your mod! but I noticed some strange things...while in the dungeon I saw electric eels and bubbles...the dungeon is near the ocean so I assume its related to that..also during the pumpkin moon, your above ground type enemies were spawning and preventing me from getting to the later waves because they don't count for the wave progression but they were still blocking the actual pumpkin moon monsters from spawning, the regular enemies did show up but in fewer numbers

and another thing..the infected musca mage..while im not sure if its from your mod...its EXTREMELY overpowered, warping around and dealing 50+ damage per mushroom attack

Are the magic mushrooms meant to spawn in normal mode? I get to an underground mushroom patch for the first time and instantly get gibbed by flying mushroom faces that can fly through any blocks extremely quickly.

Are the magic mushrooms meant to spawn in normal mode? I get to an underground mushroom patch for the first time and instantly get gibbed by flying mushroom faces that can fly through any blocks extremely quickly.

I complained about this certain enemy earlier..and I agree..its fine to have a glass cannon sort of enemy but hes SO strong that you need to have him hardmode only

Whenever I try to create a character (then click Create) It does this:*snip*
Help? %:sigh:

This was an error that was fixed already in a past update. Just to make sure I downloaded the mod just now and re-installed it. I created a new player and world with no problems. The problem was that I had changed a name of a file but forgot to change it in one of the other code files it's connected to. This is the error: *No key "Necro:FlyingBetta" found* Flying Betta is a pet and tAPI couldn't find the changed name in the mod files.
As I will show you here it works fine making a new character:
tAPI2014-12-2710-39-11-34.png

So you probably should go to the OP, download the mod again. Then open the game choose "mods" in the options, then choose "open mod directory". In this window delete the existing "Necro" zipped file. After that copy paste the "Necro" zipped file you downloaded into the "mod directory window. It should work fine then. Let me know if it doesn't.

hello! I love your mod! but I noticed some strange things...while in the dungeon I saw electric eels and bubbles...the dungeon is near the ocean so I assume its related to that..also during the pumpkin moon, your above ground type enemies were spawning and preventing me from getting to the later waves because they don't count for the wave progression but they were still blocking the actual pumpkin moon monsters from spawning, the regular enemies did show up but in fewer numbers

The problem with mobs spawning in weird places is just because some of the biomes used for spawning mobs cover more area then intended and have to be specified in the spawn code to not spawn when in other areas. Mobs from the first release of the mod didn't have these checks to not spawn. I'll fix these.

I agree with both of you about the infected musca mage, it'll receive a nerfing in both damage and change the projectile to not pass through tiles.
Thanks for your opinions =]

Same EXACT thing happened again on the first instance. Any other ways? I've been trying to get this mod since it came out and I'm dissapointed (Not in you).
EDIT: Tried again, this happened:
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(Terraria.Player p, System.String playerPath, System.Boolean skipMapSave = False)
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()

Last edited:
Same EXACT thing happened again on the first instance. Any other ways? I've been trying to get this mod since it came out and I'm dissapointed (Not in you).
EDIT: Tried again, this happened:
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
Ok, tell me two things still. I may be able to help narrow it down the problem: 1. Are you playing single player or multiplayer? 2. Are you using a new world or an old one?

Man with this mod... what is a pirate invasion?

I summoned the pirates but enemies from this mod just keep overwriting them... The whole issue with enemies spawning near towns seems to be the case with this mod aswell, mod enemies need to stop overwriting event enemies too.

Killing rotten mole causes crash.
pls nerf mole it crashes ur game.
I dont know why noone noticed it, i tried without mods and still crash,

I think you forgot to add some details to the necromancer helmets. I'm checking over the necromancer feathers in the guide's crafting menu and it says I can make multiple different necromancer helmets each with different defence values ranging from 3 to 7. Shouldn't there be some kind of bonus or something to pick one over the other, otherwise you may as well just pick the one with 7 defence every time. That said there could be an unwritten bonus for all I know but these things cost 25 necro harpie feathers each and I may need those for the maggot consumable and the sanguinaire bars.

Killing rotten mole causes crash.
pls nerf mole it crashes ur game.
I dont know why noone noticed it, i tried without mods and still crash,
Already been stated numerous times, and with the rotten mole specified. It's related to the way gore is handled, and is supposed to be fixed in the next release.

I found a bug with the Survivalist. (this mod adds it, right?)
Bug.PNG

As you can see, there are 2 Survivalists.

Back
Top Bottom