Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

I got a wooden crate then iron crate like 3 times in a row like a pattern to make it clear
(I had a crate potion,fishing, and a sonar potion)

Does world-gen RNG count?

20190809023348_1.jpg

World-gen randomly switched my desert and jungle around, creating a strange and very dangerous frozen jungle biome that exists between the two. Pretty sure rngesus only will allow this to exist this one time. A once in a lifetime rng event.

Have my character sitting in a key farm afk at the moment. Tabbed out for, at most, two and a half minutes. Tab back in and there's three corruption keys on the ground.

Granted, because I have to host to do a tabbed-window farm, it's possible I ran into the item dupe glitch, where an enemy ends up dropping its drop twice. (Interestingly enough, if it's a weapon or accessory, the two instances will have different modifiers.)

But the three keys were, while close to each other, not sitting on the same spots, so I think I did just luck out while I wasn't watching. I'm up to seven keys since... I think it's been three hours? Which is pretty great luck, the 3-in-a-row notwithstanding.

Edit: Make that eight.

I had some real life RNG, became friends with (unnamed person on here to protect their... something probably. And myself. From getting modded.), talked to them for like 20 minutes, decided to block me because I was "not cool enough". I hit a bullet then the bullet decided to dodge itself I guess?

Granted, because I have to host to do a tabbed-window farm, it's possible I ran into the item dupe glitch, where an enemy ends up dropping its drop twice. (Interestingly enough, if it's a weapon or accessory, the two instances will have different modifiers.)

But the three keys were, while close to each other, not sitting on the same spots, so I think I did just luck out while I wasn't watching. I'm up to seven keys since... I think it's been three hours? Which is pretty great luck, the 3-in-a-row notwithstanding.

Edit: Make that eight.
Is it a big farm?

Is it a big farm?
Not so much big as it is efficient. It's a long stretch of blocks underground where enemies can only spawn on flat ground directly to the left or right of the player. High ceiling, area below the box is lava (blocking spawns). Player stands in an elevated cup in the center of this, avoiding all enemies that can't pass through blocks. Sit there and let summons kill everything, profit.

I could show you, if you wanted to farm something. Got a few versions of this farm in different biomes.

Not so much big as it is efficient. It's a long stretch of blocks underground where enemies can only spawn on flat ground directly to the left or right of the player. High ceiling, area below the box is lava (blocking spawns). Player stands in an elevated cup in the center of this, avoiding all enemies that can't pass through blocks. Sit there and let summons kill everything, profit.

I could show you, if you wanted to farm something. Got a few versions of this farm in different biomes.
I would love to see it.

Doing ranged playthrough, got the Rod of Discord on tenth chaos elemental I killed. Wasn’t even farming for them. Later in the same playthrough, took 30 Bone Lees to get the damn black belt.

I almost always get Paladin’s Shield first five Paladin kills. No idea how. Literally never had to really grind for it, although now that I said it out loud I’ll never have good luck with it again.

I have gotten more Coin Guns then I have discount cards, 3 vs 1. Same subject, I have a track record of exactly 0 golden rings. I have also gotten substantially more Fishron wings then Bubble Guns over the long run, seeing as I have literally only ever gotten the bubble gun twice ever.

Got three Crimson Keys and a Frozen Key while farming for a frozen turtle shell not long ago.

I also got The Axe on my first ever plantera kill and have never seen another. This was back in 1.2 when it was 1/200 instead of 1/50.

I had a run where I got insanely good drops. Reaper Scythe, Legendary Picksaw, Rod of DIscord, key molds. You name it. It was absolutely insane. Also crafted a Legendary Excalibur once, that was fun (when it was the best sword)

Back
Top Bottom